Let's accept the fact that India is a Home Track Bully and move on

Austin 3:!6

Under Kohli we have not even looked like winning a major tounament,his usp was supposed to be the test team and overseas performances,any criticism levelled at the complete lack of planning,baffling selections and unimaginative strategies in LOIs was deflected by pointing out how great the team was in tests.

Now if we cannot even expect the team to put up a decent fight overseas then what is even the point of decades of support and investment that the sport has got.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Is Aus the best test side in the world? No

Is Ind the best test side in the world? Again No

You may be a big believer in ranking system but no.1 ranked team not even competing against the supposed lower rank team betray the uselessness of the system.

Conditions bhai. Nadal the #1 ATP player lost in 1st week at Wimbledon more than once, same with Sampras at the French. You wouldn't want to know the rankings of the players they lost to. Nadal when he was in top 3 lost in 2R, 1R, 4R, 2R, 4R (consecutive years)...did that make his ranking wrong? Nature of the sport is different, can't compare cricket with track&field or swimming. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Conditions bhai. Nadal the #1 ATP player lost in 1st week at Wimbledon more than once, same with Sampras at the French. You wouldn't want to know the rankings of the players they lost to. Nadal when he was in top 3 lost in 2R, 1R, 4R, 2R, 4R (consecutive years)...did that make his ranking wrong? Nature of the sport is different, can't compare cricket with track&field or swimming. 

Just sticking to cricket, I would say there are 4-5 elite teams playing this sport. All capable of winning at home and being average overseas. That just goes to show that no.1 rank is as redundant as India's coach.

Atleast I don't get any pride in this hollow achievement. Even 1-1 would have meant this team is worthy but these hapless performances fortiy the facts that this team is an artificial no.1.

Let’s face it. Our hopes were sky high after the Aus tour of Dec 2018. This has come crashing down. 

With all all the resources that BCCI has, with all these A tours, you do expect the players coming through to play in any condition. That unfortunately is not the case.

I think adaptability is the issue here.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

I am just aghast at the history of mediocrity of India in their most enduring sport. Perennial issues still exist. Supposedly India's best bowling attack is at best comparable to current fast bowling attacks like Aus, NZ, Eng. Many may feel happy with the numero uno tag but one thing is for sure, this ain't the best side in the world and now we have witnessed that in multiple occasions.

With all the resources available, Indian cricket should be dominating this sport but as usual there is something amiss. May be too few talents among the too much of mediocrity.

Bugger, this is the best attack. With poor batting and stupid selection, not much the bowlers can do. What was the point of playing strike bowlers against WI and NZ T20 and ODI'?

1 minute ago, Vickydev said:

The sad thing is for once we had the fast bowling this cycle to make a difference away from home. But our batting has been a huge let down over the last decade. We played too many batsmen based on their reputation rather than performance and have suffered for it.

Add to that, the capitulation of our lower order. That was a surrender yesterday and in the last test.

The crux is that Ind is not designed to play competitive sports. Since a nation should pursue something to keep the masses busy, Cricket (andher nagri, kana raja) has emerged as the only viable alternative (can’t compete well In other team sports).

Even in following/playing the kana raja, we make it difficult for ourselves by overrating players, not planning, bad selections, etc. The domestic cricket structure is nothing much to boast about for a country so much invested (unnecessarily) in cricket. Many even go crazy with notions such as cricket is a religion :rolleyes:

Most of the SENA countries are also good in other sports. They don’t even care as much about cricket (eggs in different baskets) 

Anyways, now let’s focus on IPL :aha:

Edited by zen
1 minute ago, zen said:

The crux is that Ind is not designed to play sports. Since a nation should pursue something to keep the masses busy, Cricket (andher nagri, kana raja) has emerged as the only viable alternative (can’t compete well In other team sports).

Even in the following/playing the kana raja, we make it difficult for ourselves by overrating players, not planning, bad selections, etc. Many even going crazy with notions such as cricket is a religion :rolleyes: 

Most of the SENA countries are also good in other sports. They don’t even care as much about cricket (eggs in different baskets) 

Anyways, now let’s focus on IPL  :aha:

I see the attitude regarding other sports slowly changing though. 

India for starters is No 1 in Shooting. I am sure our media houses never show that. We have made strides in hockey and badminton. Besides, a lot of initiatives on promoting sports culture outside of Cricket is happening using Khelo India Youth/University games to promote team sports. I am confident we will see a gradual change in the years to come.

7 minutes ago, zen said:

The crux is that Ind is not designed to play sports. Since a nation should pursue something to keep the masses busy, Cricket (andher nagri, kana raja) has emerged as the only viable alternative (can’t compete well In other team sports).

Even in the following/playing the kana raja, we make it difficult for ourselves by overrating players, not planning, bad selections, etc. The domestic cricket structure is nothing much to boast about for a country so much invested (unnecessarily) in cricket. Many even go crazy with notions such as cricket is a religion  :rolleyes: 

Anyways, now let’s focus on IPL  :aha:

Very well put brother. Me too looking forward to IPL B->

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You do realise Bang and SL pitches are the same as in India so it’s the same thing. WI are bouncy but the team is weak so we can beat them there.

the post was about india in SENA, in which they are utter tripe. So all they focus is winning at home.if anyone says India is like the WI or Australia ATG teams I will chuck a shoe at them.

Fair enough . :agree: