Modi may not be able to change india , but he is the right person to save us from Congress/Rahul !!!

velu

‘Hindi imposition driving Northeast languages to brink’

Imposition of Hindi has affected the languages of the Northeast, according to filmmakers from the region. Hindi is, in fact, obstructing the languages of the Northeast from going mainstream, henceforth leading to extinction, they said. Speaking to ...

“Most people in the Northeast speak Hindi. This is what is leading to the depletion of our native languages. People speaking the indigenous languages have been reduced to thousands from lakhs. So, if the domination continues, one day it will come dow...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/hindi-imposition-driving-720187.html

Millions are starving without a food and shelter, while our politicians are busy doing this. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

Millions are starving without a food and shelter, while our politicians are busy doing this. :lol: 

North east. I think no one even knew it existed prior to Modi. Go there and see the difference youself.

Forget olden days, even couple of years back, they disnt give a damn when Assamese Hindus were being butchered in Hyderbad and around. Simply because they were from North East. 

Till, Few years back, Mizo Nagas and Manipuris girls were molested without impunity  in streets of Delhi.

If I am to guess, not a single senior editor reporter of most major news dailes and channels have ever visited NE. Not just because of apathy, simply because of lack of transport.

Edited by mishra

15 hours ago, Lannister said:

Neither are a good option. It's best if we vote for regional parties and trust in their judgement.

I hope that doesn't mean vote for HDK types who then supports Baba and demands his pound of flesh, making it worse. In the overall scheme of things it may not be best for your state either. Not that I'd vote for Yeddyurappa if I were from his constituency.

Whenever I think of Karnataka & elections, I'm reminded that Ananth Kumar beating Nilekani is the tragedy we face in a democracy. 

14 hours ago, Lannister said:

A record number of soldiers have been killed under Modi's tenure. So it hardly matters who the defence minister is.

https://satp.org/satporgtp/countries/india/database/indiafatalities.htm

The death toll of soldiers has been lower as compared to stats during UPA years. How you came to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who the defense minister is? Some seriousness in defense procurement came only after Parrikar got the job. Who could forget the controversy on OROP? While previous DM A.K. Anthony gave this statement in 2014 & fast forward 5 months, they were suddenly showing so much concern over soldiers.

As a Kannadiga, we will decide what's best for us.

As a citizen of this country, you are free to cast your vote to anyone of your choice. The problem is Karnataka's regional leaders are happy to come along with people like Mamata Banerjee or Abdullah's. H.D.Devegowda doesn't even have a problem with Mamata Banerjee becoming PM of India. The current scenario in WB & Kashmir already signifies a lot, don't you think?

On 3/20/2019 at 4:09 AM, mishra said:

The day Congress can think of a leader who is not Gandhi/Nehuru bloodline or puppet to Gandhi/Nehuru bloodline, things they might be considered as part of democratic family.

If I am right, casulities of dydnatic rule include CBN, Mamata,Pawar,Patnaik,Sukhram, Sangma,Jogi, Vaasan, Reddy,Mufti khala

and yet the old congress fogies stick to the Gandhi family like Velcro,if they could divorce themselves from them they would be more liked but they are becoming irrelevant in the national scene.

What I find funny is these so-called language warriors is that they are so up in arms over Hindi imposition, yet they have no problem imposing English on the rest of us. As if Hindi has some singular ability to crowd out other languages. I remember some Lemurs were abusing Modi for not giving a speech in English, when he was speaking in Hindi, despite more Indians knowing Hindi as a language. Rather than advocating that Modi speaks in his mother tongue, these gungadeens had the gall to abuse him for not speaking English. This shows their cheap, hypocritical mentality. 

I wonder what will happen if we in Maharashtra start to support MNS or SS reverts to their old ways and start targeting anyone for refusing to learn Marathi.   

The only non-hypocritical language warrior I have seen was actually a Haryanvi, Sankrat Sanu, who advocates everyone learning in their mother tongues, but Lemurs seem to have as much an obsession with imposing English on the rest of us, as the so-called Hindi chauvanists. Very few of them actually care about everyone learning in their MTs. 

Edited by Moochad

On 3/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, G_B_ said:

pmk are facing the brunt from DMK in all seats contested. They also facing rebellion from within the vaniyar community.

The question should be will pmk be relevant enough post poll to give a **** about for any statement of theirs to matter.

Vanniyars vote bank is very loyal. Whatever fights within them, they never vote for DMK especially with VCK on their side. They will vote and will fight again after winning 

22 minutes ago, Moochad said:

What I find funny is these so-called language warriors is that they are so up in arms over Hindi imposition, yet they have no problem imposing English on the rest of us. As if Hindi has some singular ability to crowd out other languages. I remember some Lemurs were abusing Modi for not giving a speech in English, when he was speaking in Hindi, despite more Indians knowing Hindi as a language. Rather than advocating that Modi speaks in his mother tongue, these gungadeens had the gall to abuse him for not speaking English. This shows their cheap, hypocritical mentality. 

I wonder what will happen if we in Maharashtra start to support MNS or SS reverts to their old ways and start targeting anyone for refusing to learn Marathi.   

The only non-hypocritical language warrior I have seen was actually a Haryanvi, Sankrat Sanu, who advocates everyone learning in their mother tongues, but Lemurs seem to have as much an obsession with imposing English on the rest of us, as the so-called Hindi chauvanists. Very few of them actually care about everyone learning in their MTs. 

I'm from Rajasthan.

I'm all for speaking Tamil if that ensures a unity in India. 

My people aren't very bright when it comes to articulating and presenting our arguments but we sure would be ready to defend our country when the need arises.

Disgusted by some of the posts here.

33 minutes ago, Moochad said:

FFS,Tamils haven't learnt **** from the anti hindi movement by the dravdians. Tamils were left out of the globalisation boom in the 90s and are still scraping coconuts. I have personally seen the effect of not leaning hindi, many of the small-medium sector business men are only left with "feelings". Erode turmeric market is the best example.

1. Erode turmeric is one of the best in terms of quality. 

2. The turmeric commodity rate is literally decided by the erode traders all over India.

3. North India consumes turmeric exponentially higher than south. 

4. Enter Adithya group, in 90s. A gujju guy who has good trade contacts. Due to infighting among local traders he takes over the market and becomes the biggest trader. Starts Adithya masala group of companies. 

5. Local traders can't do jack because they fcking can't communicate with north customers. Nobody does business in sign languages. 

6. Adithya masala treats local traders like **** and takes away every last farmer from their side. 

7. Finally it took sakthi masala group, on the grounds of caste, smaks Adithya's ass and gives control back to local traders. Adithya is now bankrupt and ran back to Gujarat. 

8. It's too late now, the turmeric market is in every state as it took 3 decades to solve this mess :facepalm:

And nobody is imposing hindi. It's an imaginary complaint. 

2 hours ago, Moochad said:

What I find funny is these so-called language warriors is that they are so up in arms over Hindi imposition, yet they have no problem imposing English on the rest of us. As if Hindi has some singular ability to crowd out other languages. 

Even I want English to be the lingua franca of India. We on ICF come from different linguistic, cultural backgrounds but we all mostly communicate in English. And we have seen the advantages of knowing, understanding, speaking the language. Why should this extraordinary privilege be denied to rest of the country? I want every Indian to know the language, no need of full proficiency but a basic understanding.  

I remember some Lemurs were abusing Modi for not giving a speech in English, when he was speaking in Hindi, despite more Indians knowing Hindi as a language. Rather than advocating that Modi speaks in his mother tongue, these gungadeens had the gall to abuse him for not speaking English. This shows their cheap, hypocritical mentality. 

Lemurians will abuse Modi no matter what. If not Hindi they will find a new excuse to bash him, and these assholes are over represented in social media and activist groups. Doubt the normal Tamils feel the same way, every state has its share of assholes and Tamils are no different. You will be surprised to know the reasons put forth by certain bhadraloks to hate on Modi/BJP...and believe me those are actual seditious stuff, not harmless linguistic choices of PM Modi's speeches. 

I think we need to make an attempt to adopt a 3 language system. English and MT (proper MT as in Bhojpuri, Maithili, Magadhi rather than Hindi for Biharis, Marathi/Telugu/Bengali/Tamil/Kashmiri etc) because that is what will help in education. And a 3rd language which should even include foreign languages like Japanese, German, Portuguese etc.....East Asia and Europe will very soon face a demographic crisis and young Indians (esp from job starved states like UP, Bihar) can fill in the labour markets in those countries. Preferably Hindi as 3rd language for South/NE people and some other language for those from the Hindi belt. Knowing more languages is a huge benefit in the modern world, will also help in interconnecting the various states more efficiently. Most importantly it will help in getting jobs (both Indian and overseas markets), can't have a huge unemployed young population without risking collapse of the country. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, Detonator said:

FFS,Tamils haven't learnt **** from the anti hindi movement by the dravdians. Tamils were left out of the globalisation boom in the 90s and are still scraping coconuts. I have personally seen the effect of not leaning hindi, many of the small-medium sector business men are only left with "feelings". Erode turmeric market is the best example.

1. Erode turmeric is one of the best in terms of quality. 

2. The turmeric commodity rate is literally decided by the erode traders all over India.

3. North India consumes turmeric exponentially higher than south. 

4. Enter Adithya group, in 90s. A gujju guy who has good trade contacts. Due to infighting among local traders he takes over the market and becomes the biggest trader. Starts Adithya masala group of companies. 

5. Local traders can't do jack because they fcking can't communicate with north customers. Nobody does business in sign languages. 

6. Adithya masala treats local traders like **** and takes away every last farmer from their side. 

7. Finally it took sakthi masala group, on the grounds of caste, smaks Adithya's ass and gives control back to local traders. Adithya is now bankrupt and ran back to Gujarat. 

8. It's too late now, the turmeric market is in every state as it took 3 decades to solve this mess :facepalm:

And nobody is imposing hindi. It's an imaginary complaint. 

Thanks for the informative post. I have heard another large scale Tamil businessman express a similar sentiment on Tamil businesses being left behind on this front. I am sorry I don't remember the name. 

The issue isn't for me that Tamils have to learn Hindi or anyone else for that matter. If some Tamils choose to learn Hindi that is fine, if none do, that is fine as well.

The groups that try to ferment anti-national sentiments based on this are what bother me. If a random school in Tamil Nadu decides to teach Hindi, why exactly do some goons have a problem?

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Even I want English to be the lingua franca of India. We on ICF come from different linguistic, cultural backgrounds but we all mostly communicate in English.

The problem with the whole lingua franca debate is that noone can agree on which is supposed to be it. Congress party at the time of Independence took it for granted that some form of 'Hindi' would be our lingua franca, and there wasn't really support for English then. 

I personally would never support a foreign language as lingua franca of India. We have so many of our own, if necessary we can just pick one. I don't agree with the idea that we need a single lingua franca.

I certainly am not as well read or interested  in history as @Stradlater or @Tibarn, but from what I have read, we have had Sanskrit and Prakrit as lingua francas of inter-regional communication before, there is no reason we can't have something similar again.  I also have read that we are historically a nation of polyglots, where people know multiple languages. I think this can be the case again. The decline in polyglots in India is one of the big crimes of linguistic divisions of states, unnecessarily dividing the country on lines we aren't traditionally organized based. 

A link language of 'North' and some South Indian language as link language of 'South'  is doable. Someone in another thread before also proposed a link script for India, which could be even better than a link language.  

And we have seen the advantages of knowing, understanding, speaking the language. Why should this extraordinary privilege be denied to rest of the country? I want every Indian to know the language, no need of full proficiency but a basic understanding.  

I don't really agree with the benefits of English specifically. We have heard this for years, yet our economy has been left in the dust by countries with far less English speaking population. It is more of a canard. 

That is not to say that I am anti-English either. It is a good language and gives us access to knowledge written in that language as well. If people have the option to learn it and choose to, then it is fine by me. 

My problem comes from that it has been shown by a UN study that students learn best in their MTs, so we should enable more of this education on all levels in India.

During my medical education, it was apparent that the making of English as de facto medium of medical education was more of a benefit to certain people only, not to Indians in general. I am lucky that I grew up middle class, but all my batchmates were basically upper class and middle class people, often from families with historical wealth. It was rarer to find someone from humble or rural background make it in.  Even of those who qualify from Indian language-medium, many of them struggle when they get into Medical school due to their relative weakness in English language. Many in the physician community with whom I discuss these matters agree that this is a contributing factor to our shortage of physicians in India. 

When most of the talentpool of India speaks a single Indian language or speaks mostly Indian languages, then I think our higher education needs to facilitate these populations more than we do now.   

Edit:

Here is a paper which describes my view

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4117137/

Lemurians will abuse Modi no matter what. If not Hindi they will find a new excuse to bash him, and these assholes are over represented in social media and activist groups. Doubt the normal Tamils feel the same way, every state has its share of assholes and Tamils are no different. You will be surprised to know the reasons put forth by certain bhadraloks to hate on Modi/BJP...and believe me those are actual seditious stuff, not harmless linguistic choices of PM Modi's speeches. 

That is fair, but I was trying to expose the hypocrisy of these Lemurian politicians. They want to set states on fire for political expediency. I certainly don't think they represent a majority of Tamils or even a significant portion. I also don't mean that all Tamils are lemurians. 

I might be ignorant or naive, but I am hoping Bengalis are the same way where we get the bakwas filtered through bhadralok who occupy the space on TV and media, and that the common Bengali is still sane. 

I think we need to make an attempt to adopt a 3 language system. English and MT (proper MT as in Bhojpuri, Maithili, Magadhi rather than Hindi for Biharis, Marathi/Telugu/Bengali/Tamil/Kashmiri etc) because that is what will help in education. And a 3rd language which should even include foreign languages like Japanese, German, Portuguese etc.....East Asia and Europe will very soon face a demographic crisis and young Indians (esp from job starved states like UP, Bihar) can fill in the labour markets in those countries. Preferably Hindi as 3rd language for South/NE people and some other language for those from the Hindi belt. Knowing more languages is a huge benefit in the modern world, will also help in interconnecting the various states more efficiently. Most importantly it will help in getting jobs (both Indian and overseas markets), can't have a huge unemployed young population without risking collapse of the country. 

I agree with you that a three language formula is fine, but I think the goal should be to give students options on which they want to study.  Compulsory MT, and then give them a variety of Indian languages and an English option for them to learn. 

Edited by Moochad

8 hours ago, Stradlater said:

I'm from Rajasthan.

I'm all for speaking Tamil if that ensures a unity in India. 

My people aren't very bright when it comes to articulating and presenting our arguments but we sure would be ready to defend our country when the need arises.

Disgusted by some of the posts here.

I am similar. I love Marathi, but I don't mind any Indian language being the link language for the country. I am actually trying to learn some basic Malayalam right now, as I want to go on a temple run in Kerala soon and I  want to be able to mingle more easily with the local community there. 

Edited by Moochad

2 hours ago, dial_100 said:

I am in. I will try learn Tamil or Telugu just to honor my south friends. 

I speak/understand 4-5 north languages.  

I try to learn every labguage. Allthough I haave failed miserably , but I can use swaer words in way more languages then even learned PM Narshimha Rao :bow:

And i can swear in foreig languages too. Swahili french spanish, u name it :yess:

Its laughable to see the posters opposing the idea of regional parties, while silently rooting for them. What is BJP or Congress then, if not a glorified regional party? 

Suppose if we vote for Yediyurappa, do you think he will have the power to bring in the necessary change for the benefit of Karnataka people. No, that's decided by the party leaders, who have mostly come from a particular region and they come with their own agendas.

It's clear where Modi's loyalties lie from his pro-Hindi policies. This rat don't give a sh!t about other languages and culture, as long as his people get benefit out of it, and they are quick to label others anti-nationals. I am so looking forward to the upcoming elections. 

Let's send this mofo back to his tea stalls. 

What does language have to do in this? I know 3 languages & even though Hindi isn't my mother tongue I'm not biased against other languages, regions just because I know Hindi better. Language is at best a unifying force & shouldn't be given more weight than that, if you're looking to vote just based on dialect or languages then why don't we go back to partition & cull this nation into a 1000 pieces?

Vote on his policies & results, not what (language) he speaks in!

Edited by R!TTER

General day-to-day purpose language if you live in your home state should be your mother tongue, English for education and hindi as national language (sorry South indians your opposition to hindi sounds more out of insecurity than logic).

17 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

What does language have to do in this? I know 3 languages & even though Hindi isn't my mother tongue I'm not biased against other languages, regions just because I know Hindi better. Language is at best a unifying force & shouldn't be given more weight than that, if you're looking to vote just based on dialect or languages then why don't we go back to partition & cull this nation into a 1000 pieces?

Vote on his policies & results, not what (language) he speaks in!

Let's see, all central exams have an option to write in Hindi. So who will mostly benefit out of this scheme? 

Let's not even go there. Who the phuck are you to force others to learn Hindi. Do you think this is the reason why people voted for you? 

You see, other day when I was travelling in a train, I saw lot of poor Rajastanis cooking food on a railway platform here in Karnataka. It's obvious they have come looking for jobs here. So instead of focusing on these issues, our lauda politicians are busy imposing Hindi on others at the cost of local languages. It's only delusional if you think this is going to unite us.