Poor migrant laborers walking home all over India need to be helped

sandeep

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Buddy one can't walk at that speed, must have involved some running as well. Waise that timing is excellent, he can give some elite sportsmen a tough run in marathon race. Many elite tennis and football players would be pleased with that timing. Requires a great deal of training/conditioning to maintain 10 kph for over 3 hours. 

Yeah may be he ran for a bit. As I said, he shared his track on our friends group and everyone was like "how the fuk did you walk that much". Point to note, he's a strong guy. 

On 3/27/2020 at 4:30 PM, Norman said:

I have a friend from a humble background who works on movie sets. He said he had to walk three hours straight to get home from the location due to the lack of public transport. Poor guy walked 35 Kms in 3 hours. :nervous:

He walked 12 km per hour?

Must be truly humble

People don't realize this, but this is STEP 1 of the data gathering process for the NPR or national population register.

by evacuating all the migrants from the major cities, the government can identify, register and track the movement of people across states.  As most people have aadhar, the demographics registered will serve as cross-verification. Surveillance is already in place.

In other words, NPR identifies illegals and foreigners.

narendra-modi-and-amit-shah1.jpg

Today I went to my chemist. Asked him that why he stopped home deliveries , he said that most of his delivery boys left for Bihar. They are saying marna hai to ghar pe marenge.

It's time to stop negative propaganda about corona. Tell the people that mortality rate is 0.5% , so it's not like end of the world . The day and night negative propaganda is backfiring.

52 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Today I went to my chemist. Asked him that why he stopped home deliveries , he said that most of his delivery boys left for Bihar. They are saying marna hai to ghar pe marenge.

It's time to stop negative propaganda about corona. Tell the people that mortality rate is 0.5% , so it's not like end of the world . The day and night negative propaganda is backfiring.

Even if the mortality rate is that low  it will increase  drastically once Health care gets overburden and watching  Italy and Spain  numbers and Indian population I would something that happens then death maybe like 10 to 20 thousand  a day, which would cause the panic

So now government is giving some time for preparedness and hoping for best i guess  

Hindsight is beautiful. Ultimately, the situation is due to lack of co-operation and plain human instincts. Landlords, and CMs like Kejriwal has been dishonest by making them leave their homes, cutting electricity etc.

And many overseas Indians  returned back to India in these troubled times. Similarly, those urban migrants will move back to their villagers where they have their proper home, their people to take care. So it's also due to boredom, and the human nature to live around your family in troubled times. That includes even those who had sufficient food, and accommodation, they willingly choose to go back...

Gujarat and Yogi to some extend have handled the situation pretty well .

Up government just transferred 611 crore Rs to bank accounts of 27.5 lakh labours .Thank god to Jan dhan Yojna.

Also some of the vacant buildings in greater noida being set up for migrant labours to stat put.

Gujarat has reported just few death case I think and maintained the best social distancing,thankfully cases havent bounced up .

Maharashtra also have cracked the whip and Police machinery is working fine in that state. 

Edited by adi B

Every time BBC reports on the lockdown in India they repeatedly only focus on 2 things:

1. PM Modi asks for forgiveness for handling of the lockdown

2. Poor people are fearing they will starve to death and repeat the same interview with a labourer woman saying ' oh no one will give us a lift or they are asking for our ID cards'

I mean how much more of a blatant Anti India bias is this?? Fck these feckers!

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Every time BBC reports on the lockdown in India they repeatedly only focus on 2 things:

1. PM Modi asks for forgiveness for handling of the lockdown

2. Poor people are fearing they will starve to death and repeat the same interview with a labourer woman saying ' oh no one will give us a lift or they are asking for our ID cards'

I mean how much more of a blatant Anti India bias is this?? Fck these feckers!

I think BBC should stop reporting abount India. Even that report about India developing its own test kit which is 3 times faster and 3 times cheaper than cheapest import had full of negative India. 

Chloroquinn is first line of defense against Corona. Anyone born in Malaria infected parts can guess why it has got the properties. But BBC won’t give credit to Indian docs for that

Indian rich and poor, Admin and peasants, all have come together in this time of crisis. While in UK, Rich are still trying to make money while backbone of NHS( indians origin Brits) are still being told that save lives without PPE.

Edited by mishra

26 minutes ago, mishra said:

I think BBC should stop reporting abount India. Even that report about India developing its own test kit which is 3 times faster and 3 times cheaper than cheapest import had full of negative India. 

Chloroquinn is first line of defense against Corona. Anyone born in Malaria infected parts can guess why it has got the properties. But BBC won’t give credit to Indian docs for that

Indian rich and poor, Admin and peasants, all have come together in this time of crisis. While in UK, Rich are still trying to make money while backbone of NHS( indians origin Brits) are still being told that save lives without PPE.

Thats why i have stopped paying TV license from my end.. i dont watch live tv anyway but  I will not fund an organisation with an extreme left wing propaganda ( funded by the EU) and a clear anti India/Pro Pak agenda.

I hvae yet to hear ONE positive news about India since 2014 from the BBC.