Huge protest in London on Independence day for Article 370 - My story

Austin 3:!6

5 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I went to the Indian embassy in Aldwich for customary flag hoisting and function like I do every year. But the situation turned ugly this time and I have never experienced anything like it anywhere. Central London looked like a war zone and police needed to use tear gas/firing in the air to disperse the mobs.

The Indians who gathered there would not be more than 50 people (at max) and mostly consists of women, children and old retired uncles. Kids were all dressed up to perform patrotic dance after the flag hoisting ceremony. All in all a very harmless, family oriented...kids centric programme.

Atleast 20000 protestors pounced on them protesting about Kashmir, Khalistan etc. Apart from chanting all offensive slogans about India, Modi etc....they have surrounded that small Indian contingent and started throwing eggs, water bottles, coke bottles, rotten apples etc. One elderly uncle (surely in his 70s) got hurt very bad when a water bottle filled with water hit his eyes.

The situation got so violent that entire central London (especially city of London area) needs to be shut down, police had to fire in the air, tear gas were shot. Harmless kids and women who came for a family event had to run for cover.

Later I found out that Mayor of London Sadiq Khan had agreed and organized this protest. It was such a shameful thing to witness.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So you're a UK citizen. You have either left India or were born in the UK. Yet you still celebrate Indian independence in the country which India gained independence from.

Great logic and patriotism to your country!

see fundamentally people have the right to protest in the UK peacefully. I suspect what happened is that the police force underestimated the situation. Otherwise there would have been blocks put up and a cordon set up.

The thing to learn from this is that the ISI are very organised in terms of protests in the UK. I am sure British intelligence agencies have taken note.

14 hours ago, Ranvir said:

So you're a UK citizen. You have either left India or were born in the UK. Yet you still celebrate Indian independence in the country which India gained independence from.

Great logic and patriotism to your country!

Bhai yeh kaisa logic hai? As an Indian we should proudly celebrate independence day irrespective of the country we reside. American's celebrate 4th July here every year, Pakistanis celebrate 14th Aug as well.  I don't think many Indians hold grudge towards Britain for what happened 70 odd years ago. We have much nastier countries to worry about.

19 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Don't worry, the UK will be irrelevant in a few years. 

Once we exit EU without a deal, other vulture nations will pick off what they like in trade deals.

not 100% sure .. finance industry might move of london based on the brexit deal .. 

finance industry brings lot of revenue to London 

2 hours ago, velu said:

not 100% sure .. finance industry might move of london based on the brexit deal .. 

finance industry brings lot of revenue to London 

Financial services alone can't support a country. How many people could possibly work in the financial sector?

Greater imbalance in wealth will take place. On a positive note, hopefully that brings the revolution closer :)

43 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Financial services alone can't support a country. How many people could possibly work in the financial sector?

Greater imbalance in wealth will take place. On a positive note, hopefully that brings the revolution closer :)

Don't care about UK ..

If you guys try any sort of revolution in India , we will find you and we will gill you :whack:

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Bhai yeh kaisa logic hai? As an Indian we should proudly celebrate independence day irrespective of the country we reside. American's celebrate 4th July here every year, Pakistanis celebrate 14th Aug as well.  I don't think many Indians hold grudge towards Britain for what happened 70 odd years ago. We have much nastier countries to worry about.

The Americans might celebrate 4th of July but they will not make a big fuss of it here in the UK. It's called being tactful. It's different to celebrate Indian independence in America than here in the UK. The Indians at my workplace brought in Samosas which was unnecessary.

I'm guessing that you are a UK citizen now as you said that you have been going to these celebrations for many years. So what exactly is the good thing about Indian independence for you if your dream was to live in the UK?

8 hours ago, Ranvir said:

The Americans might celebrate 4th of July but they will not make a big fuss of it here in the UK. It's called being tactful. It's different to celebrate Indian independence in America than here in the UK. The Indians at my workplace brought in Samosas which was unnecessary.

I'm guessing that you are a UK citizen now as you said that you have been going to these celebrations for many years. So what exactly is the good thing about Indian independence for you if your dream was to live in the UK?

Chill man, just a way to connect to one's roots like cricket and movies, more like a get together and food, cultural activities etc...I doubt there is any malice. OP said 50 people attended the gathering, how many Indian origin Brits are there? How is it a big fuss? Nothing treasonous either, if you set aside a few days out of the year in these kind of events that is fine, OP isn't shouting 'India India' all year and putting down his new country. If India-UK relations were hostile you would have a point. But the relations are great at nearly every level, India is still part of Commonwealth group of nations (voluntarily), our people have never harmed UK, we dig Brit culture (incl the royalty :laugh:), speak common language, model citizens everywhere (caveat: only outside India) etc. 

If you don't agree with previous para  both countries have shared history and I-day is to mark the end of colonialism, an evil practice which even right thinking Brits and other Europeans disapprove of. So in an ideal world even Brits should join in the celebrations :p:, no matter what anyone says colonialism was a dark chapter (morally) in European history. Brits lost the moral right to rule us post the end of WW-II, freedom struggle was long drawn, full of sufferings and vitally a non-violent movement which should be remembered. I-day of India is a great day to cherish and an example for humanity because our forefathers did it by following ahimsa (for most parts) against brutal colonial state machinery, a feat unprecedented then. Not saying it out of hyper-nationalism or something, just that our independence movement was so different and morally/ethically a cut above similar movements elsewhere. 

Edited by Gollum

Like I said countless times before, Pakistanis in UK are mostly inbreds therefore it is expected of them to behave in this animalistic manner. 

Most of them are products of first cousin marriages therefore it isn't surprising to see topping the charts whether when it comes to grooming scandals or gang businesses. 

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Chill man, just a way to connect to one's roots like cricket and movies, more like a get together and food, cultural activities etc...I doubt there is any malice. OP said 50 people attended the gathering, how many Indian origin Brits are there? How is it a big fuss? Nothing treasonous either, if you set aside a few days out of the year in these kind of events that is fine, OP isn't shouting 'India India' all year and putting down his new country. If India-UK relations were hostile you would have a point. But the relations are great at nearly every level, India is still part of Commonwealth group of nations (voluntarily), our people have never harmed UK, we dig Brit culture (incl the royalty :laugh:), speak common language, model citizens everywhere (caveat: only outside India) etc. 

If you don't agree with previous para  both countries have shared history and I-day is to mark the end of colonialism, an evil practice which even right thinking Brits and other Europeans disapprove of. So in an ideal world even Brits should join in the celebrations :p:, no matter what anyone says colonialism was a dark chapter (morally) in European history. Brits lost the moral right to rule us post the end of WW-II, freedom struggle was long drawn, full of sufferings and vitally a non-violent movement which should be remembered. I-day of India is a great day to cherish and an example for humanity because our forefathers did it by following ahimsa (for most parts) against brutal colonial state machinery, a feat unprecedented then. Not saying it out of hyper-nationalism or something, just that our independence movement was so different and morally/ethically a cut above similar movements elsewhere. 

Ahimsa requires nerves of steel, our natural state is to react but ahimsa is about doing things in smooth flow with minimum harm possible. 

On Sep 27   Sep 22 when Modi will address the Indian Diaspora of 50000 - right in the Pakeee Terrorist Hub of Houston. 

I dare the MoFos to come out and challenge the Indians there.  Watch them getting pumelled like they got during the WC by the hunky Afghans !

Maa Beheney - yaad dilwa denge.  Houston does not have any phucking Sajid Khan to support them.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/howdy-modi-event-in-houston-sold-out-over-50000-people-register/articleshow/70770550.cms

Edited by BlackMamba