History - India win first ever Border-Gavaskar Trophy in Australia

Just now, Kannadiga said:

Whatever Kohli's shortcomings as a captain, this achievement should be appreciated. :hatsoff:

He will go down as the best Indian captain, mainly because of his role in bringing the cultural change with respect to bowling and fitness. I think he is slowly improving his captaincy too but he needs to be more proactive when it comes to discarding seniors from the team. 

We'll see that effect only after he leaves the scene, Ganguly is still the biggest changeover in terms of attitude & leadership in the past 3 decades. Wait for results till after he hangs his boots up, then we'll see if he did achieve what he planned for.

3 minutes ago, Lala said:

Such a pathetic Aussie side ever I have seen. This team can be defeated by even the India U-19 side. RIP Aussie cricket along with other dejected nations like WI & SL. Let's call Aussies as New Minnows. :cantstop:

I know you are trolling but did you miss the PakvsAus series in UAE? Besides Warner and Smith, hat team did not have Cummins and Hazlewood as well.

3 hours ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Started watching cricket 96 world cup.

Stopped watching after 8-0 and home series defeat in 2011-12.From 2015 started following again.

2001  aus home series win,2011 wc win and now this .My 3 best memories.Pujara  became immortal  for indian cricket fans.:isalute:

Now waiting for gill and shaw to cement our new dominance.

Same here. Absolutely loathed the test era under Dhoni. The back broke when he lost to England in home.

Developed a new interest after Kohli took over all formats and mainly because our fast bowling success abroad and spinners bull dozing at home.

All the best for the World Test Championship.

Just now, Lala said:

Such a pathetic Aussie side ever I have seen. This team can be defeated by even the India U-19 side. RIP Aussie cricket along with other dejected nations like WI & SL. Let's call Aussies as New Minnows. :cantstop:

Yes Pak should absolutely replace their team with U19, they looked scared facing SA pacers even with helmets ON :angel:

Oh how the once mighty have fallen :cantstop:

Funny this effect seems invisible in LO or tests, where he's constantly picked Ashwin over Jadeja or Kuldeep & Vijay/Dhawan/Sharma over other batters. Let's just say he still has some ways to go before even being considered as someone who supports youngsters, his track record over 3+ years in tests proves that he plays safe & backs experience over youth more often than not. Lastly one summer doesn't make a swallow & let's just hope for India's sake this isn't a false dawn, as we saw with Dhoni.

Shastri, though, continued to be caustic. He was asked if he would like to share this success with captains who - from Lala Amarnath to MS Dhoni - tried their best to win in Australia but couldn't. "Past is history, future is a mystery," Shastri said. "Okay? We have won today after 71 years, I'd like to live in the present. And salute my captain for being the captain of the team that beat Australia for the first time in Australia in a series."

When talking about the satisfaction of winning this series, Shastri again referenced teams from the past, and also said Kohli shows more passion for Test cricket than any other captain in the world."I don't think anyone plays Test cricket with more passion than he [Kohli] does," Shastri said. "At least I don't see any other international captain coming close to him on the field when it comes to showing that passion needed to play the game. He is very expressive, which is different to others. Other captains could have different personalities but Virat is someone who is in your face and it rubs off on all the youngsters who are watching the game in India. His team-mates watch him, they want to emulate him. And to believe that they can be someone like him who can go out there and strive for excellence.

"So when an individual puts his neck on the line as captain then the others follow. And you have seen that transition happening over the last two-three years where guys in the team have become more and more confident, about their own ability and the ability of the team as well and it's made all the difference. I said in Melbourne - I think I mentioned people taking pot shots and firing blanks. I wasn't joking there, because I knew how hard this team had worked. When you fire from there, by the time it crosses the southern hemisphere, it's blown away by the wind like a tracer bullet. But lead with something in it can be pretty serious. And that's what we have fired right through the series against Australia. We were committed, and it jolly well made a bloody difference at the end of it all.

:cantstop:

Taking digs at Dhoni?

One of the top test series victories. Well played boys :clap:

The only one i didn't watch was the 1967. Those days when away tours were not broadcast but one had to see the highlights or clips on news channels. Hope we win in South Africa.

Opponent / Year / Total Tests / Series Margin (India - Opponent)

Test Series wins outside Asia
(1) NZ /1967 / 4 / 3-1
(2) WI / 1971/ 5 / 1-0
(3) ENGLAND / 1971 / 3 / 1-0
(4) ENGLAND / 1986 / 3 / 2-0
(5) ENGLAND / 2007 / 3 / 1-0
(6) NZ / 2009 / 3 / 1-0
(7)AUSTRALIA / 2019 / 4 / 2-1

Test Series wins within Asia
(1) SRI LANKA / 1993 / 3 / 1-0
(2) BANGLADESH / 2000 / 1 / 1-0
(3) PAKISTAN / 2004 / 3 / 2-1