Underrated Films Thread

Ankit_sharma03

The Edge (1997) - doesn't count among Hopkins' top movies but i love the locations (Alaska prolly)

The Ghost & the Darkness (1996) - Good thriller with Michael Douglas & Val Kilmer, partially true story. Col John Henry Patterson must have been some dogged character. 

Murder 2 :p:

I am sure it’s a copy of some foreign film but the villain in the movie was outstanding and the music was good too :giggle:

I remembered Prashant Narayan the villain in that movie  from Coffee’s post above 

To me underrated films are those that one likes but were not successful (or as successful they should have been) at the BO and/or did not attain much acclaim. If that is the case, many Bollywood films from the 50s-70s such as:

• Prem Pujari - now considered a cult classic
  • Gopi - Dilip Kumar's performance is superb. Was a minor hit 
  • Pakeezah - which picked up to become a hit iirc and recognized for some excellent performances so an exception as it is not 100% underrated 
  • Apradh - Feroz Khan's first directorial effort iirc. It was probably a minor hit but underrated 
  • Mehbooba - One of Rajesh Khanna's better films in the 2nd half of the 70s .... now considered a cult classic too iirc 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Earned a lot of recognition but still among super deluxe and Kumblangi nights many still dont know about it

I didn’t like it that much. Checked it out after you and sree/enter the void recommended. I thought it was ok. It’s one thing to have unknown actors it’s different when you have amateur actors with no experience. Some actors were below par.