Australian commentators insult Mayank Agarwal and Ranji Trophy

tweaker

Fox News commentary has been terrible. All of them talk way too much even while the ball is being bowled. I like Isha Guha, she is getting dragged down by the others. Warne has some decent insights, but the phucker talks waay too much. O'Keefe aka do takey ka spinner has a extremely poor sense of humor which is totally unfunny. Mark Waugh looks like a grumpy arrogant prick. I liked Michael Vaughan, but he has not been in the box this test. It is good to criticize and praise when the situation demands it, but the panel swings like a pendulum from one extreme to the other, and in between they are talking non-cricketing garbage which no one cares for. Actually, Indian commies are better than this bunch. 

Richie Benaud and Tony Greig are turning in their graves, and Ian Chappell (even with his idiosyncrasies) must be shaking his head. Oh I so miss Bill Lawry on Channel 9. 

Edited by Audiophile

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/india-vs-australia-why-would-you-name-your-kid-cheteshwar-jadeja-kerry-okeeffe-infuriates-indian-fans/338686

"He [Mayank] has got a message for Kerry… ‘when you do open your canteen, he wants to come and smell the coffee. He wants to compare it to the ones back in India…coffee here’s better or the ones back home’," Shastri had said after the conclusion of second day's play.

8 hours ago, GolGappe said:

I am not sure about the racist angle.

He sounds like a typical loud mouth baby boomer who doesn't give too much thought to political correctness before blabbing on.

Yep and when you call them up on it they call you a snowflake. No time for Aussies, racists or for his baby boomer generation so happy to stick the boot in wherever

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25637246/india-furious-kerry-okeeffe-jalandhar-railways-canteen-staff-jibe

very angry with Kerry O'Keeffe's remarks and will officially report to CA. Good job

Crowd chanting "Show your visa".

Kerry O'Keeffe making derogatory remarks about India domestic cricket. 

Making fun of our names is not, though. Even we make fun of L ungan and naagin names, but when it comes from a white man , it sounds racist. 

These things used to happen more earlier as well, but were never reported.

He is making fun of Indian players name recently come to think of it I was wondering which mother or would name her child "Paine" you are such pain also hazlewood,teakwood, sandle wood

Pat Cummins, dab Cummins,tap Cummins

r these supposed to be names of players someone needs to ask him back

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Making fun of our names is not, though. Even we make fun of L ungan and naagin names, but when it comes from a white man , it sounds racist. 

Making fun of names on social forums is different from making fun of names on air.. I've never heard any Indian commentator say L ungans or call names at Lankan/Bangla players

Edited by bowl_out
2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Making fun of names on social forums is different from making fun of names on air.. I've never heard any Indian commentator say Sri Lanka or call names at Lankan/Bangla players

Exactly Harsha has said before how long Srilankan names were and even memorized them but he always said that in good taste. Not in a mocking way