Ganguly set to become-new-bcci-president

raki05

4 hours ago, Magneto said:

Nothing of this sort will happen. Ganguly has longterm BCCI ambitions, and would not want to be seen as 'petty and vindictive'. He'll let the selectors take the call and will focus on infrastructure building in his first term (9 months).

Any examples of that with his stint at Bengal cricket? I know the funding at times is beyond him for infrastructure etc given how money is controlled in our country but Some international games were poorly managed under his watch and he seemed more interested in taking up additional gigs than actually doing something path breaking for Bengal cricket

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Any examples of that with his stint at Bengal cricket? I know the funding at times is beyond him for infrastructure etc given how money is controlled in our country but Some international games were poorly managed under his watch and he seemed more interested in taking up additional gigs than actually doing something path breaking for Bengal cricket

Bengal cricket is suffering from some serious talent issues in cricket. 

56 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Bengal cricket is suffering from some serious talent issues in cricket. 

That happens but did he start any initiatives at the school or ground level because he has this reputation of this big identifier and backer of talent?

Also as I said there are examples of mismanagement. Now I am not saying he is corrupt but he can be inefficient.

Imran Khan has a reputation of being non-corrupt as well, that was his whole campaign, but still at the admin level has shown he is an idiot.

Things ganguly shud do....

• Increase the pay of selectors or else no big player wud apply for specially with this conflict of interest crap
  • Put a team director on head of shastri-kohli, ideally kumble was the right person but since he had issues with virat dont know ho wud that go. But need a strong person for that thing. Someone who can reprimand when Shastri takes team on overseas tour without practice games. Someone who can question the lack of patience shown to youngsters
  • End this conflict of interest crap as well, if someone like dravid can be used in many areas why not 
10 hours ago, maniac said:

That happens but did he start any initiatives at the school or ground level because he has this reputation of this big identifier and backer of talent?

Also as I said there are examples of mismanagement. Now I am not saying he is corrupt but he can be inefficient.

Imran Khan has a reputation of being non-corrupt as well, that was his whole campaign, but still at the admin level has shown he is an idiot.

I can't comment on the initiatives. If any taken it will come to the surface eventually

Ganguly should groom alternatives as captains and give team options before he leave. Virat will continue to be captain for now but before it becomes further toxic, we need to have people ready. It could be somebody like Mayank or as young as Gill if required in Test. For ODI Rohit still has couple of years left and should be definitely given a shot.

23 hours ago, maniac said:

Been away from cricket, not too sure of what be might have done. But India Today says - "Sourav Ganguly is the current president of the Cricket Association of Bengal and has proved his credentials as a successful administrator in the last five years, since taking up the job. He changed the face of the Eden Gardens, brought in fresh resources and improved the infrastructure at the iconic stadium in Kolkata."

Also, his apparent focus - Even though Ganguly said that looking after first-class cricketers and the Ranji Trophy will be his first priority, the Bengal stalwart is very much aware that reviving the image of the BCCI, which took a massive hit after the 2013 spot-fixing scandal which unearthed the dark side of Indian cricket and led to the top court stepping in to douse the fire, will he his primary objective.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:55 PM, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Shastri will be gone, unless he wins the T20 WC.

Both Dada and Jay Shah have 10 months according to the current rules. Both will stay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Your 1st line: don't get your hopes up.afai can see Kohli kudikaaran romanss will continue as long as the former is the Captain.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, G_B_ said:

India cements probably fixed the games of their teams via their enthusiast son in laws and recouped 10 times over.

Maybe srini needs to explain why a stand in chennai remains closed nearly a decade after revamping the stadium. 

By the time he does that the 100k stadium in A'bad will be open.

dont pull allegations out of your arse, you are a site admin or something  so be more circumspect, do you have any proof that games for CSK were fixed ?

and the stadium has a issue with a gym within the premises that is constructed nearby its building regulation they have lesser side open space and it is in litigation, either the gym or the stand needs to be rectified, has got nothing to do with corruption etc.

2 hours ago, Magneto said:

Been away from cricket, not too sure of what be might have done. But India Today says - "Sourav Ganguly is the current president of the Cricket Association of Bengal and has proved his credentials as a successful administrator in the last five years, since taking up the job. He changed the face of the Eden Gardens, brought in fresh resources and improved the infrastructure at the iconic stadium in Kolkata."

Also, his apparent focus - Even though Ganguly said that looking after first-class cricketers and the Ranji Trophy will be his first priority, the Bengal stalwart is very much aware that reviving the image of the BCCI, which took a massive hit after the 2013 spot-fixing scandal which unearthed the dark side of Indian cricket and led to the top court stepping in to douse the fire, will he his primary objective.

That's good to know in the last few years he did some good stuff but I remember in 2016 a couple of big games were grossly mismanaged like the WT20 game between Ind-Pak and the Ind-SA LOI that got washed out

18 hours ago, test fan said:

Ganugly to virat :giggle:

man this pic has so much going on in there, with body language. Finally there is someone whom Kohli needs to be aligned with/  borderline coerced by, prospect for Rohit being captain just increased if Kohli does any of his shenanigans again.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, G_B_ said:

India cements probably fixed the games of their teams via their enthusiast son in laws and recouped 10 times over.

Maybe srini needs to explain why a stand in chennai remains closed nearly a decade after revamping the stadium. 

By the time he does that the 100k stadium in A'bad will be open.

I don't know about it.But I can tell you one thing Srini was involved in Cricket long before there was any money to be made from cricket.Unlike these politicians who are leeches and are invloved with cricket due to the maginitude of money which is at stake.

Srini is a very very richman without cricket, unlike Shah or Modi. Stop giving this statements as if 100K stadium is being built with Modi's money.It is public funds they are using to build it.Who knows who is the contractor and how much money is changing hands there.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

So Ganguly is nothing but a pupet in hands of Pupet Master Srini, who is running all these maneuvers.

No, Srini has a new boss now. He has given one call to Srini after having a discussion with Ganguly and Srini has gone quite and agreed that his pawn Brijesh Patel won't submit nomination.