Shubman Gill is the real deal!!!

maniac

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

I know he can bat a bit, but is he a genuine hitter or more of a lower-order nurdler like Jaddu in ODIs (with a SR of around 85)? I have not seen enough of his batting yet.

As for Gill, if they want him in WC 2019, he needs at least 1 yr in senior squad prior to the cup.

I think he is like philander/johnson/starc like batter...at the moment.

Could hit long way but not reliable

13 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

If you make 10 threads he is likely to have 50% success atleast lol

He does it after they do well.. 

I mean ben duckett had few good games.. He made a thread and his career went down hill for example.. renshaw and that kid haseeb.. someone find them :cantstop:

20 minutes ago, Lala said:

I couldn't find anything significant or specialty of this lad except for one-off century. correct me if im wrong. :cantstop:

image.png.522ed9fc35d5a9d06ca0734d64f6f715.png 

He is in focus due to his U19 performance, there is no doubt he has the talent question is what he does with it. Few domestic seasons and then A tours before he can even be considered.

What i do want to point out though is the difference in Indian and Pak approach, Shaw, Gill, few bowlers came out from U19 WC for India. For you guys Shaheen afridi was the most promising player however while we are looking to develop all these player you have handed him international cap. You have to be absolutely blind to realize he isnt ready.  Rather than developing the boy, you have thrown him to the wolves and waste another potential. 

Edited by jf1gp_1
6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Wanted to see how he does against big boys. Poor kid looked nervous plus faced one of the best bowler in this format. Hope has better outings going forward. 

That's not his style, he's not a hitter. You can't expect everyone to have that ability, especially when they've been taught to bat correctly and value their wicket

On 1/30/2018 at 6:44 AM, vvvslaxman said:

Will not be a great T20 player. So i am already prepared for his IPL failure. His game is custom made for One dayers.

I predicted this. He is a touch player and an innings builder. Expecting him to bat like Suryakumar yadav is a mistake. 

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

u19 stars need a couple of domestics to season. so he should not focus on ipl , but on domestic cricket, just like Washington Sundar.

But Sundar played IPL before playing much domestic cricket. In fact, his domestic performance is nothing to write about.

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But Sundar played IPL before playing much domestic cricket. In fact, his domestic performance is nothing to write about.

So was ashwin's . But Jadeja is a legend with bat, VK is a legend with ball in the domestic. I have seen enough domestic matches to say , it is one of the most misleading places to judge a talent.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is exactly you guys produce rubbish batsmen for decades.  Because your definition of talent is vastly different from our definition of talent. Exhibit A Afridi. 

Arre yaar you have misunderstood, if he is a talented batsman he should adapt to conditions. He needs to change gears. He needs to bat aggressively in T20 (IPL). That's how talented players are. Example Kohli, AB, Babar Azam, Williamson, etc.

2 hours ago, Lala said:

Arre yaar you have misunderstood, if he is a talented batsman he should adapt to conditions. He needs to change gears. He needs to bat aggressively in T20 (IPL). That's how talented players are. Example Kohli, AB, Babar Azam, Williamson, etc.

Batsmen aren't born knowing how and when to do everything.  You need to have a few basic natural skills as a pre-requisite, and then they learn the elements of constructing innings.  Expecting an 18 years old to come in with a few balls left in the innings, and getting everything to go his way is silly.  

And you know what's even sillier - throwing in Barbie Azam with the likes of Kohli, AB and Williamson!

16 hours ago, sandeep said:

And you know what's even sillier - throwing in Barbie Azam with the likes of Kohli, AB and Williamson!

Hahahaha He is the no:1 T20 batsman in the world. He is no:5 ODI in the world. That shows how he can change gears and adapt to any format where your AB and Williamson is no where in top 10 list of T20s. Moreover I took this as an example to show you how great players adapt to different conditions. :cantstop:

20 hours ago, Lala said:

Hahahaha He is the no:1 T20 batsman in the world. He is no:5 ODI in the world. That shows how he can change gears and adapt to any format where your AB and Williamson is no where in top 10 list of T20s. Moreover I took this as an example to show you how great players adapt to different conditions. :cantstop:

Maybe that's why Babar cannot adapt to play Test matches