Can ICC force a team to visit another country?

Zero_Unit

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Yeah but who decided SL was safe? Aus and West Indies internal reviews deemed it unsafe. ICC deducted the points because they deemed it safe

This is what I was trying to debate aswell. ICC considers pak safe however BCB's government gave them a direct order. I don't see how ICC can force a team to play or even consider taking away points when x country's government gets involved. Quite a complicated issue PCB is in tbh.

Edited by Zero_Unit

Bilateral series do not come under ICC's purview. However if a series is being played under ICC Test Championship, I guess ICC can step in and dock the visiting team for points if they refuse to travel (going by what they did in ODI WCs earlier) but will have take a lot of factors into account.

They do not even play their own domestic T20 tournament fully in Pakistan. Plus, unlike SL, BD have a travel advisory for its citizens on any travel to Pakistan. Bilateral relations between the two nations is so poor BD stopped issueing visas to Pakistanis as Pakistan held back visas for some BD diplomats. Relations between the two countries/boards isn't cordial. Despite all this, the very fact BCB has agreed to tour Pakistan for T20s is in itself a brave decision. But the arrogant PCB thinks it can browbeat BCB into a Test tour. Hope BCB continues to hold fort

8 hours ago, First class said:

But when BCB giving the laughable excuse of US-Iran tension for not playing tests and playing T20 only, ICC need to do something, if they have some guts. But they are also don't want to mess with BCCI. 

ICC cannot force BD to tour but they can award the test championship points to Pakistan. 

I heard PCB also not happy with climate change and global warming, wants this to be stopped before they would agree to play test, otherwise tamasha cricket only. 

Do you really blame BCB or any other board who doesn't want to visit your country? We all know by now what government level security of pak is like. SL players learned it first hand. Your board is a bunch of liars, your board is the only one to be blamed here. Don't say you will provide government  level security when Infact the bus driver had to save the day ...

Edited by Zero_Unit
15 hours ago, First class said:

But when BCB giving the laughable excuse of US-Iran tension for not playing tests and playing T20 only, ICC need to do something, if they have some guts. But they are also don't want to mess with BCCI. 

ICC cannot force BD to tour but they can award the test championship points to Pakistan. 

I heard PCB also not happy with climate change and global warming, wants this to be stopped before they would agree to play test, otherwise tamasha cricket only. 

Nice try, they cannot force BD nor they can give the points to Pakistan.If they want to play in neutral venue to feel safe  and PCB is unwilling to provide that neutral venue then PCB will forfeit their points.

SLC  board is corrupt to core, who knows how much money they might have taken for that tour.

22 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

This circus show of back and forth between BCB/PCB have brought up an interesting discussion. Try to put your personal feelings for PAK aside and try to have a logical discussion (if not, replace PAK with X = any country). Majority of the PAK thinks ICC needs to step in a situation like this where they deem that PAK is safe to tour where as the touring country does not. Each touring country should infact do their own due delligence, and if they think that their players, staffs, etc does not feel comfortable, should ICC need to step in? If so, why?

Let's also look into this further, PAK thinks if a touring country does not want to play in PAK (once again if you're too biased against PAK, replace with X = any country), ICC needs to reward them with the points and not split it between two teams. Do you think this is fair for the touring country who does not feel safe with PAK or the security they will provide (considering in the past, govermnent level security provided to SL was a joke - players got shot at).

Bottom line is, how much power should ICC have in their hand to force a team to tour another country in a situation like between BCB/PCB? This is going to be interesting considering SENA is a total different ball game than BCB here. Would love to see your guys input on this popcorn worthy circus show.

ICC is a body governing a sport. Any National government is governing people ( large groups of people) and it does as its interest lies --> ICC cant even have power over some tuvalu or pitcarin island government --> leave aside nations size of Bangladesh etc.

Congratulation to all Indian friends, another victory over the arch rival, thanks to BD, :congrats:. BD has put all their eggs in BCCI's basket, they think they are smart, only time will tell. Financially they are not very attractive to BCCI also, not too many countries want to play with them anyway. With cheater Shakib banned , they are really minnows in all format now and will go down further. 

26 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Keh ke liya PCB ki Bangla board ne :cantstop:

Normally I am not a big fan of BD cricket but must give credit here to their board president for showing PCB their true place in world cricket :laugh1:

Mark my words and watch which way Pakistan cricket goes in near future what future awaits for BD cricket. Nothing wrong with being realistic. BCCI makes lots of money from cricket and at the same time hellbound to destroy world cricket. 

39 minutes ago, First class said:

Congratulation to all Indian friends, another victory over the arch rival, thanks to BD, :congrats:. BD has put all their eggs in BCCI's basket, they think they are smart, only time will tell. Financially they are not very attractive to BCCI also, not too many countries want to play with them anyway. With cheater Shakib banned , they are really minnows in all format now and will go down further. 

In the 21st century,  Pak is seen as the nuisance (google Pakistan nuisance value) not the arch rival :facepalm: 

19 hours ago, First class said:

PCB insulted Bangladesh by refusing to host them for test series in UAE couple of years ago - they were fine to host SL and WI, but not Bangladesh.  

BCB is only paying them back for the disrespect.  And instead of smoothing over ruffled feathers, PCB doubled down on the "aggression" and finger pointing.  Hurting Pakistan cricket in the process.

Its a familiar pattern, greenbro stupidity to cut their own nose off to spite their face.  

13 minutes ago, First class said:

Mark my words and watch which way Pakistan cricket goes in near future what future awaits for BD cricket. Nothing wrong with being realistic. BCCI makes lots of money from cricket and at the same time hellbound to destroy world cricket. 

Why the F would BCCI care about "destroying" world cricket? They are in fact subsidizing world cricket.  And saving it.  

34 minutes ago, First class said:

Well, I have no issues with Pak cricket but the kind of statements/conspiracy theories your ex cricketers comes up with, its very difficult to have any sort of empathy them. Just look at the statements made by Javed Miandad where he wanted ICC to ban teams traveling to India. Then your foreign minister is saying BCCI is pressurizing BCB to not tour Pakistan. Your freaking foreign minister...I mean really? :laugh:

7 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

Asking players to tour Pakistan is akin to asking them to commit suicide with a smile. Why would you want to do that? Just ban that terrorist country and set a precedent.

Well the problem is ICC themselves stated that its safe to tour pak where as individual board/country thinks otherwise. What sort of nonsense is this from ICC?

3 hours ago, First class said:

Why is it that every other country who doesn't want to do anything with yours automatically BCCI is involved/are at fault? AUS didn't want to tour PAK since the 98 (correct me if am wrong) and that too is BCCI's fault? How about England, NZ, SA? Whose fault is that? Back at 98, we were not even that huge of a powerhouse in cricket financially/cricket wise. Our influence today > in the 90's. Speaking nonsense here ...

Do you even understand what finance means or just take wtv comes out of your arse and spill it out of your mouth? Last time I checked, you guys went to beg them for money, cause they didn't want to tour you guys for GOOD REASONS. Heck, they even paid your piss poor attitude board. Then you guys canceled on them and cost them money, didn't see them begging you guys for money. Wonder who is better off financially. Couple of times I have seen them play in other countries, they brought in their own sponsors - matches not even played in BD.

Pakistani supporters should be the last people to cry and point at others for cheating ... I mean really now.

You are making it too easy for us. TRY HARDER!

21 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

Why is it that every other country who doesn't want to do anything with yours automatically BCCI is involved/are at fault?

That is how that ill fated country is brought up. Whatever is happening in Pakistan is attributed to evil actions by CIA, Mossad, and RAW. The Pakistani army fights this evil force and protects the nation, which for some unknown reason (maybe for the greatness that no one has discovered yet except for the Pakistanis) everyone wants to destroy,  against the enemies. Of course, when no one is interested in Pak, its army creates (goes out seeking) trouble (being a nuisance value to the world) so any retaliation against it can be aligned with its narrative of the protector of a nation under threat .... In cricket, the CIA/Mossad/RAW role is played by the evil BCCI. And ICC probably plays the role of UN. Much like how its govt talks about UN, PCB thinks it can run to ICC  with manufactured complaints/scenarios.  

PS one way to stop encouraging the nuisance that is Pakistan is to ban it. The world has nothing to lose but much to gain by not associating itself with Pak! 

Edited by zen