Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

7 hours ago, FischerTal said:

this is a bold decision though. even trump hasn't gone to this extent. 

Why are you comparing against Trump? :hysterical:

Compare against those who are on top of this like South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore. Although South Korea didn't do hardcore lockdown. Thier strategy was aggressive testing. But, might not be possible in India with 1.3 Billion

26 minutes ago, flamy said:

Why are you comparing against Trump? :hysterical:

Compare against those who are on top of this like South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore. Although South Korea didn't do hardcore lockdown. Thier strategy was aggressive testing. But, might not be possible in India with 1.3 Billion

Trump wants to reopen the economy by Easter :hysterical::hysterical:

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Trump wants to reopen the economy by Easter :hysterical::hysterical:

It's completely shambolic how the US, UK, have handled this. And even much of Western Europe (Italy took it lightly first, Spain also said it was just the flu).

But SE Asia have been on TOP.

1 minute ago, flamy said:

It's completely shambolic how the US, UK, have handled this. And even much of Western Europe (Italy took it lightly first, Spain also said it was just the flu).

But SE Asia have been on TOP.

I think SE Asia was also previously exposed to such epidemics, if i'm not wrong?

South Asia (India & Pakistan) must increase testing. 

Test anyone with symptoms.

Home based testing/door to door(while in lockdown), mobile testing/drive-thru (fuel pumps can be used for this or parking lot of a mall). 

Edited by Autonomous

Say goodbye to grandma and grandpa and anybody in your family with diabetes, hypertension, or pulmonary problems..... :yay:
My mom has diabetes man. Reading this post sent shiver down my spine.

My parents live in the same building as I do and they have locked themselves in. I am literally meeting them for couple of minutes through the entire day. I am worried for them. Hope we all see through this fine.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

I think SE Asia was also previously exposed to such epidemics, if i'm not wrong?

Yes, they had SARS.

What I find appalling is that even with the right methodologies being modeled in real life in other countries with a 3-4 weeks lead time, western world still got caught with their pants down...

1 hour ago, nikred said:

My parents live in the same building as I do and they have locked themselves in. I am literally meeting them for couple of minutes through the entire day. I am worried for them. Hope we all see through this fine.

Stay safe bava. Best wishes for you and your family <3

2 hours ago, nikred said:

Yes, very insensitive post, take care and be safe

Edited by coffee_rules

10 hours ago, Singh bling said:

What Modi today did was very wrong. He announced lockdown and remain silent on essential services. There was a panic among people .large number of them purchased whatever they can . I myself went to market stood in queues . People purchased groceries worth of thousands of rupees. When I got back home I switched on TV and then they were showing essential services will be available. Why didn't he tell people that essential services will be available ?

So that the baniya community can make a killing in short period.

13 hours ago, sandeep said:

And this is why I was saying on the other thread, that things will move quickly - and it is smart to make preparations, and you were lecturing empty-vessel like on the need "not to panic". 

Ok I didn't say don't stock only against overstocking like buying every needed supply for an year in advance. I heard from my brother about how some desi guy bought year long supplies. Imagine the case of regular americans. I'm still going with don't panic. Don't panic and not to panic buy is also repeated by the PM. Its not a lecture and I'm no professor. Just standing by PMs words. Anyway stay safe and don't go out

Modi had one *ing job to do, and he messed up. My whole area was in panic mode, how many read the notification? PM's speech should have assured the public that essential commodities would be available. And why did he have to wait till late evening to do so? Had he made this announcement during daytime it would have been so much easier for everyone. Stupid communication, awful...
I was waiting for him to talk about essential commodities while my wife was freaking out. He kept going on and on while my wife was glaring at me. 15 minutes in, I had enough and we ended up going for panic buy.

6 minutes ago, nikred said:

I was waiting for him to talk about essential commodities while my wife was freaking out. He kept going on and on while my wife was glaring at me. 15 minutes in, I had enough and we ended up going for panic buy.

My parents too panicked and were about to do the same, I had to call them every 10 minutes to calm them down.