World Idli Day

Gollum

13 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Sorry, not true. I know you guys like to pretend a lot, but you guys kiss up to us all the time everywhere i've seen. 

Like I mentioned, don't even get a footnote mention in our circles. Bongs who?

We've been nominated for one a million times more than your kaum. Except for higher education, engineering, health sciences - all the things that actually matter. Seems like we Bongs, Tamils, etc. gotta carry your weight around. Its ok. We do the smart people stuff, you guys do the fauji stuff. We are fine with that arrangement. 

Yet punjabis have more nobel prize winners in the sciences than Bongs who have a big fat zero.  Where's the list of Nobel prize winners which you keep mentioning?  WAS IT A BIG FAT LIE AND FABRICATION OF YOUR IMAGINATION AS ALWAYS. You go hide in that corner unless you bring the list of Bong nobel prize winners.  Otherwise, own up that you lied about it.

I listen to better music than the trash that passes for Punjabi mainstream music. Your folk songs are fine, but whatever plays on radio is just rip off of American hip-hop and worse made anyways. 

now now, don't be jealous. music is subjective... entire sub continent dance to the tunes of punjabi music.  bongs making comments on youtube, punjabis music is the best :hysterical:. Now on the other hand, Bengali music? What haven't even heard of it. Once again, another point for the the punjabis 

Like I said, we punjabis are blessed in every field and don't even mention Bongs :hysterical: Another figment of your imagination just like that huge  list of bong nobel prize winners 

Edited by PBN

12 minutes ago, nikred said:

Telugu....it's Telugu. Not telegu. emoji21.png

As far as I know, none of these are telugu inventions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Seriously ?

never knew that. 
it sounds a whole lot better in Bengali already ( Tel = oil. Tele = in the oil. Gu = poo. Telegu in bengali literally means poo in oil).

Sorry, my tongue is too numb from eating your 'Taliban killing, mountain-penetration' levels of mirchi in food to say 'u' and not 'e' 

:p:

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

Like I mentioned, don't even get a footnote mention in our circles. Bongs who?

Till we show up and you kiss our ar$e.

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

Yet punjabis have more nobel prize winners in the sciences than Bongs who have a big fat zero.  Where's the list of Nobel prize winners which you keep mentioning?  WAS IT A BIG FAT LIE AND FABRICATION OF YOUR IMAGINATION AS ALWAYS. You go hide in that corner unless you bring the list of Bong nobel prize winners.  Otherwise, own up that you lied about it.

I already said many moons ago i fecked up. But then again, grace is not a Punjabi quality. You guys have your nobel prize because you wern't the dudes in the 30s and 40s doing research but in the 70s and 80s, when white man started giving nobels to non white men far easier. We still out-rank you in nominations for science by a country mile. 

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

now now, don't be jealous. music is subjective... entire sub continent dance to the tunes of punjabi music. 

Err no. That is Punjabi fantasy, nothing more. Punjabi music is night club music - easy beats, easy tune for drunk and stoned people to follow. 

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

bongs making comments on youtube, punjabis music is the best :hysterical:. Now on the other hand, Bengali music? What haven't even heard of it. Once again, another point for the the punjabis 

Thats because Bengali music is a bit too complicated for simpletons who lift basic R&B tunes from America and put in Punjabi words and call it their music. Same reason you guys are MIA on carnatic music. 

7 minutes ago, PBN said:

Like I said, we punjabis are blessed in every field and don't even mention Bongs :hysterical: Another figment of your imagination just like that huge  list of bong nobel prize winners 

The only thing you guys are blessed with, is a thick enough skull to be our grunts in the frontlines and be farmers. For all the major stuff in India, the other states are carrying your weight. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Till we show up and you kiss our ar$e.

insecure much? let me repeat again, not even a footnote mention

I already said many moons ago i fecked up. But then again, grace is not a Punjabi quality. You guys have your nobel prize because you wern't the dudes in the 30s and 40s doing research but in the 70s and 80s, when white man started giving nobels to non white men far easier. We still out-rank you in nominations for science by a country mile. 

backtracking now eh?  I don't recall you mentioning you lied about it.  Always, ignored it.  Lmao, now discrediting nobel prize winners. Have some shame.  Let me repeat it again for you, Bongs have a grand total of ZERO  nobel prize winners in science which you kept on harping about.  Now moving onto mere nominations lol.  For the record, PUNJABIS HAVE MORE NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS in sciences than Bongs in case you missed it.

You're the one who brought up 'jealous'.  Just rubbing it in your face that Bongs have a grand total of zero nobel prize winners in the sciences...something which you 'thought' you had. 

Err no. That is Punjabi fantasy, nothing more. Punjabi music is night club music - easy beats, easy tune for drunk and stoned people to follow. 

Thats because Bengali music is a bit too complicated for simpletons who lift basic R&B tunes from America and put in Punjabi words and call it their music. Same reason you guys are MIA on carnatic music. 

haha, you don't even know the abc of the various genres of punjabi music.  Punjabi folk music alone has tens of different branches. Hip hop punjabi music is one of the genres..but where's Bong comparision. Oh wait, there isn't one. Once again, Punjabi music is well known throughout the sub continent and the world,whereas no one even mentions bengali music. Nada.  Again another point, punjabi music trumps bengali music.   It would be a travesty to compare punjabi music to bengali music.

Just for the record, the  SGGS is based on the classical indian music scales.

The only thing you guys are blessed with, is a thick enough skull to be our grunts in the frontlines and be farmers. For all the major stuff in India, the other states are carrying your weight. 

ooh hurting now eh?  Agriculture accounts for the major portion of bengal's workforce.  I wouldn't belittle common agriculture folks earning their through life.  But, going back to the main point remember those punjabi nobel prize winners in the sciences? Oh and how many does Bengal have for Punjabis to be jealous of them?  Oh yeah I recall,  A BIG FAT ZERO. Bengal's literacy rate is on par with punjab's lol and punjab's female literacy rate is actually slightly better. Punjabis have been blessed to have been at the  frontlines of multiple fields as mentioned before nobel prize winners, olympic medals, domination in cricket, hockey, sports, food, music, dance,literature, cinema, fashion, culture.  Punjab has had greater per capita GDP than Bengal for ages. 

Let's take cricket since this is a cricket forum, be it dominant sports of cricket or hockey. Once again Punjabis have nada to be of jealous of Bengalis.  It's a no contest...just to name a few : Virat Kohli, Bumrah, Gambhir, Dhawan, Yuvaraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Kapil Dev, Mohinder Amarnath, Navjot Sidhu, Bedi,etc  

We got all fields covered baby.  Punjabis will say Bongs who? forget about being jealous..that is the farthest thing a punjabi would ever feel and that too of fish munching midgets like yourself. :hysterical:

Edited by PBN

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

insecure much? let me repeat again, not even a footnote mention

Till we actually show up, as i said. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

backtracking now eh?  I don't recall you mentioning you lied about it.  Always, ignored it.  Lmao, now discrediting nobel prize winners. Have some shame.  Let me repeat it again for you, Bongs have a grand total of ZERO  nobel prize winners in science which you kept on harping about.  Now moving onto mere nominations lol.  For the record, PUNJABIS HAVE MORE NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS in sciences than Bongs in case you missed it.

No one is discrediting nobel prize winners. Comprehension is i guess not your forte. The only reason Punjabis have more nobel prize winners than Bongs in STEM, is because their nobel prize winners are 2 generation younger, when nobel committee strarted giving prizes to non white people. Duh. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

haha, you don't even know the abc of the various genres of punjabi music.  Punjabi folk music alone has tens of different branches.

So does folk music from every single corner of India. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

Hip hop punjabi music is one of the genres..but where's Bong comparision. Oh wait, there isn't one. Once again, Punjabi music is well known whereas no one even mentions bengali music.  Again, punjabis don't even get a whiff of bengali music to be jealous about it.  

Because we don't cater our music to pub culture. Same with the Tamils. We are happy with our harder to do music being on functions and such. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

Just for the record, the  SGGS is based on the classical indian music scales.

ooh hurting now eh?  Agriculture accounts for the major portion of bengal's workforce.  I wouldn't belittle common agriculture folks earning their through life. 

It accounts for major % in ALL Indian states. I didn't belittle them, again learn to read. I said THATS where Punjabis shine more than others, just like half of India shines in STEM more than Punjabis do. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

But, going back to the main point remember those punjabi nobel prize winners in the sciences? Oh and how many does Bengal have for Punjabis to be jealous of them?  Oh yeah I recall,  A BIG FAT ZERO. Bengal's literacy rate is on par with punjab's lol and punjab's female literacy rate is actually slightly better. Punjabis have been blessed to have been at the  frontlines of multiple fields as mentioned before nobel prize winners, olympic medals, domination in cricket, hockey, sports, food, music, dance,literature, cinema, fashion, culture.  Punjab has had greater per capita GDP than Bengal for ages. 

Your domination in food, music, dance, literature are all fantasies. 

Punjabis also dominate the field of being anti-Indian and biggest aggressors against India, too. 

4 minutes ago, PBN said:

We got all fields covered baby.  Punjabis will say Bongs who? forget about being jealous..that is the farthest thing a punjabi would ever feel and that too of fish munching midgets like yourself:hysterical:

This is why most of India thinks your lot are bumpkins. Racism is the most noticable amongst Punjabis as well and since its the universal mark of low intellect, its no surprise that Punjabis are the butt of intellect jokes in India. 

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Till we actually show up, as i said. 

why the eff would i kiss you ass? for being a bong?  lmao you do live in a fantasy.  I might be nice you being a stranger..after all, punjabis are known for having big hearts.  On the whole, it's who who is living in a fantasy.

No one is discrediting nobel prize winners.. The only reason Punjabis have more nobel prize winners than Bongs in STEM, is because their nobel prize winners are 2 generation younger, when nobel committee strarted giving prizes to non white people. Duh. 

Repeat after me.  Who has more Nobel prize winners in the sciences?  Punjabis !!

And how many do the Bongs have?  ZERO

Now let's go back to your original point where you're mentioning don't be jealous when comparing "Bong brain capacity".  You have the audacity to spew such racist crap first about Punjabis when IN FACT PUNJABIS HAVE MORE NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS IN THE SCIENCES THAN BONGS.  Oh let me correct it, there are big fat zero bengali nobel prize winners in the sciences which you had kept on repeating for eons and avoiding when called out for it.

So does folk music from every single corner of India. 

Because we don't cater our music to pub culture. Same with the Tamils. We are happy with our harder to do music being on functions and such. 

Showing you the complexities of punjabi music which you denied earlier.  Punjabi marriage song alone have multiple varieties let alone the entire field of punjabi music. 

Why do you always require the need the help of Tamils and others?

It accounts for major % in ALL Indian states. I didn't belittle them, again learn to read. I said THATS where Punjabis shine more than others, just like half of India shines in STEM more than Punjabis do. 

backtracking again. nice try but try again.

Your domination in food, music, dance, literature are all fantasies. 

Once again, punjabis have nothing to be jealous of others in these fields either. I wouldn't go far as belittling other regions like you for sure but Punjabis can hold their own in these fields and much more.   The fantasy is that you think punjabis would be jealous of Bengalis.

Punjabis also dominate the field of being anti-Indian and biggest aggressors against India, too. 

Try again. All the current armed forces are led by Punjabis at this moment as well.  Bongs oh wait..... are literally setting up shop for millions of illegal bangladeshis to enter India. There's a leader named 'jihadi did' by your own lot here.

This is why most of India thinks your lot are bumpkins. Racism is the most noticable amongst Punjabis as well and since its the universal mark of low intellect, its no surprise that Punjabis are the butt of intellect jokes in India. 

Jokes were nothing but a smear campaign. 12 o'clock joke?  Well, truth is sikhs used to rescue hindu girls at night from the oppressors. Try again. But let's go back to the brain power....who has more nobel prize winners in the sciences than the Bengalis. Let me hear you .....

Yeah said it on purpose with a heavy heart to bring out your hypocrisy, when you spew racist crap about brain power, thick skulls, that's nothing right? I will even apologize from my side to the average person who who's being clubbed together and dished out as collateral damage but had to bring out your hypocrisy.  And yet you fantasize t that Punjabis kiss up to bengalis? lmao

Let me hear it again, who has more nobel prize winners in the sciences than the Bengalis. Let me hear you .....   Where's your list of Bengali nobel prize winners in the sciences... EMPTY

Brain Power lol...before it was quoting how many Bengalis have won Nobel Prizes in the sciences. Let me know when 'your' Bengalis win one Nobel prize in the sciences let alone catch up to the tally of the Punjabis.  Till then, guess punjabis have the bragging rights over bengalis in the 'brain power' measure. Come again

Even on this forum, there is a thread called ' is bengal becoming pakistan"? You probably have a little introspection to do yourself first.

Anyways, no need for to gloat over the achievements of the past greats who have actually done great work in their fields whichever region they're from.  Just pointing out the irony and hypocrisy of your racist remarks when in your earlier posts, the "brain power"measuring yardstick was the number of Nobel prize winners in the sciences when in fact there are zero Bengalis there and Punjabis have ACTUALLY won Nobel prizes in the sciences.

OH THE F*CKING IRONY......

Try again.

Edited by PBN

13 hours ago, jusarrived said:

You don’t mind coconut in your chutney ? 

We don’t abuse coconuts and bananas like mallus do lol ,  but I understand some may not like the taste if you are not used to it . 

Not much of a chutney person. Even with the Idlis, I prefer the Sambar.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Mulo...why do you derail all food threads?

Mulo didn't start the digression here, waise bhi ek haath se taali nahi bajti.

I propose a separate sticky mega fight thread where interested posters can get personal, argue, insult, abuse and trade blows, take out their bhadas, other ICFers can join the spectacle if they want to. These verbal scuffles are getting more common and irritating of late across sub-forums/threads.

Once you make this arrangement rest of the forum can remain clutter free whilst also upholding ICF's time-tested policy of FOE and minimum moderation. If the parties bring their fight game to other threads take strict action. 

PS: Serious proposal, please consider it. You guys asked for suggestions, policy changes etc, here's mine.

@Cricketics @Trichromatic @jalebi_bhai

Edited by Gollum

7 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Idli is my preferred breakfast. :icflove: I like Poori but I have it only occasionally as its not good for health because its drenched in oil. 

forgot puri with potato sagu ( south indian style ) .. 

i like that for breakfast , but avoid because of oil .. 

On 3/30/2019 at 8:56 PM, Mariyam said:

Right.

I meant the Western coast of India; ie Malabar area and Konkan tend to go overboard with coconut.

You guys tend to douse stuff with mustard, on the other hand. :p:

yes. mustard is king with fish. It is known. 

On 3/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, PBN said:

mulo might have a heart attack if his kids end up mingling with  punjabis.  beware, you do live in that part of the world

:hysterical:

As long as those Punjabi are not the few Pakistani payroll funded Canadian Gurdwara that supports terrorists, or racists, i am A-ok with Punjabis. 

On 3/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, velu said:

we use the same batter for preparing this ..  separate pan for preparing this paniyaram ..

add little oil , pour batter and fry it ..  tastier than idly 

id-p7pitsd-ideal-original-imaeymap4tpgrj

I was gifted this 'bartan 'by someone

I don't know how to make this....but I put tea lights in holes and use it for diwali decor...:p: