Greta, the great!

coffee_rules

I personally believe we should do more for the climate. But the last thing it needs is this preachy depressive girl.

(a) first and foremost have less kids. One more human added to the world means a strain on resources. Be responsible. Hum do hamare do is the ideal way forward imo

(b) Travel locally for holidays if possible. A jet set lifestyle is not carbon friendly. (something which i myself fail to do as we do take 3-4 short haul flights a year)

(c) Try to walk or cycle to work or use public transport if feasible.

(d) Consume less by buying less and using what you have for longer. I notice in the young especially there seems to be a trend of fast fashion. Cheap items which are low on quality and are ready to be thrown away in less than a year as they wear out. In the past people used to hang onto clothes for 4-5 years. People changing electronics all the time. 

(e) Ethical food policy. Red meat needs a lot of water. Aim to switch to meats like chicken etc and have more veggies. This also means eating foods which are local. Fatter the person, more of an environmental load he/she is.

(f) Heating and cooling. If its cold outside wear a sweater in the house and turn down that thermostat. 

If everybody follows these guidelines I suspect things will be much better. Its just common sense. However it must also be said if people in west stop consuming many in the developing world will be out of a job. This is where the problem gets tricky....

On 9/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, G_B_ said:

She looks like that girl from adams family

Wednesday i think her name was in the cartoon

I think she is the malala on climate change

exactly an other malala..

left and its social engineering, they have the combined rights middle finger..

On 9/24/2019 at 4:07 PM, coffee_rules said:

O Boy! CC needs to be championed by scientists, not to be used by politics. Now joyrnos from Al jazeera are tearing into this, to disrupt mainly.

It's been championed by scientists for years, but RWers have decided they've had enough of experts. Some guy in mother's basement on Youtube knows real science, so they get their scientific news from there now.

The craziest thing about this is how triggered RWers get by the mention of Greta. Really exposes some serious insecurities. "How dare a young girl tell me what to do"

25 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

It's been championed by scientists for years, but RWers have decided they've had enough of experts. Some guy in mother's basement on Youtube knows real science, so they get their scientific news from there now.

not disagreeing with CC .. but this looks like a failed social experiment .. hope left wing doesn't hijack CC 

Image result for greta

27 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

The craziest thing about this is how triggered RWers get by the mention of Greta. Really exposes some serious insecurities. "How dare a young girl tell me what to do"

craziest thing here is a left winger commenting about how RW gets triggered :p: 

37 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Many people consider using children as political pawns in a divisive political issue as exploiting children 

14 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Many people consider using children as political pawns in a divisive political issue as exploiting children 

It would be. But are you suggesting that is what's happening here? Because she chose to campaign against CC on her own volition.

Some people would consider grown adults attacking a young girl with no evidence of what they claim to be pathetic little eunuchs.

27 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

It would be. But are you suggesting that is what's happening here? Because she chose to campaign against CC on her own volition.

Some people would consider grown adults attacking a young girl with no evidence of what they claim to be pathetic little eunuchs.

Lol. She didn’t just mic bomb the UN, she was given the platform by politicians. 

36 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Free will is not an option for kids, hence sex with consenting kids is still a heinous crime. What the left is doing with this depressed kid is akin to that crime. 

What the heck is RW / LW? 

Let's not copy every term which originates from West. It's more of a conflict between Realism and Idealism.

Idealistic people need to understand the issues in real world and Realistic people need to understand that slowly and slowly we need to move towards the idealistic way of life.

22 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Free will is not an option for kids, hence sex with consenting kids is still a heinous crime. What the left is doing with this depressed kid is akin to that crime. 

So worrying about the climate is only a left thing?

Being concerned for future generations seems to be a left thing to do? 

capture.png

Quit the faux outrage about her being abused by "the left". You have no consideration for her or anyone elses welfare

22 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Lol. She didn’t just mic bomb the UN, she was given the platform by politicians. 

And that was due to her influence on this subject. Someone who has driven others to take a bigger stand on climate change. 

Whether you agree with the protests or not. To suggest we're only talking about her because she undeservedly is being given a platform is totally disingenuous.

15 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

And that was due to her influence on this subject. Someone who has driven others to take a bigger stand on climate change. 

Whether you agree with the protests or not. To suggest we're only talking about her because she undeservedly is being given a platform is totally disingenuous.

whats her view on population increases in the world. I am curious to know.

Any discussion on climate change without tackling the issue of growing human population would be a cop out. Would you agree?