Mission Mangal

vvvslaxman

13 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

It was a hit because it was released on long weekend with hardly any film to give competition.

It had competition from batla house. Last year, Akshay's Gold came second to John's Satyamev Jayate. This year Akshay takes the lead.

Ok some of my friends watched the movie yesterday  and it seems the twitter talk I saw are mostly true. Standard appeasement tactic by Bhaiwood...AK is just another opportunist, Vidya Balan was always like that and she had finalized her role as Kamala Das in that Mollywood biopic (Aami), before criticism by Hindus made her leave that project.

Vidya's son Islamized, willing to convert but the dad is an intolerant Hindutva bigot cos he got concerned on seeing his son reading Quran, disrespecting Ganesh, using Islamic phrases etc. And the part about intolerant Hindus refusing to give the Muslim scientist accommodation, the usual veg/non-veg crap etc are true. Standard Bollywood stuff.

Ok some of my friends watched the movie yesterday  and it seems the twitter talk I saw are mostly true. Standard appeasement tactic by Bhaiwood...AK is just another opportunist, Vidya Balan was always like that and she had finalized her role as Kamala Das in that Mollywood biopic (Aami), before criticism by Hindus made her leave that project.

Vidya's son Islamized, willing to convert but the dad is an intolerant Hindutva bigot cos he got concerned on seeing his son reading Quran, disrespecting Ganesh, using Islamic phrases etc. And the part about intolerant Hindus refusing to give the Muslim scientist accommodation, the usual veg/non-veg crap etc are true. Standard Bollywood stuff.
So the movie had some other mission?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Apt description of the movie. 

I saw the movie yesterday, I would say it was decent and nothing more for Indian standards and Indian audience ,although the end of the movie was gripping !

The movie hardly had any substance, the plot revolved around trivial issues ,especially the Muslim appeasement made me puke , typical demonizing of Indian rituals ,beliefs,gods ,how only the hard working ladies made the mission possible (others were useless lol) and how they battled their house problems to make this mission a reality.

The film focused too much on these issues rather than going into the science and the core of the making of the mission .

Basically it was a perfect blend for the typical chewt Indian public who want to watch these things than go into the science of it .

3 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

Take time out to watch AK's last Independence day release 'Gold' the sucking up he did to Muslims and Pakistanis in this movie is at another level. Didn't bother to watch his new releases since then. He is yearning for acceptenc in his wife's sickular/libetard circle.

True but I liked the movie gold as a "whole" 

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

.What's the point of cramming this pseudo secularist liberal propaganda down people's throats in a movie about  space mission ? I wanted to watch this movie(despite knowing it will be typical Bollywood masala) but now I dont want to as I dont want to pay money to be lectured by these Bollywood idiots.

Edited by kubrickian

I welcome if Muslim scientists are shown, hell Kalam was and is an inspiration to all of us and like him many Muslims must be doing stellar work in ISRO, DRDO, BARC, IGCAR etc. Role models they are. But why not focus on the mission instead of all the moral posturing and virtue signaling? Is it necessary to show some of the Hindu customs in bad light and make the son of the leading female scientist convert to Islam? What link does that have with the central theme, I just don't get it. Accommodation may be a problem elsewhere but in ISRO, seriously? All these places have their own acco for employees and this is never a problem...in fact in isolated places like Sriharikota they go the extra mile to ensure all the employees have acco within their campus, and these are top scientists involved in a major project we are talking about. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, adi B said:

Apt description of the movie. 

I saw the movie yesterday, I would say it was decent and nothing more for Indian standards and Indian audience ,although the end of the movie was gripping !

The movie hardly had any substance, the plot revolved around trivial issues ,especially the Muslim appeasement made me puke , typical demonizing of Indian rituals ,beliefs,gods ,how only the hard working ladies made the mission possible (others were useless lol) and how they battled their house problems to make this mission a reality.

The film focused too much on these issues rather than going into the science and the core of the making of the mission .

Basically it was a perfect blend for the typical chewt Indian public who want to watch these things than go into the science of it .

Are you serious?

You want to watch a movie that goes into the science of an interplanetary mission?

Why not just watch a documentary?

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Are you serious?

You want to watch a movie that goes into the science of an interplanetary mission?

Why not just watch a documentary?

Good idea.. lets boycott chewt bollywood films like this whose sole purpose is Hindu bashing and watch documentaries. Atleast kuch seekhne ko to milega.