Kids to lead Pakistan fast bowling in tests in Australia

I dont think this Imran Khan is a 'gives me nightmares' type of a bowler. He's got ok speed 135-140ks which you need to be a test bowler anyway. Apart from the first wicket which was a jaffa, the other dismissals were edges or inside edges to the stumps. I wouldnt get too hyped up about it as of yet. Bowling to Steve Smith is the real test.

10 hours ago, cric_fan said:

That’s very wrong imo. He should be on a plane home. No way will he be in the right frame of mind.

200% agreed.  He may have "chosen" this.  But its not good for him.  Even if he can't get there in time for the burial - it is important for him to process his grief.  And to do that in a hotel room thousands of miles away? Without family? That's not right man.  He's a kid.  Even if he wasn't, this is not right.  

The adults around him - family, coach, PCB - they should have guided him and gotten him home -even if for a week or so.  

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

200% agreed.  He may have "chosen" this.  But its not good for him.  Even if he can't get there in time for the burial - it is important for him to process his grief.  And to do that in a hotel room thousands of miles away? Without family? That's not right man.  He's a kid.  Even if he wasn't, this is not right.  

The adults around him - family, coach, PCB - they should have guided him and gotten him home -even if for a week or so.  

I agree poor kid needs time to process such an incident. Even an exp sachin left WC midway. 

People like us living in far away places from Pakistan like USA and Australia face this situation quite often and decision by Naseem Shah to stay in Australia does make sense to us.

At the time of death in family in Pakistan, it almost impossible for anyone living in USA or Australia to be in Pakistan to attend the funeral, because as per Islamic culture, burial is conducted within 24 hours, most of the time. For this very reason, people not always leave everything and take the next flight to Pakistan but take their time, take care of their most urgent matters and only then go to Pakistan to share the grief with family. Many leave weeks or months later.

Naseem , would not have attended his mother funeral, unfortunately. Considering this , I'm sure PCB would have given him option of staying in Australia and I'm sure after discussing with his family , he decided to stay, which is understandable