Will KL Rahul make it count in the 2nd innings?

Won’t say bye bye to Rahul. I think he and Shaw can be be used together but heads must roll kn what the hell people were taking about the jealousy part etc earlier about Kohli. He has given him ample chances to Rahul here.

That said, every player fails at times overseas and Kohli did too. So we will hope Rahul getd better. I would plau him in Australia and start with him actually as I have hope in him to succeed. 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

How many of you noticed Rahul taking his stance? I'd like someone to post a video of his dismissal by Broad.

Look at his dismissal in the second innings. Forget about the ball that was a shooter and could have got anyone. He wasn't ready in his stance till Broad was two third into his runup! When he looked up, Broad was already loading up at the crease. I practically said to myself that Rahul is going to move away as he simply wasn't ready. He didn't, of course.

I have closely watched his batting this series and this single fact has stood out for me. He's been reluctant and lazy in assuming his stance. Ideally, you want the batsman to be ready and eyeballing the bowler when he reaches the top of his bowling mark. Not so with Rahul. It's almost like he's hesitant and fearful, not wanting to face the bowler.

I still don't doubt his ability but with this timid, fearful mental makeup, he won't go further.

Yes, he has looked timid this series. I think he just looks mentally down when on the field with h bat and only looks confident when he takes a catch or something on the field only to look shaky again when he has bat in the hand and has to score again for India. Series of low scores is making him nervous at times and making him look worse than he actually is. For him, the best thing would be the end of this tour. He needs some time off from this England tour(well whole team will be getting one soon) but the Australian tour is not too far so he has to go back and get ready for that. Good thing is that he has scored runs in Australia, so he has decent memories there, just needs to work harder and forget what happened on this tour and concentrate what lies ahead.

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Won’t say bye bye to Rahul. I think he and Shaw can be be used together but heads must roll kn what the hell people were taking about the jealousy part etc earlier about Kohli. He has given him ample chances to Rahul here.

That said, every player fails at times overseas and Kohli did too. So we will hope Rahul getd better. I would plau him in Australia and start with him actually as I have hope in him to succeed. 

Don't know whether he deserves more chances. 

But one thing is certain.

The kid is either totally immature or shameless or maybe both.

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Don't know whether he deserves more chances. 

But one thing is certain.

The kid is either totally immature or shameless or maybe both.

Shameless for what? He failed like any other player might do away from home. Kohli failed mierably, averaging 13 on his 2014 tour. Ponting did not score anything in India until his last ever tour to India, just before his retirement. So top players do struggle at times but pick up eventually. Rahul has age on his side to comeback.  Needs to be given time. Yes, his performances should be monitored from

here on, but he can’t be called shameless.

8 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Shameless for what? He failed like any other player. Kohli failed missrably, averaging 13 on his 2014 tour. Ponting did not score anything in India until his last ever tour to India, just before his retirement. So top players do struggle at times but pick up eventually. Rahul has age on his side to comeback.  Needs to be given time. Yes, his performances should be monitored from

here on, but he can’t be called shameless.

Shameless for posting on twitter immediately after the series loss where he has scored in binary digits throughout.

Yes , Kohli also failed in 2014 tour. But I don't remember him posting anything on twitter immediately after the humiliating 1-3 loss in England.   (Even though he was our best LOI batsman by a country mile)

38 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Shameless for posting on twitter immediately after the series loss where he has scored in binary digits throughout.

Yes , Kohli also failed in 2014 tour. But I don't remember him posting anything on twitter immediately after the humiliating 1-3 loss in England.   (Even though he was our best LOI batsman by a country mile)

Posting on twiitter about wishing a team mate on his birthday is shameless? Its not like he posted about his scores or defending the team’s performance or his own performance on twitter.

Indian fans need to gauge their disappointment and anger and yield it off in a manner on players which makes sense. 

Sound advice this from an Anonymous fan for KL Rahul....

Sympathies dear Rahul. I won't join the trolls. But more than anyone else, you are probably the first to analyse what went wrong. To my mind, inability to cope with the moving ball was the main reason for failure. I can give you two bits of advice - 1. Fall at the feet of your namesake - the great Rahul Dravid, probably the best batsman against pace, India has ever produced and master the art of batting in Tests from him. Take Guru Upadesha . You were unable to adjust to Tests after playing the slam bang variety which Geoffrey Boycott will call " roobish". 2. Sign up for a English County immediately and play in England every year, for three seasons, even if it means skipping IPL.

I do not support a batsman who doesnt look in control of his bat and shot. Have you guys wondered how many times Rahul is late in taking bat out of the line of the ball and letting it go to the keeper.

To me it means either of 2 things

1. He can not judge the pace bounce and swing

2. He is unsure of what to do. i.e lack of confidence

If its case 2, Then captain/coach/psychologist can tell him what to do and how to cope.

If its case 1. He himself and himself have to act to fix it instead of getting advise from Shashtri Bangar

7 hours ago, mishra said:

Rahul is late in taking bat out of the line of the ball and letting it go to the keeper

even Kohli and Rahane have been playing it late and leaving it late. i think they are delibrately trying to read swing and leave it late. It might be because of that adjustment. But rahul has other clear weakness with incoming delivery where he is not able to cope it.