NZ vs Ind | 2nd Test | Christchurch | Feb 2020

zen

Kohli reaping the rewards of short term benefits. Even against lower ranked teams at home  & in dead rubbers   proven mediocrities like Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Rahul, Umesh etc etc kept on playing . He didn't bother to even develop other promising seam bowlers. And when Ishant got injured & Bumrah turned  pedestrian he had no one to lean upon but the proven mediocrity Umesh. This is what he has been doing all the time. The drunkard made his job all the more easier.  

On 2/27/2020 at 12:16 PM, SRT100 said:

If India bat first in the 2nd Test, the game will be finished inside 3 days.

While technically the 1st Test ended on Day 4, the rain on Day 1, effectively meant India were rolled inside 3 days of play.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, SRT100 said:

If India bat first, this game will be over inside 3 days.

India will be bowled out well before the end of play on Day 1.

LOL

LMAO

Predictable Indian cricket in SENA, glorious.

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

If India can get to around 300 by close of play. Its got to be considered a win by them for the day.

Problem with India, once one falls, the all come tumbling down like an avalanche.

India can easily go from 4/150 to all out for 200 in a blink of an eye.

LMAO

Predictable Indian cricket.

4/194 all out 242.

Gosh its easy to predict how India will play all the time in SENA.

it's been over 5 years now since Kohli took the reins of captaincy and it's generally hard enough to captain in 1 format let alone 3. I'm wondering if it's not time to let someone else do that job though i doubt it will happen considering what the subcontinental culture generally is like where unless the player performs that poorly captains are almost never changed and then again Kohli is a superstar. The only exception was Sachin.

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

it's been over 5 years now since Kohli took the reins of captaincy and it's generally hard enough to captain in 1 format let alone 3. I'm wondering if it's not time to let someone else do that job though i doubt it will happen considering what the subcontinental culture generally is like where unless the player performs that poorly captains are almost never changed and then again Kohli is a superstar. The only exception was Sachin.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but Im pretty sure in most SENA countries they have multi captains across formats. I know Australia does.

Its actually poor management by the BCCI to have just one captain. You need a captain that can specialize and know the opposition inside out in each format.

No excuse for India's pathetic performance in NZ but having different captains may have helped.

13 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Sachin had the level-headedness to realise that captaincy was not for him. Punch drunk with arrogance Brat will throw a hussy fit - or will make things impossible for next captain unless someone reads the riot act to him, and gives him a proper PR script to 'resign' from captaincy quoting stress and in order to prolong his batting career.

7 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Sachin had the level-headedness to realise that captaincy was not for him. Punch drunk with arrogance Brat will throw a hussy fit - or will make things impossible for next captain unless someone reads the riot act to him, and gives him a proper PR script to 'resign' from captaincy quoting stress and in order to prolong his batting career.

yea i can't imagine he will want to give up captaincy unless it gets to a level where we are performing so poorly that we have no choice but to replace him even while retaining him if he isn't going to altogether get dropped from the team. He's only following in dhoni's footsteps who hung on until it was obvious to everyone that he was done. to compound matters and to be fair to him - kohli does get dogs abuse on here despite how good he is - the intensity at which he plays and captains isn't sustainable really unless he has a lot of breaks.

in the current team all of ashwin, rahane and rohit sharma will make better captains than Kohli imo. The issue is it's not clear if any of them are the first name on the team sheet in test matches which is a problem.

Edited by rollingstoned
1 hour ago, Cricwala said:

Didnt Sachin take over captaincy at the time when there was match fixing by Indian players in the Indian team?

5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Another horrible performance by team in this test series. Not sure we can win versus Aussies with Warner and Smith playing tests next time round.

Not sure?

I give India less than 5% chance and thats being generous.

India will play the 1st Test at the GABBA, in which Australia have not lost in like over 30 years I think and India have never won here.

I actually think the way Australia will beat India, likely 3-0 or 4-0 assuming weather is ok, is going to mentally break this Indian team.

6 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Not sure?

I give India less than 5% chance and thats being generous.

India will play the 1st Test at the GABBA, in which Australia have not lost in like over 30 years I think and India have never won here.

I actually think the way Australia will beat India, likely 3-0 or 4-0 assuming weather is ok, is going to mentally break this Indian team.

We are not that bad. The horrible battiing and bowling might improve by the time the tour beats. Form might differ.

37 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

We are not that bad. The horrible battiing and bowling might improve by the time the tour beats. Form might differ.

You are so wrong. This is India's true form in SENA conditions, it shouldnt have surprised me and it didnt.

The warning signs were there in the ODIs.

Australia will show no mercy against India, I fear all sorts of world records being created next summer.

India's batting lineup is brittle as f**k. Its bowling attack is toothless at best. Sure in Indian conditions it performs but the fact remains India have always struggle in SENA.

Australia generally makes a huge fight of it in sub continent conditions. They may often lose, but its generally a tough fight. India just put up the white flag in SENA.

Forgettable series this..I just hope this is a temporary slump in form for the bowlers and the batters

Im sure , the ones who are playing only one format will be reviewed separately.

There is a reason why India has not done well in SENA coutries, and those are still valid

As a captain, Virats win/Loss proportion is 3.3(33/53) before the series 
Steve Waugh has 4.55 (41/57), while Ponting & G Smith  is 3.00 (48/77) & 1.82( 53/109) respectively.
Which means in terms of win/loss Virat is only behind Steve Waugh and in terms of purely test win numbers VK is behind all the 3 of them.

At this rate, im sure he will overcome all the 3 of them if he captains for another 30 games purely from test win numbers perspective.

We need to continue to support VK from an Indian fans perspective, to see him reach the zenith of Test Captaincy.