There’s no utility of tour games if you are not provided quality opposition, says Virat Kohli

Switchblade

You yourself can  make 2 teams  from  your team members  along with a few promising local  players  and play a few practice matches....captain ....  what not even some highly talented promising youngsters  from India too could have been taken along with you

and made  part of these  2 teams so much so that not only your team members, but these 2 younsters too would have benefitted a lot in the long run by playing along side you ...Now keep your bloody mouth shut... 

Even if the opposition is quality, the host nation can give flat wickets for practice games and unleash green mambas for the tests. So we are left with the actual test matches themselves serving as practice. This is where the coaching staff and players need to step up their game. They need to watch every ball like a hawk and make note of adjustments that need to be made in the first test itself. A long test series is like a 5 setter in tennis where players start tentative, lose the first set 1-6 or 0-6 but win the match after upping their level and intensity after set 1. The Indian team should take no more than 1-2 innings to adjust and learn. They can't keep failing and making emotional appeals to fans for the entirety of the series.

I strongly believe given his mental makeup, Kohli would not be saying this shyt if he was not ingrained in this culture of thinking. He is surrounded by an alcoholic yes man and a bunch of players who think it is OK to perform miserably like this. And then he knows there will be no accountability from BCCI especially since he has personally performed well. Heck Dhoni sucked as a player and lost series after series and still there was no accountability!

Although I must say that his personal performance means shyt to me if it is not resulting in what actually matters - test wins overseas. Also he had two good shots to see his team to victory in 1st and 4th tests - he failed in both. Why should I blame Sachin then for his "supposedly" lack of test match winning ability? I would accept if India made the right preparation and did the right things, checked the right boxes and simply outplayed. But that is not the case always. Instead we are hearing all these excuses. MC...BC, true champions do not provide excuses. They win, or if they lose, they admit defeat graciously and are extremely self-critical. You have disappointed me greatly, Mr. Kohli. You are just like the others.

Pathetic!!

Edited by dandaroy

I get it why they don't want to play practice games, as they will be usually playing non-stop cricket, they think it's best to take some time off. But if you are not playing warmups, the least he can do is select a proper team which is best suited to handle the conditions. 

By selecting the likes of Dhawan, Rohit,  he comes across like he just don't care about the results. His team is not going to achieve much with this mentality. 

11 hours ago, Switchblade said:

going to be life. If I am solid and doing the right things, then I am much more confident on the field. I don’t play for perceptions, for people or for reputation, I only play to make the team win and that’s why I started playing the sport.”

:rolleyes: