Pakistan Captain calls South African player "Kaale" out of frustration of losing.

sandeep

14 minutes ago, gattaca said:

@sandeep This is bad but is callling someone black racism ? N word yes but black ? I don’t know.

7 minutes ago, goose said:

Tricky. Like @gattaca says is using the word 'kaale' racist? bit like you or I calling an Aussie 'gora'

Maybe you guys are not fluent in hindi/urdu.  Its the prefix "abey" that very clearly signifies the derogatory intent.  Like others have explained, the phrase doesn't translate simply to 'black'.  its more like 'Hey Blackie'.

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Maybe you guys are not fluent in hindi/urdu.  Its the prefix "abey" that very clearly signifies the derogatory intent.  Like others have explained, the phrase doesn't translate simply to 'black'.  its more like 'Hey Blackie'.

Yup I see that now

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Who sledges in a language that the batsman doesn't even know if it's directed at him. 

People who can't talk in english to save their arse, that's who. Also, wtf is this hassan laughing at? He finds this racial bs funny but turn the table around, will cry a river or two and protest/burn pics in the name of racism. Ignorant douchbags like this should not be allowed to use the net, LOL.

Lots of morons in PP seems to be enjoying this racist slur from their favorite captain aswell. 

Edited by Zero_Unit
4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

You and other Pakistani's face nationism , not racism. Racially you are no different from indians

What about the Arab descendents.

Afaik only the lower caste converts are racially similar to Indians.

All the other handsome , fair Pakistanis are the descendants of mighty Arabs and Turks.

Sarfaraj is definitely Indian though.

2 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Again, one idiot who was ‘preaching’.

I’ve experienced racism on this very forum. Don’t pretend that Indian’s are angels.

Yes because "racism" on an online cricket forum is the same as your national captain totla spewing garbage in front of millions whilst representing his country.

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

What about the Arab descendents.

Afaik only the lower caste converts are racially similar to Indians.

All the other handsome , fair Pakistanis are the descendants of mighty Arabs and Turks.

Sarfaraj is definitely Indian though.

Muslim communities in South Asia apply a system of social stratification. It developed as a result of ethnic segregation between the foreign conquerors (Ashraf) and the local converts (Ajlaf). 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Muslim communities in South Asia apply a system of social stratification. It developed as a result of ethnic segregation between the foreign conquerors (Ashraf) and the local converts (Ajlaf). 

I know Bhaijan. Was only messing around.

And even the Ashraf ones aren't pure anymore. Anyway we are derailing the thread.

3 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Why are Desis so racist?even people who have never seen a black man is instinctively racist. 

In India it is not racist to call someone black or monkey, I have seen many call their friends like that. We don’t have concept of oppression based on race/color because we are one race. 

7 minutes ago, gattaca said:

In India it is not racist to call someone black or monkey, I have seen many call their friends like that. We don’t have concept of oppression based on race/color because we are one race. 

Calling  someone who is dark skinned Kaala or Kallu in India May not be racism in Indian context but it is still mean and offensive.

However it carries  a different context when referring to black guy especially in the “tone” Sarfraz used here. It was offensive

Edited by maniac
9 minutes ago, gattaca said:

The word "black" is not racist in English too. Context matters. No doubt it was racist here.