NZ vs Ind | 2nd Test | Christchurch | Feb 2020

zen

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

You haven't suffered through the Debang Gandhi era.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

I've been watching cricket since the early 90's. I'm willing to give the previous Indian teams a slide because of various othe rreasons but this past decade (2010 - NOW) has been the single most useless team when it comes to SENA tours. Lost 11 tests in England out of 14, 4/8 in SA, 7/12 in Australia and now counting this game it will be 3/4 in NZ. (More than 50% matches lost everywhere)

Compare our monetary/fiscal resources and the talent available in hand with our past teams the results we have now are a mockery. Hell i could say Ganguly/dravid/kumble teams did way better in SENA compared to the past decade.

The regression under Dhoni/kohli eras in test teams is as real as it gets.

3 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I've been watching cricket since the early 90's. I'm willing to give the previous Indian teams a slide because of various othe rreasons but this past decade (2010 - NOW) has been the single most useless team when it comes to SENA tours. Lost 11 tests in England out of 14, 4/8 in SA, 7/12 in Australia and now counting this game it will be 3/4 in NZ. (More than 50% matches lost everywhere)

Compare our monetary/fiscal resources and the talent available in hand with our past teams the results we have now are a mockery. Hell i could say Ganguly/dravid/kumble teams did way better in SENA compared to the past decade.

No doubt really. That team would have scored 500+ in 2nd innings last test and this one. What an embarrassing batting performance this has been from the so-called best Indian touring side ever. They got lucky they faced such a morally and personnel depleted Aussie side otherwise should have been thumped there as well.

10 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

BCCI has money but India is a still a third-world country and a talented Indian youngster has 1000 times much difficulty to access quality training and infrastructure than an average Kiwi, Australian,English or even South African.  Do you think someone like Yashaswi Jaiswal would have to live in a goddamn tent with no toilets had they been born in any SENA country?

Why don't they try different tactics in situations like these ? Like bowling short around the wicket with a deep fine leg and square leg and a short leg  like Wagner did/does and Jamieson did in the 1st Test to get rid of a settled Agarwal. 

We know that Rat is incapable of thinking out of the box but atleast our bowlers can initiate that. Bunch of pusssies!

14 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

BCCI has money but India is a still a third-world country and a talented Indian youngster has 1000 times much difficulty to access quality training and infrastructure than an average Kiwi, Australian,English or even South African.  Do you think someone like Yashaswi Jaiswal would have to live in a goddamn tent with no toilets had they been born in any SENA country?

We are still a third world country but unlike others who also play the game our sizeable middle class contributes a lot of players to our team unlike Bangladeshs or pakistan. That has been the case for some time now actually. 

12 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Data analysis is such an important factor in a game like Cricket but sadly, we have full of drunken dipsticks in TM and selection committee.  

There are no swing bowlers except for Ishant in the squad as express bowlers who depend on seam and bounce will not work in NZ. 

Haha..as if Captain Coolie cares about all that. Only thing he wants is experience and everyone is in a pecking order based on that. 

11 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

We are still a third world country but unlike others who also play the game our sizeable middle class contributes a lot of players to our team unlike Bangladeshs or pakistan. That has been the case for some time now actually. 

Middle-class might be contributing but our facilities are nowhere near the First World countries. Look at our NCA itself. How many players' injury management have they botched up, that too after spending crores of rupees.

15 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Data analysis is such an important factor in a game like Cricket but sadly, we have full of drunken dipsticks in TM and selection committee.  

There are no swing bowlers except for Ishant in the squad as express bowlers who depend on seam and bounce will not work in NZ

Not exactly. Check the record of Brett Lee ( who averages in low 17s), Mitchell Johnson,Morne Morkel, Allan Donald and even Peter Siddle in Newzealand. Even Ishant is NOT a swing bowler. He gets seams movement.