Gautam Gambhir steps down as Delhi Daredevils' captain. Shreyas Iyer to take over as captain for remainder of the season.

Ankit_sharma03

Gambhir :hatsoff:

Contrast this with the shenanigans of nalayak besharam perjurer Dhoni who not only doesn't know when to bow out but also makes fake C grade movies extolling his non existent virtues and self-sacrificing nature. Looking back at the 2012 CB series makes me even sadder, the way SRT-Gambo-Viru were publicly humiliated and kicked around by a petty man to cover his own ineptitude, almost led the public to believe in his moves back then...scheming, backstabbing politician. Yograj ne sahi kaha tha, just like Ravana, this arrogant terrible human being will fall to the Earth one day and beg for pity..... I for one can't wait to see Dhoni pay for his sins, cricket is a great leveler and his past will come to haunt him one day. 

Edited by Gollum

18 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Gambhir :hatsoff:

Contrast this with the shenanigans of nalayak besharam perjurer Dhoni who not only doesn't know when to bow out but also makes fake C grade movies extolling his non existent virtues and self-sacrificing nature. Looking back at the 2012 CB series makes me even sadder, the way SRT-Gambo-Viru were publicly humiliated and kicked around by a petty man to cover his own ineptitude, almost led the public to believe in his moves back then...scheming, backstabbing politician. Yograj ne sahi kaha tha, just like Ravana, this arrogant terrible human being will fall to the Earth one day and beg for pity..... I for one can't wait to see Dhoni pay for his sins, cricket is a great leveler and his past will come to haunt him one day. 

And all that dictating was after dual whitewashes in tests amd doing a jack in both ODI series(England-Australia) that too after becoming World Champions..Never seen more Whited Sepulcher and bigoted person than him.

9 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

And all that dictating was after dual whitewashes in tests amd doing a jack in both ODI series(England-Australia) that too after becoming World Champions..Never seen more Whited Sepulcher and bigoted person than him.

Losing a test series or two makes you a bigot?

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

If I recall correctly, both Sachin & Ponting (Pondulkar) dropped themselves in mid series citing poor form and Rohit started leading the side. Ponting never played again but Sachin came back as a player in the later part of IPL.

Sachin was injured after the SRH game so he did not feature in the future games.

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

The point you mentioned in previous post is valid. I also came across reports that Rishabh's form was affected by captaincy in domestic cricket. Probably this is a stop gap solution. Punter is possibly avoiding putting more pressure on their most prolific batsman this season. It's a fair decision. Might give it to Rishabh afresh next season.

MI wanted Iyer back in 2016 and offered three players in exchange to DD but they declined the offer as they saw him as the future leader for Delhi.

44 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Nope. Ashwin and MSD are way better captains

Rohit keeps losing with a star studded team. That should let you know all

You are wrong... He won three IPL titles so far. and this year is not star studded either... I mean people like Pollard have waned away, Lewis is hit or miss and I don't know if HP and KP are stars in the real sense. HP thinks he is one but he is not. And I don't know what stars you are thinking about....

Ashwin is good but we have yet to see real success to give him that.... 

In any case, Rohit is not hurting his team. He is still MVP for the team MI. It is just the batting around him needs more solidity and that is hurting them badly....

Shocked that some people are ref to rohit name, he has been terrific for MI.....one bad season which still isnt over doesnt mean ull point fingers. Cmmn the guy has won 3 ipl , no one has done that 

give the same team to kohli or tendulkar they wnt have won a single IPL with them. 

If anyone who needs to take a cue is kohli, that he has tried his best and everything and it didnt work 

22 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

he was their top run getter in 2016. scored over 400 runs on IP debut.

:shock:really!!!!!

I feel if they want to groom...Pant is a better bet.

Delhi boy and has captaincy experience.

Let shreyas be captain now.

Make Pant vice captain and if he does well for the team, make him captain in a few years.

I don't see shreyas as a long term DD player.

DD should try to get Rana to their team in future. 

Edited by beetle

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

:shock:really!!!!!

I feel if they want to groom...Pant is a better bet.

Delhi boy and has captaincy experience.

Let shreyas be captain now.

Make Pant vice captain and if he does well for the team, make him captain in a few years.

I don't see shreyas as a long term DD player.

DD should try to get Rana to their team in future. 

his best utilization is as an opener as he can make use of PP.