Reports: Wriddhiman Saha not likely to recover in time for England Test series

5 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

I would rather play Dhoni than a untested Pant,I absolutely dont trust Dk against the moving ball as he is a sitting duck against any ind of movement.

those are old days of Karthik, he is a prolific master batsman now and at the peak of his batting Prowess..

Check him out , he may be one of the highest scorers of the test Matches now, Rayudu and Karthik were in their best form of life in IPL, they could do what ever they wanted , such was their form. Rayudu is not in england else he would have scored big too...

karthik wont get a chance in ODI as KL rahul is one shade better and MSD will Keep...

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dk has made runs as opener in england in test cricket

are you kidding me? that was a decade ago.The last time i saw Karthik when there was swing and seam on offer in Dharamsala and he didnt even touch a ball for 3 overs,he basically missed all balls for 3 overs.

3 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

are you kidding me? that was a decade ago.The last time i saw Karthik when there was swing and seam on offer in Dharamsala and he didnt even touch a ball for 3 overs,he basically missed all balls for 3 overs.

So what has gone wrong with DK, his technique has gotten poor ????? not at all......infact he has now become more experienced

diff ball game , that was a minefield.....n 1 game doesnt decide that he has become bad. 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

What's with the negativity, we had better odds at winning the test series than the T20s, which we won rather easily, even without our best bowlers.

Batsman won us the T20s series. That wont be the case for tests as test matches are mostly won by bowlers. All depends on Kuldeep Yadav now and I hope they plays him. If they go with Ash-Jaddu...god saves us :laugh1:

Edited by Austin 3:!6
38 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Huge setback for Team India, I thought we would drop 20 odd catches in the 5 tests, without Saha we will miss 30+ now. Hope it is an injury and he hasn't been niggled out by the mafia. 

yeah...this is pretty bad.. we will drop a few keeper catches and few where keeper did not go for it..

Saha is unreal like a cat...we will miss him.

21 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

All depends on Kuldeep Yadav now and I hope they plays him. If they go with Ash-Jaddu...god saves us

here is the thing..

although they are not reading kuldeep we saw that they can slog him and disrupt his length..we will see more in ODI how he goes.

Ashwin and Jad can out smart the batsmen..esp if the pitch takes turn after few days..with the heat its possible.

The thing is they should have KY in the squad to have an option.

23 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah...this is pretty bad.. we will drop a few keeper catches and few where keeper did not go for it..

Saha is unreal like a cat...we will miss him.

I  agree if saha scores 100/100 on keeping Skills then Karthik scores 70..I mean if karthik picks 7 catches , saha would pick 10 as he may dive and catch some out of the world catches too but he is a sure shot failure in tests ...he has hardly scored anything in tests outside INDIA..Karthik is in the form of his life and has all the defensive technique in tests and has all the t20 shots too if he wants to score some quick 40 or 50 while batting with the TAIL.

indian team has played him as a Proper Batsman too so he is ranked and considered very highly JUST as a Batsman.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I  agree if saha scores 100/100 on keeping Skills then Karthik scores 70..I mean if karthik picks 7 catches , saha would pick 10 as he may dive and catch some out of the world catches too but he is a sure shot failure in tests ...he has hardly scored anything in tests outside INDIA..Karthik is in the form of his life and has all the defensive technique in tests and has all the t20 shots too if he wants to score some quick 40 or 50 while batting with the TAIL.

indian team has played him as a Proper Batsman too so he is ranked and considered very highly JUST as a Batsman.

i agree in terms  of batting KD and Shaha are different level altogether.. But the thing is will we even come to use that difference.

Keeper will definitely keep to pick wickets - which win matches.

Batsman will bat to extend the game or give sufficient to bowl out. KD's strength might not be used with an already good enough batting. But KD's keeping minus will be used for sure by Eng..every game every ball.

Its bowling vs batting deal in tests, bowling wins match in test..its just the game, keeper is an aspect of bowling in tests.

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i agree in terms  of batting KD and Shaha are different level altogether.. But the thing is will we even come to use that difference.

Keeper will definitely keep to pick wickets - which win matches.

Batsman will bat to extend the game or give sufficient to bowl out. KD's strength might not be used with an already good enough batting. But KD's keeping minus will be used for sure by Eng..every game every ball.

Its bowling vs batting deal in tests, bowling wins match in test..its just the game, keeper is an aspect of bowling in tests.

tests will be on BOwling friendly fast tracks and anderson and company will swing big- our batsman will get all out and Karthick will get to do a lot of batting. it will be Pacers vs Pacers and our batsman vs english batsman and Karthik will do a better job as batsman and as a keeper he would not be as good as Saha , over all keeping today's form I would pick Karthick.