INDIA v ENGLAND ¦ 15:00 IST ¦ JUNE 30 2019 ¦ EDGBASTON, BIRMINGHAM ¦ ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019

9 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Lol.. Pretty close guess...

42 of 31 and remains unbeaten... when they look at the scorecard, people will be like he tried hard struck at 120+ and stayed till the end :rotfl:

7 minutes ago, velu said:

dhoni - second highest strike rate  :ahaa:

Exactly what I was expecting :hehe:

5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Had it not been Pandya ,pant they would have succumbed under 300

True ,imagine jhadav coming in at 140/2 ,then dhoni at 198/3 ,India would have struggled to reach even 270 playing their full quota lol, such a bad state!

Just now, NameGoesHere said:

Breaking:  In a charged press conference England Captain Eoin Morgan has credited advice from MS Dhoni for their team's win over India.  "Dhoni bhai told me to get my bowlers to bowl well. Also while batting, to wait to hit the bad balls", an emotional Morgan told journalists.

:hysterical:

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

By the way, can someone clarify whether there is a (very slim) possibility for us to be booted out of the WC league stage? I'm guessing that it's mathematically possible

Yes, if we lose to both srl and bang ,but we have to lose very badly ,around 100+ run in each match ,then Pakistan can take over provided they too win comfortably against Bangladesh.

Mathematically possible but in reality impossible, we've qualified ,be assured !

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

By the way, can someone clarify whether there is a (very slim) possibility for us to be booted out of the WC league stage? I'm guessing that it's mathematically possible

mathematically possible , but realistically very very difficult  

Just now, velu said:

mathematically possible , but realistically very very difficult  

Just now, Adi BB said:

Yes, if we lose to both srl and bang ,but we have to lose very badly ,around 100+ run in each match ,then Pakistan can take over provided they too win comfortably against Bangladesh.

Mathematically possible but in reality impossible, we've qualified ,be assured !

Thanks for the clarification, guys!

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Lol at people blaming Shami, who took five wickets and stopped England from raking up 380. 

Pitch had no demons. Rashid Bhai got away with just below 7 economy rate. This is crap batting from India. It was a good score for this pitch. Maybe we gave 10-12 runs more courtesy Shami in death overs.  But we lost by 30 runs?? Idiots blaming Shami to hide thala, Jadhav and even Rohit and Kohli's over conservative approach. You don't chase 336 like that. It's never gonna work. Need to go at healthy rate from the start of not all guns blazing.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I have the same question. The toygers look very capable of beating us. SL looks weak but beat us in CT2017 so you never know.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

He is right though. Dhoni is past it but still scored at a SR of 130+. The fat cats in the top order who are supposedly in their prime scored 28/1 in the first 10 overs deserve much more criticism.

True but it was difficult to bat in the initial overs with the two paced nature of the wkt and the hard new ball .