Escalation at India-China border

Clarke

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

it is very cold area all through the year and the lake gets frozen..so I am thinking this issue could go on 2 more months max.

They have built up permanent structures on that beachhead by Finger4, and grabbed the heights on F4.  They are there to stay.  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

They have built up permanent structures on that beachhead by Finger4, and grabbed the heights on F4.  They are there to stay.  

I read it is not possible to hold the mountains due to harsh climate..

3 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

I read it is not possible to hold the mountains due to harsh climate..

Don't believe convenient "facts".  When they build up concrete bunkers, helipads etc, they aren't just going to allow the Indian army to walk in and take it.  If India can maintain presence on Siachen glacier...

34 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Not permanent,they are temporary but also learnt they made a helipad there,

Impossible to stay during winters

5 hours ago, Norman said:

We're deploying tanks ? :shock:

I thought both sides agreed to de-escalate. 

Better safe than sorry.

Once bitter twice shy.

These roads we building on borders. I think a tank will be able to reach our borders on the lac within 24 hours.

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Don't believe convenient "facts".  When they build up concrete bunkers, helipads etc, they aren't just going to allow the Indian army to walk in and take it.  If India can maintain presence on Siachen glacier...

We abandon the glacier in winter months...

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

so, practical advice, don’t get excited over escalation or de-escalation. China has been Involved in incursions since 1950s, so they come in and we retaliate, but this time after 2013, certainly the response is different and more stringent.

China has the whole world by the balls. The 21st century superpower is not Amreeka, but China. As detestable the Chinese Communist Party is they have brought the whole world to its knees and literally toying with Do-lund's Amreeka. So then what is a do-takey ka Chaiwalla going to do? Suck it up and continue buying Chinese! :giggle:

China has become Dilli ka laddoo now ... They are playing their cards and winning!

Chinese deployed S-400. Russian sold second shipment of S-400 in Feb -2020 to China.

I have no qualms to accept that S-400 will do its job unless we get some support.

But question remains. How much Russia knew?

How much planning went into this Chinese game?

I have a feeling that India China relations may go to point of no return same way as India Pakistan

5 hours ago, Ranvir said:

It looks like India is always reactive and not proactive when it comes to armed conflicts. It's embarrassing.

India has no first mover advantage. It can only react, and if anything, there is at least some reaction unlike Congress governments..

11 minutes ago, someone said:

India has no first mover advantage. It can only react, and if anything, there is at least some reaction unlike Congress governments..

I am no Modi fan, as some of the more enthusiastic Bhakts on this forum are well aware - but you cannot fault him for the current situation.  If anything, under this administration, the border road building has been prioritized even more.  Which is what led to the the Chinese realizing that the window was starting to close where they had a massively lop-sided tactical and logistical advantage on the ground.  That's why they are trying to 'lock in' maximum gains on the LAC.  

As much as I detest the CCP, and don't want the country's resources to be wasted/spent on conflict - I am actually very grateful to the stupidity of the CCP.  They have delivered us a very good wake-up call to our entire government, political establishment as well as our business folks.  This dumb plan to 'bully' India only for the sake of grabbing some "tactical' heights in barren landscapes, will shake India out of its complacency, and may even be a major turning point in policy-making.  I expect India to speed up its alignment with US/AUS/JPN on the foreign policy front, and really make a strong effort to prioritize manufacturing.  Supported with consumer demand and selective boycotts, local businesses will get a major opportunity, and hopefully long overdue reforms and infrastructure projects also move forward.

If only the Chinese had kept things going quietly, they probably could have made the same land gains, over a longer timeframe, without actively confronting India.

Turning a lazy complacent 'non-aligned' country into one that's awake to the threat of Chinese dominance is a major strategic blunder.  They should have boiling the frog at slow heat, instead, they turned the burner to high. 

Greed and Arrogance leads to foolishness - Confucious probably said that at some point.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:34 PM, sandeep said:

I am no Modi fan, as some of the more enthusiastic Bhakts on this forum are well aware - but you cannot fault him for the current situation.  If anything, under this administration, the border road building has been prioritized even more.  Which is what led to the the Chinese realizing that the window was starting to close where they had a massively lop-sided tactical and logistical advantage on the ground.  That's why they are trying to 'lock in' maximum gains on the LAC.  

As much as I detest the CCP, and don't want the country's resources to be wasted/spent on conflict - I am actually very grateful to the stupidity of the CCP.  They have delivered us a very good wake-up call to our entire government, political establishment as well as our business folks.  This dumb plan to 'bully' India only for the sake of grabbing some "tactical' heights in barren landscapes, will shake India out of its complacency, and may even be a major turning point in policy-making.  I expect India to speed up its alignment with US/AUS/JPN on the foreign policy front, and really make a strong effort to prioritize manufacturing.  Supported with consumer demand and selective boycotts, local businesses will get a major opportunity, and hopefully long overdue reforms and infrastructure projects also move forward.

If only the Chinese had kept things going quietly, they probably could have made the same land gains, over a longer timeframe, without actively confronting India.

Turning a lazy complacent 'non-aligned' country into one that's awake to the threat of Chinese dominance is a major strategic blunder.  They should have boiling the frog at slow heat, instead, they turned the burner to high. 

Greed and Arrogance leads to foolishness - Confucious probably said that at some point.

Very good point.