BCCI: Ashwin declared unfit, ruled out of Sydney

fineleg

If Bhuvi is not in the team even after Yadav's horror performance in the last match he played,it might be better to drop him altogether.

Wonder why someone like Siraj is not in the squad even as cover,it was inevitable that some of the pacers would break down.Read somewhere that even Shami is unwell,in which case we are well and truly cooked.

3 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

If Bhuvi is not in the team even after Yadav's horror performance in the last match he played,it might be better to drop him altogether.

Wonder why someone like Siraj is not in the squad even as cover,it was inevitable that some of the pacers would break down.Read somewhere that even Shami is unwell,in which case we are well and truly cooked.

the fat is in the fire. time to begin cooking that goose.

What is the obsession with Umesh, and why Bhuvi is not getting any chances.  I am damn sure, Kohli will bring Kl Rahul and Umesh Yadav in place of rohit and ishant. So we will be effectively 9 man team again, with Umesh and KL Rahul playing for the opposition. And I am damn sure we will the toss again and eventually going to lose the match.

Send Ashwin back to India on the very next flight and give him very clear fitness goals for the next 6 months.

Our next test series is in WI in July and Ashwin should not be a confirmed selection. Time to groom Kuldeep with Jadeja as lead spinner. All that we have got from Ashwin is big talk before every away series and turning up half fit for the series.

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Carrying half fit players make no sense.

And Ash has been unfit for 2 big series now and still with the team.

Bhuvi is probably not fully fit for test matches but still with the squad.

Shaw's replacement was brought in late as well.

This is poor selection policy and affecting our team's performances.

I noticed this point as well..

I noticed that Ishant did not try his level best in the third test and at one stage when other pacers had bowled 12 overs+, he had bowled only 5. when ishant is fully fit, he can run in and bowl long spells. also saw him stretching many times.\

BHuvi had hardly played in ODI's and was a failure in one or 2 odi's he played, it probably was clear that he was unfit or definitely not in rhythm- why was he picked ahead of a STEAMING SIRAJ.

if Umesh Yadav gets an opportunity tomorrow, I expect Umesh to bounce back as I am sure he must have got hurt.

i hope he gets back to his 137 to 148k days.

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Ideally -

Mayank

Rahul :facepalm::((

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane :facepalm:

Vihari

Pant

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Sydney pitch helping spinners is a big myth. In the last 5 tests or so, spinners havent done jack at the SCG. One spinner is enough, Vihari is there to roll his arms. Better off going with Bhuvi but strangely dont think he is in the 13. Umesh inspires no confidence. He could do well but most probably he will bowl filth.

24 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

Umesh's waywardness impact gets amplified if India has to bowl first.

They should have asked for replacements earlier when several players like Bhuvi, Ashwin etc were not at 100% fitness.

Yes, Injured players must be sent back immediately and not wait for the end of the series.

9 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There are no options.

Parthiv patel could be tried as a short term option give the wrteched form of KL Rahul. Risk of playing Rahul is higher. If he gets out in the first over it exposes both Pujara and Kohli very early in the piece. Between Vijay and Rahul, i would rather back Vijay to survive more than a few over. This guy is pure lottery. He could score a handy 50 or get out very early.