CWC 2019 Match 6 | England Vs Pakistan| Trentbridge| June 3, 2019 | Match thread

2 minutes ago, Asim said:

Pak vs Eng series actually did few goods (which obv didn't reflected in 1st match)

Pak regularly scored big, 340+ etc, got used-too with conditions... but were just coming short only few runs... which was more bcz of bowling+fielding issues...

For bowling almost 2nd tier/young players were given preference to test their capacity however gamble didn't seemed workingand and their performance looked below avg-expected level of Amir+Wahab, so called them back in last moment... Still Shahin and Husnain might get few matches... but this squad gives more depth in batting too...

though obv still areas to improve... (fielding at top which might remain <= same) but a v good confidence booster victory...

Agree with everything except they were not second string. Amir was not exactly part of the plan so was Wahab. Both were panic selection after sound thrashing. Wahab still went for 82 runs.  Shadab was the only one who was always part of the scheme.

8 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Yup its completely opposite of 2011 in this WC for us .

In 2011 or I should rather say there was a period of 4-5 years where I always wanted India to chase and I believed we could chase anything ,nowadays I sh1t my pants even when chasing 280 lol .

Bowling is our forte in this WC 

That’s why I say that luck and kaptaan fool can play a big part in this. I hope they make the right decisions. 

25 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

This match comes off as a warning to India that the match against Pakistan will not be confirmed victory for them as the fans are expecting. Pakistan is definitely going to give Kohlis men a fight and knowing Kohlis goody goody behaviour with the Pakistanis he might as well become the first Indian Captain to lose a WC Match against Pakistan , as if the humiliation of CT finals wasn't enough Kohli and India might have to endure much worse than that if their preparation is not upto mark. 

Kohli is waiting to win toss and invite pak to bat us out of the game again

This moron will do anything to amuse green fans,bhangra with Hasan Ali also can't be ruled out,he is that kind of pathetic fake brat

1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

Overrated. Eng media and some of Indian too wants us to believe that they are playing 11 Bradmans in their team. They will regularly score 500 and chase 350 in 40 overs...I say ..STFU

England will struggle to reach to semis

Australia

Nz

pakistan

West Indies /England

Although it was a bad call on Morgan's part to let Pak bat first,but i was quite surprised to not see bouncers attempted on Pak batsmen when you already have the services of two of the fastest men playing this wc in your side,what made them stop trying those on pakistanis,

You need to try those variations as well,Jofra was off the boil today, wasn't at his steaming best

It was not their day ,but it made Pakistan's day

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Although it was a bad call on Morgan's part to let Pak bat first,but i was quite surprised to not see bouncers attempted on Pak batsmen when you already have the services of two of the fastest men playing this wc in your side,what made them stop trying those on pakistanis,

You need to try those variations as well,Jofra was off the boil today, wasn't at his steaming best

Eng did not play to its potential and paid the price. In the end, did well though to come close to the total 

Archer is not over rated but there were some indications that he can go for runs with some application by batsmen in death overs. I did not watch England bowl but wouldn't be surprised if he was bad at death overs.

Edited by Pollack
1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Archer is not over rated but there were some indications that he can go for runs with some application by batsmen. I did not watch England bowl but wouldn't be surprised if he was bad at death overs.

And to think none of the pakistani batsmen have faced him before i think.

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

They bowled. But this is not the same pitch. Ball was nicely sitting up. Also Hasan Ali and Amir bowled better bouncers than these guys. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Eng did not play to its potential and paid the price. In the end, did well though to come close to the total 

Yes ,i think they did very well to avoid a heavy defeat here,at best they didn't let their nrr fall steeply

Let's see how they do with the ball next

But Eng got a well timed scare,now they can look after their weakness going forward

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Yes ,i think they did very well to avoid a heavy defeat here,at best they didn't let their nrr fall steeply

Let's see how they do with the ball next

But Eng got a well timed scare,now they can look after their weakness going forward

Yeah, always good to get bad games out of the way early. We know it is hard to win 11 games in a row unless you are an ATG side like Aus or WI 

10 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli is waiting to win toss and invite pak to bat us out of the game again

This moron will do anything to amuse green fans,bhangra with Hasan Ali also can't be ruled out,he is that kind of pathetic fake brat

Why don't u guys for once admit, that

i. that no-ball did cost ind Big + few lucky moments helped Pak to score a bit above par (there was nothing wrong putting Pak in from ind point of view)

ii. that was pure power-performance by Pak bowlers (esp Amir) who stepped-up their game big time and obv that could've happened in 1st inng too... there was nothing wrong with wicket to chase big score... (even pandya somewhat proved that)

iii. Most imp factor: ind couldn't handle the pressure created by themselves; their media, team, ex-players, fans, none of them was giving Pak even 10% of chances that day which was obv not fair, though ind definetly had better chances but more like 65:35 not 95:5 what whole ind was thinking...