Zimbabwe deserved to play ahead of Afghanistan in worldcup.

6 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

You obviously didn't see it in 1975 if you think guys like Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Denis Lillie, Rod  Marsh etc etc etc etc didn't care much about it :facepalm:

Maybe West Indies, Aus did but teams like India itself was minnow in 1983 and going into worldcup no one imagined they can win it. I think i have heard this from multiple players from past interviews that they cared test cricket than anything else.

2 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Much better side ? Than who ? Not Scotland , they tied their game after the President of Zimbabwe commandeered the Scottish plane , made them wait 8 hours at the airport then allowed them to travel arriving just before match instead of night before . Zimbabwe were also beaten prior to world cup qualifiers by Scotland and of course Scotland have beaten the favourites and no 1 team England since , so they are not much better  than Scotland 

btw are you from scotland? :phehe:

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

btw are you from scotland? :phehe:

Where I come from is irrelevant , just pointing out a few facts to you . Learning is a great thing it stops you looking stupid next time you decide to post something you think factually true but infact just not true at all 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

Has Zimbabwe beaten England recently in ODI ?

I think you are right btw but it should have been a  more team tournamount . 

I am not really sure 9 games 9 defeats will do Afghanistan good instead of a tight group of 4 and a real chance to process one stage further . Only Afghanistan management could answer that one 

Spot on you needed to add more teams and make them into groups.

I think one thing Afghanistan can improve on is fielding. Have been abysmal. Some of their cricket in regards to this has been club cricket level. 

I see shades of Pakistan in them. Lots of talent. But poor temperament. 

36 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you mean Ind/SL/Carib/Pak expats in US have just gained ODI status.

Let me remind you again, and you being in Canada should have known this, it wasn't the land of "goras". 

If you think Americans means only Gora, then you need to read the history. Their ancestors all came from other places.

USA u19 team is full of kids born in USA. Of course, you can't expect current team to employ all the young kids as Cricket did not gain popularity here until this recent decade. Future teams will have all the expat kids which were born in United States. I am talking about team from 5-6 years from now. For now, you will have to have most expats. Thats how it is. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Let me remind you again, and you being in Canada should have known this, it wasn't the land of "goras". 

If you think Americans means only Gora, then you need to read the history. Their ancestors all came from other places.

USA u19 team is full of kids born in USA. Of course, you can't expect current team to employ all the young kids as Cricket did not gain popularity here until this recent decade. Future teams will have all the expat kids which were born in United States. I am talking about team from 5-6 years from now. For now, you will have to have most expats. Thats how it is. 

It’s not black, white or brown. It’s about how many first generation immigrants in the team. If someone is born and brought up there for example Moeen Ali or Adil Rashid or Hashim Amla or Khwaja or Bopara or Monty no one makes fun of that.

20 hours ago, zen said:

SL, Pak, and SA are playing poorly too. AFG is yet to play Pak, which it beat in warm-ups .... Teams like AFG are not expected to set the WC on fire. They are filling the quota of minor teams that play in such events 

I dont think we will see a afgan win vs pak. Had their match been in the beginin of the tournament, we might have had an afgan win but afgan at this point in time is demoralized.

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

yeah thanks for the lesson on history, no but if its only south asians and carib people that form 2-4% of the population its not good enough for cricket, cricket needs to be on TV free and available for viewing - schools need to be encouraged to take it up, till then its an expat sport. This is entirely based on current facts. 

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah thanks for the lesson on history, no but if its only south asians and carib people that form 2-4% of the population its not good enough for cricket, cricket needs to be on TV free and available for viewing - schools need to be encouraged to take it up, till then its an expat sport. This is entirely based on current facts. 

Lol cricket is not even free to air here in the UK so don’t know what you’re talking about