I am scared about the Indian batting going into the World Cup: Sourav Ganguly

SecondSlip

4 hours ago, Lannister said:

I hope after the world cup, Kohli will be sacked. BCCI shouldn't let him to become another Dhoni. or else the cycle will just keep on repeating. 

I have already come to the terms about our chances in the world cup and Kohli's captaincy, in general. 

I had high expectations on Kohli when he took over from Dhoni. Hoped for miracles and smart captaincy. Unfortunately things haven't changed one bit. 

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

i dont know wtf is this opening batsman non sense.

If a batsman is good enough to open, he will be good enough to play in middle order. 

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

one of the best test and ODI batsman, Mike Hussey was originally an opener.  Joe Root who bats in middle order was originally an opener.

@rkt.india

why are you restating what i already said and quoting my other comment ?

2 hours ago, Kothili said:

I had high expectations on Kohli when he took over from Dhoni. Hoped for miracles and smart captaincy. Unfortunately things haven't changed one bit. 

this shows there is a deep authority within the team management -> unwritten rules and unpublished kings who remain no matter what the captain says and does.

10 hours ago, Vilander said:

he can not be blamed for this, he is not the captain in this series. If Rohit had control he could have got KLR in.

But i think indian team has a pattern - they fill roles in the team and earmark players as best suited for certain roles.

They should have Openers + number 3 as a group - then KLR can come in. 

His methods are clearly not working, be it in Tests or LOIs and he's too stubborn to learn from his mistakes and reassess where he is going wrong. He is not a captaincy material to me. 

7 hours ago, sandsaims said:

Have been saying it for ages, Kohli doesnt want any superstars to emerge. All he cares about is brand Kohli and nothing else. 2019WC will be a sad affair for all indians.

lets be realistic only reason why anyone is even talking about rahul is because he finally got 140+ in a test match. Had he got a 25-30 no one would have brought him up. 

17 hours ago, rkt.india said:

when the captain is in awe of the former captain, there is nothing can be done.  You need captain's will and vision to change things around.  Dhoni had that when he came around as captain.  Kohli just lives in a wonderland.  He just does not seem to have any idea about what kind of players you need to create a strong team.

Rohit Sharma should be the LOI captain. It is pretty clear now, Kohli should focus on his batting and encouraging fast bowlers

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

lets be realistic only reason why anyone is even talking about rahul is because he finally got 140+ in a test match. Had he got a 25-30 no one would have brought him up. 

No. Even if he had been duck out in the last innings, I would have campaigned for him. Mainly because he can score big at faster rate than anyone else in the current mid order, which we would really need in the England pattas.I wouldnt trust this mid order to score 300+ if the top three didnt fire

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Not really that 140 has nothing to do with it.  People are talking about him even before he played in England. He is visibly the most talented batsman after Kohli and Rohit in the current team.