Should ICF arm chair pundits say sorry to Shastri?

G_B_

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

No way should ICF mob say sorry

No

No

No

They should actually bend over, pull their pants down and let Uncle Ravi has his way as punishment.  Actually no dont do that as 5ft 2 IT geeks here will not see it as punishment but pleasure.  You sick , moaning mo fos!

Weren't you a part of the mob that wanted Pujara out? :phehe:

Honestly, i think Kohli and Sashtri were emotional in the post-match. What is the problem there, they received a lot of stick but won against Aus in Aus ( toughest test there is outside of India in India for SENA teams - SA does not have the crowd to really make the visitors feel uncomfortable like Aussies do)

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/7228/proudest-moment-of-my-life-virat-kohli

On 1/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, Clarke said:

This is like that Pant-Tendulkar thread. Some of us provided examples of Vihari being a better bowler than Kumble & Rohit being a better test batsman than Sachin since they have now won in Aus unlike their predecessors.

John Buchanan was the biggest example of being at the right place at the right time. Shane Warne himself questioned his weirdness.

I also noticed how the torrid 4-1 in Eng is already forgotten by beating this poor Aus side.

In England, we missed our two premier bowlers in bk and Bumrah for first two tests. 

On 1/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, putrevus said:

Shastri has been good, he has looked to win, he gave debut to Bumrah.His batsmen have  let him down big time especially openers who have been nothing but tailenders.

This Indian team has become brave and is willing to lose in order to win. They need to keep doing the same things they will win everywhere.Selectors also need to come to party they have been awful.

So what has Shastri done

1 hour ago, Kannadiga said:

Ahh the flag bearer of Tamilians. Next which North Indian your people are going to adapt next? :phehe:

Far better than conceding a whole city to North Indians. Bengaluru is already awash with north indians and RCB is led by north indian Kohli. Atleast our kaptan wins trophies in IPL :phehe:

2 hours ago, Kannadiga said:

Ahh the flag bearer of Tamilians. Next which North Indian your people are going to adapt next? :phehe:

Anyone who comes to the state and does well gets adopted there. You can go and try too. Its a democracy and its part of Indian ethos.

Edited by Vilander

Shastri is so embarrassing.

Irrespective of his cricket coaching qualities (which he doesn't have much anyway), how can the most popular and biggest international cricket team in the world have such an unnecessarily boisterous and immature man as the coach?

As an Indian cricket fan, I (and guess most of us) cringe every time he opens his mouth.

Some cringe moments from his recent press conference ...

There was the usual combative reaction to criticism - Shastri took another potshot at Sunil Gavaskar's criticism, calling his shots "blanks" that are "blown away like a tracer bullet" by the time they reach the southern hemisphere.

Shastri, though, continued to be caustic. He was asked if he would like to share this success with captains who - from Lala Amarnath to MS Dhoni - tried their best to win in Australia but couldn't. "Past is history, future is a mystery," Shastri said.

I said in Melbourne - I think I mentioned people taking pot shots and firing blanks. I wasn't joking there, because I knew how hard this team had worked. When you fire from there, by the time it crosses the southern hemisphere, it's blown away by the wind like a tracer bullet. But lead with something in it can be pretty serious. 

"This is not a team of gods or demigods, seniors or juniors. This is an Indian cricket team that will jump over a cliff to win a match for the country."

This team now has an identity to look at any other Indian team from the past in the eye and say, 'We play proper Test match cricket. You did, we did too,' without being intimidated."

14 hours ago, Singh bling said:

First test cricket fans should say sorry to IPL. When India lost 4-0 in England and Australia they were screaming that IPL destroyed test cricket.

honestly you have this section of Indians who basically shoot down anything aspirational. If Ravi shastri did fcuk all and spoke elegantly in a suit at press conferences etc they would not be so vitriolic in their ridicule. Some people just cant hack that Shastri cannot conform to their ideas of civility and smartness.

Even as a commentator, the educated middle class (who form the bulk of posters on this forum) ridicule Shastri phrases "like a tracer bullet". But his key demographic the emerging middle class and lower middle classes/poor  in India who dont speak and write fluently love these phrases.

On the whole IPL thing as well, its not as if India had an amazing record overseas before the IPL. Our win loss ratio is epic this decade and has improved on last decade. If anything since the IPL the number of boring draws seem to have come to an end. Coincidence? I think not.