Kings XI Punjab 2020 thread!

SecondSlip

I will be keeping a very close eye on KXIP this IPL only because KL Rahul is captain and I truly believe that he will also be the captain of Team India one day! 

It will be really interesting to see how this team does under Rahul’s leadership! 

Panga na lo! :kp: :kp:  

Calling all KL Rahul supporters! :phone:

@Gollum @Ankit_sharma03 @coffee_rules   @Jimmy Cliff @Lannister @rkt.india 

Still think they shud get back jordon instead of neesham. He had a bad day but he is their as a death bowling speacilist which is not an easy job. Every game is not same. 

Also superb idea to get in 2 young leggies , by the time teams comeup with a plan against them they can throw in mujeeb.

But soon maxi n pooran have to stepup or else this wont go far

The issue that K11 need to rectify is close game where they play their best cricket. They have only managed to beat RCB so far that too mainly because of dropped catches.  It appears as if KL is also seeking to play consistent innings (for avg?) rather than impactful ones. 

KXIP should rightfully be 3-0 right now but instead are 1-2.  Sometimes when you start dropping close match after close match it can become contagious and you wonder how you are going to lose the next one instead of having confidence that you will claim victory.

8 minutes ago, GeeGaw said:

KXIP should rightfully be 3-0 right now but instead are 1-2.  Sometimes when you start dropping close match after close match it can become contagious and you wonder how you are going to lose the next one instead of having confidence that you will claim victory.

K11 has not had close matches (only win so far v RCB was by a big margin) but rather "failed to close games" despite having opportunities - a) v DC could have won with better application. Later were destroyed in Superover, and b) v RR could have batted them out of the game (only lost 2 wkts). RR had the high scoring game in its pocket by the 19th over. 20th over was a formality 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, zen said:

K11 has not had close matches (only win so far v RCB was by a big margin) but rather "failed to close games" despite having opportunities - a) v DC could have won with better application. Later were destroyed in Superover, and b) v RR could have batted them out of the game (only lost 2 wkts). RR had the high scoring game in its pocket by the 19th over. 20th over was a formality 

You are correct and I totally misstated what I meant in original message.  I meant KXIP have lost two matches that they should have won with just a modicum of decent play down the stretch.  In other words it would not have taken any herculean effort for them to win both matches but rather they completely sh!t the bed when the time came to perform.  They had no business losing either match.