Why is Kedar Jadhav still playing for India and what does he offer?

Austin 3:!6

They showed he has almost 1300 runs in 69 matches, average 40, strike rate 101. Not too bad 
MS Dhoni has close to 11k runs with an avg of 51 isnt it? But still you curse him everyday saying stats dont matter but impact does. Not sure why same parameter cant be applicable for Kedar. Age is clearly not on his side and he would be almost 40 during the time of next world cup. Why not try some youngsters?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dont't understand the selection of Jadhav after 2019 world cup. Its not as if he will go onto play in the 2023, then why not try some young upcoming players in that spot?

I agree they need to look past Jadhav for that to happen.They need to find a batsman who can bowl while having the ability to score better than a run ball with very decent avg like Jadhav.

Do we have any matching his skillset in the system?

^^^ what exactly was Dhoni doing in last 100 plus matches other than scoring runs at lesser SR than Jadhav.A guy like Jadhav is very much needed for this team.He did what exactly was needed from his position.

Don't blame inability of bowlers on Jadhav.He was fine today and most of his career that is what is expected from him.Raina's score of 36 was the difference between India winning world cup Semi final.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

MS Dhoni has close to 11k runs with an avg of 51 isnt it? But still you curse him everyday saying stats dont matter but impact does. Not sure why same parameter cant be applicable for Kedar. Age is clearly not on his side and he would be almost 40 during the time of next world cup. Why not try some youngsters?

Harsh on Dhoni. He has won india a lot of LOIs, granted not in last 2 3 years.

Yadav has actually played some sensible innings to win team a few matches, but in only specidic type of pitch and scenarios. He is very one dimensional batsman with no clue against pace. He also got a few fluke wickets which increased the TM's faith. All teams have such journeyman players who gives stability over short term, say darren sammy for WI. In his limited scope, he has contributed well, won india a few matches, but his time is up. I wish there is a wholesale change, and we could play 3 genuine quicks in every odi.

4 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

After his first over, he shouldn't be called an allrounder anymore. He bowls a dibbly dobbly ball only padosi batsmen will get out to. He was taken to the cleaners in the match against Aus by Smith in the world cup

He got lucky with his bowling for a while but now, that beginner's luck is over and he should.be given a spot only if they think he is worth a spot for batting alone.