Akash Chopras all time India ODI XI (including Bumrah)

Sooda

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

why do you think batsman today are lesser?

No doubt that the batsmen of today are not as equipped to play spin as the batters of 90's were. When it comes to fast bowling, we do not have as many great bowlers there were back then, so the batters havent been tested enough.

That being said, I do not rate the batsmen any lesser, I was merely answering to the comment aimed at me. Maybe the wording I used there were not appropriate.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:28 PM, kosingh said:

Devang Gandhi

Sujith Somsunder

Pankaj Dharmani

Jatin Paranjape

Atul Bedade

Vijay Dahiya (wk)

Stuart Binny

Ritender Singh Sodhi

Ashish Kapoor

Rahul Sanghvi

Subroto Banerjee

On 10/18/2018 at 9:39 AM, SK_IH said:

wonderful memories brought back, reserves can be Vijay Bharadwaj, Doda Ganesh and Noel David

Its blasphemous that MSK Prasad is not the 1st choice WK:whack: 

These names do bring back so many memories. Painful memories lol. If I remember correctly Vijay Bharadwaj was the man of the series in his debut series and then faded away. Noel David was a live wire on the field but he had nothing else going for him. Don't know how he even got selected. Dodda Ganesh was a trundler like many on the scene at that time. Some more players from that era - Kumaran, Amit Bhandari, Rajesh Chouhan, Jacob Martin, Vikram Rathour.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

These names do bring back so many memories. Painful memories lol. If I remember correctly Vijay Bharadwaj was the man of the series in his debut series and then faded away. Noel David was a live wire on the field but he had nothing else going for him. Don't know how he even got selected. Dodda Ganesh was a trundler like many on the scene at that time. Some more players from that era - Kumaran, Amit Bhandari, Rajesh Chouhan, Jacob Martin, Vikram Rathour.

Amit bhandari at times could crank it upto 140 back then. Rajesh Chauhan was actually good, and Jacob martin was not so bad either. As far as I remmber

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Amit Bhandari was hyped to be a quick bowler but turned out to be a trundler when he made his debut. 

If my memory serves it right, he did bowl around 145, but by the time he was drafted in the team he had already lost his pace. Infact, I had seen him practise in 2000 in Chinnaswamy alongwith Agarkar, Zaheer, Prasad and Srinath.

Bumrah and Kuldeep haven't played enough yet but no other Indian bowlers ever in ODIs have been as impressive as them for a fair number of games (30+). I'm assuming they are going to maintain their standards and have a long career. I'm picking them in my all time ODI XI not only for their performances so far but also for being unique kind of bowlers which helps in LOIs.

S Tendulkar

S Dhawan

R Sharma

V Kohli

Y Singh

*+ M Dhoni

K Dev

Z Khan

A Kumble

K Yadav

J Bumrah

Notable exclusions ... Ganguly, Gambhir, Sehwag, Dravid, Srinath, Agarkar, Harbhajan

On 10/17/2018 at 11:50 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1.Sachin

2. Dhawan/sehwag (even though sehwag was an underachiever still an X-factor is always tempting)

3.Kohli 

4.Yuvraj

5.Dhoni 

6.Ajay Jadeja/Irfan/Hardik /dravid 

7.Kapil Dev

8. Kumble

9. Zak

10. Bumrah 

11. Srinath/bhajji/sir jadeja/kuldeep

2 slots for me are opposition n situation dependant, will always prefer to be flexbile 

Player who were tough to Drop- Rohit n GG

You can't have so many options.

Gotta pick only XI for all conditions. That's the challenge.

For all conditions, this will be my pick:

Sachin 

Dhawan

Kohli

Ganguly

Yuvi

Dhoni 

Raina

Kapil dev

Kumble 

Zak

Bumrah

Explosive Top order, solid middle, batting till #9. All Three pacers capable of match winning performances, Kumble, Yuvi, Raina, Ganguly and Sachin will bowl 25 overs easily. Electric fielders at cover and point, safe catchers in deep.