Match Thread- IND vs NZ 1st test Feb 21-25 2020, Wellington

Read “feet stuck” too many times: 

Jamieson to Vihari, no run, stuck feet and beaten again. If anything that back foot moves further away from the line of the ball. This ball is not as full as the last so Vihari has to reach out for the drive. He fails to do so, but he is lucky it has swung too much to hit the edge

Jamieson to Vihari, no run, and he nearly gets him. Bouncer, bouncer, full ball. Vihari's feet are stuck as he pushes, but he is lucky the outside edge doesn't carry to gully

Around 100/5 as anticipated :((

Glorified Nightwatchman gone:

Jamieson to Vihari, OUTfirst ball after drinks! Full, on off, and Vihari tentatively presses forward to this ball angling into him. Takes the outside edge, and taken by the keeper diving to his right

GH Vihari c †Watling b Jamieson 7 (20b 1x4 0x6) SR: 35.00

Edited by zen

This is just glorious. I hated listening to how good the commentators thought India were at home and the players acting like they were superstars.

I will repeat again. Australia will literally tear the Indian batting lineup next summer. This NZ was just bashed by Australia. India wont know what hit them.

The Test Championship is a joke.

The lessons India can learn from all of this is that they need to continually look to improve the team. Team India fails to do this and therefore sticks with same team.

Controversially, I would have had KL and Gill in this team. KL has had form and success and given what the batting lineup has done so far, I dont think its possibly to do any worse.

Im going to be bold here and say that our bowlers are going to struggle here. Bumrah, Shami and Sharma will struggle when they bowl.

Hope Im wrong.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

This is just glorious. I hated listening to how good the commentators thought India were at home and the players acting like they were superstars.

I will repeat again. Australia will literally tear the Indian batting lineup next summer. This NZ was just bashed by Australia. India wont know what hit them.

All this based on 1.5 sessions of play today, after we lost a vital toss?