44 personnel martyred in terror attack on CRPF convoy in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama

vayuu1

34 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

Don't know what are you on about here. Even Karnataka has lost a soldier in this cowardly act. 

What I am on about is you hinting at a false flag operation because of upcoming elections in the 1st para. I don't know whether you meant that or not but the choice of words was poor. 

1 hour ago, Kannadiga said:

One rarely see such attacks on soldiers in a well established countries and that too in a heavily guarded area. 

One often sees attacks on soldiers, more common in 3rd world countries. Look at attacks in Israel, Iran, Africa, Turkey, Philippines, Egypt, Lebanon...many ghastly attacks in guarded areas. And Kashmir is essentially a war zone, Pakistan is a rogue state that sponsors terrorism in the valley. We block 9 attacks but the 10th one slips through...nothing fishy.

16 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

I am outta here. lol what a nutjobs these Modi bhakts are.

25 minutes ago, Kannadiga said:

What the phuck are you blabbering about moron? Try removing your head from Modi's ass once in a while. 

From where has Modi come into the picture? And how do you know who is Modi bhakt and who isn't? This is us backing CRPF, Army and the govt at a time of crisis. When a country faces a threat, natural for people to get behind their govt even if they don't like the ruling party. Americans irrespective of party line got behind Bush post 9/11, all Indians were behind MMS post 26/11 in anticipation of retaliation....you may dislike Modi but he is our leader atm. 

Edited by Gollum

I don't know how the budget is allocated but need to spend big bucks on modernizing army and surveillance equipment in Kashmir (and North East)

I still read news like this: Ind Army finally gets modern bullet proof helmets

Have followed terrorist attacks since 1990s. This includes attacks on pilgrims too. As posted earlier, the pattern remains the same - a) outcry, b) forget and move on, c) repeat when such attacks happen again, d) move on  

As they say God helps those who help themselves. Ind is its own enemy on many issues. Ind's policy is to resolves issue through time (like the perennial running court cases). It is hard to help such a country that shy aways from taking the bull by its horns :hitler: 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

What I am on about is you hinting at a false flag operation in the 1st para because of upcoming elections. I don't know whether you meant that or not but the choice of words was poor. 

One often sees attacks on soldiers, more common in 3rd world countries. Look at attacks in Israel, Iran, Africa, Turkey, Philippines...many ghastly attacks in guarded areas. And Kashmir is essentially a war zone, Pakistan is a rogue state that sponsors terrorism in the valley. We block 9 attacks but the 10th one slips through...nothing fishy.

From where has Modi come into the picture? And how do you know who is Modi bhakt and who isn't? This is us backing CRPF, Army and the govt at a time of crisis. When a country faces a threat, natural for people to get behind their govt even if they don't like the ruling party. Americans irrespective of party line got behind Bush post 9/11, all Indians were behind MMS post 26/11 in anticipation of retaliation....you may dislike Modi but he is our leader atm. 

Him dragging in Modi for no reason is a big give away

8 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Erm dude you are the one who started the generalization game to start with.

Now hear few things out 

1) Both Marathas and Vijaynagar are adequately represented If you care to read the history books in India. Vijaynagar has 2-3 chapters exclusively dedicated to them in about all History course books I have read. Similarly Marathas feature heavily in later medieval India after their unification under Shivaji. In fact period from 1707 to 1857 is talked mostly with Marathas in mind .

Maybe read an actual book first?

I am talking about history curriculum atleast from my time. I have not read a government issued history  text book after my  10th standard which was in 1996-1997.

So 2 things here ,unless you are a BA/MA history student or if the curriculum has changed massively since my time to include topics about Vijay Nagar empire and other aforementioned  battles that we(Hindus) actually won against Portuguese and Mughals and not just battles which we lost ,my critique was on the  Indian history taught in schools  and not on Rajputs.

You come across as a history buff and probably know more about Rajput History and in no way it is  a  measuring contest. 

You seem to totally miss my point. My critique was not on Rajputs but what Indian history focuses on.

Rajputs had valor and we are proud of Prithvi Raj and Rana Pratap and Bappa Rawal the mainstream heroes. Absolutely!

At the same time most stories surrounding Rajputs have a tragic end and are about going out in a blaze of glory.

or there are Stories of deception with Rajputs at the receiving end  or Political alliance or working with the Mughals.

I keep harping on Mughals and Rajputs because atleast in my time guys like Qutubuddin Aibak and Tughlaq and other douchebags got more chapter time and  the focus was mostly on Mughals and British Empire.  

The Hindu Kingdom resistance was usually Rajputs and may be to a smaller extent the Marathas mainly Sivaji Maharaj. As I said earlier most stories told of Hindu Kings going in a blaze of glory rather than coming up on the winning side. Rajputs were also portrayed as Secular.

Maybe things have changed so massively in the last 20 years and kids have a much more refined and balanced education on Indian history. That’s a good thing.

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Is there anyway of removing her non democratically? 

The only people who can touch her are her own party members/security detail or Bengalis voting her out themselves. It's next to impossible for the Center to even dismiss her government, unless they can show that she is rigging elections. :facepalm:

How many Bollywood celebs, cricketers and peacenik activists have condemned Pakistan in their reactions? Unless they explicitly mentioned Pakistan or Islamic terror, can't take them seriously. And how's dara hua Naseer bhai doing? Is he sad that the suicide bomber's dead and he can't write a mercy petition to the President? Is he scared for his children? Does Kiran Rao want to leave India because of intolerance? Are the Muslim celebs ashamed of Islam, especially the ones who took part in the Hindustan/Devistan placards dharna? Swara Bhaskar, Kareena, Huma, Kashyap, Dadlani, Shruti Seth, Kabir Khan, Prakash Raj, Kamal Haasan sab theek hain?

Edited by Gollum

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am talking about history curriculum atleast from my time. I have not read a government issued history  text book after my  10th standard which was in 1996-1997.

So 2 things here ,unless you are a BA/MA history student or if the curriculum has changed massively since my time to include topics about Vijay Nagar empire and other aforementioned  battles that we(Hindus) actually won against Portuguese and Mughals and not just battles which we lost ,my critique was on the  Indian history taught in schools  and not on Rajputs.

You come across as a history buff and probably know more about Rajput History and in no way it is  a  measuring contest. 

You seem to totally miss my point. My critique was not on Rajputs but what Indian history focuses on.

Rajputs had valor and we are proud of Prithvi Raj and Rana Pratap and Bappa Rawal the mainstream heroes. Absolutely!

At the same time most stories surrounding Rajputs have a tragic end and are about going out in a blaze of glory.

or there are Stories of deception with Rajputs at the receiving end  or Political alliance or working with the Mughals.

I keep harping on Mughals and Rajputs because atleast in my time guys like Qutubuddin Aibak and Tughlaq and other douchebags got more chapter time and  the focus was mostly on Mughals and British Empire.  

The Hindu Kingdom resistance was usually Rajputs and may be to a smaller extent the Marathas mainly Sivaji Maharaj. As I said earlier most stories told of Hindu Kings going in a blaze of glory rather than coming up on the winning side. Rajputs were also portrayed as Secular.

Maybe things have changed so massively in the last 20 years and kids have a much more refined and balanced education on Indian history. That’s a good thing.

I don't know if history had any profound impact on schools (never had on me) unless if you happened to study it in depth post 10+2. Because when I did my schooling in an ICSE school, we had to memorize literally paragraphs from the text book word to word for exams. So it was basically extreme case of rote learning and never needed to understand what we were studying. And if we didn't understood what we studied, the impact would be minimal.

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

How many Bollywood celebs, cricketers and peacenik activists have condemned Pakistan in their reactions? Unless they explicitly mentioned Pakistan or Islamic terror, can't take them seriously. And how's dara hua Naseer bhai doing? Is he said that the suicide bomber dies and he can't write a mercy petition to the President? Is he scared for his children? Does Kiran Rao want to leave India because of intolerance? Are the Muslim celebs ashamed of Islam, especially the ones who used the Hindustan/Devistan placards dharna? Swara Bhaskar, Kareena, Huma, Kashyap, Dadlani, Shruti Seth, Kabir Khan, Prakash Raj, Kamal Haasan sab theek hain?

Except for Anurag Kashyap, all are ok.

I get very dark vibes from Anurag Kashyap.

23 minutes ago, maniac said:

@maniac Bhai Medieval India is covered under class 7th and 12th History books.

Older NCERTs(RS Sharma and Satish Chandra) were guilty of reducing our History to Delhi Sultans and Badshahs.

In the newer NCERTs though , they have taken a different approach. Instead of narrating a chronological political history of India , they have tried to focus more on socio economic cultural aspects and daily lives of common people coupled with more emphasis on art and culture.

This way we get to study a bit about  small regional kingdoms as well. Although the books are still Delhi centric but the biasness has gone down a bit comparatively.

In graduation though , you study about all the kingdoms and empires in detail. Even there too Ahoms and NE India are bit neglected but South India and esp Vijaynagar, Marathas and Deccan Sultans are described in detail.

PS: I'm not a history graduate but have read all BA/MA books because of the interest in the subject.