Shivam Dubey

On 10/28/2019 at 11:57 AM, rkt.india said:

Can he survive against pace?

13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i have same doubts about him

Batted well against Nortje and smashed Dala who was bowling around 138-140 in the India A series. But I want see how he bats against short pitched deliveries.  

Edited by Mosher
3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There was a time when people had doubt about Pandya's ability against pace but with time he improved a lot 

So ,we shouldn't jump the gun on his case too and not brand him as spinner basher 

i never had that doubt about pandya against pace.....he always got in good position n never looked rushed by pace. Krunal on the other hand is opposite

with dube i saw him beaten by hardik pandya pace 

5 hours ago, Mosher said:

Batted well against Nortje and smashed Dala who was bowling around 138-140 in the India A series. But I want see how he bats against short pitched deliveries.  

Yes,that one length troubles most of the batsmen around the world but, a batsman without this shot in his armory is often found wanting in intl cricket like raina,yuvraj, Ganguly etc(Although these guys were box office hit in lois)

Edited by Suhaan
12 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He has a reputation of a lower order hitter. Its too early to judge him on that. But his bowling resembles a pie thrower. His dismissal of Naim was good but how many deliveries can he bowl consistently in this level. He is more of a 6th bowler same is the case with Krunal

He just puts the ball. Absolutely not doing anything with the ball. probably early stages as a seam bowler.   

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He just puts the ball. Absolutely not doing anything with the ball. probably early stages as a seam bowler.   

Conditions. who did anything with the ball yesterday? You were talking same about khaleel while i can show you he swings when conditions suit that.

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Conditions. who did anything with the ball yesterday? You were talking same about khaleel while i can show you he swings when conditions suit that.

Khaleel just pitches short. But he is more  a proper bowler than Dubey. As much as i don't rate Khaleel, he is still better than Dubey. Yes. both are not reliable at this point. 

9 hours ago, maniac said:

Shivam Dube: First two overs didn't go well, I didn't want to concede a boundary in my third. Rohit bhai just asked me to back my strengths. I try and bowl the heavy ball, backed myself to do it.

More advice :)  @velu @sandeep @Laaloo 

@velu, @sandeep The above comment might have come from a manic fan... but the reality is that Shivam Dube's performance today can be attributed to the way he was given the belief and confidence instilled by the captain. 

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Khaleel just pitches short. But he is more  a proper bowler than Dubey. As much as i don't rate Khaleel, he is still better than Dubey. Yes. both are not reliable at this point. 

That's his strength. When he is bowling with intensity, he hurries best of the best like he did yesterday and before that in IPL. He had a stellar IPL, his first IPL.

5 hours ago, sarcastic said:

@velu, @sandeep The above comment might have come from a manic fan... but the reality is that Shivam Dube's performance today can be attributed to the way he was given the belief and confidence instilled by the captain. 

yeah ok.  If you want to give him the 'captain' credit for such subjective things, you also need to keep in mind that it was the captain's fault that a series deciding game boiled down to whether an unproven rookie who is clearly more of a batsman, would be able to give you 4 full overs without being destroyed.  And his 1st 2 overs show what could have easily happened.