The comeback/revenge of Martin Kohli

zen

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

@zen You make such meta threads.

I read the OP twice and understood nothing.

I feel very very stupid now. :cry: 

What exactly is Martin Kohli again?

Martin Crowe was a legendary player who performed exceptionally with the both bat and captaincy (considered among the best)  .... If Kohli emulates that (better captaincy per his capacity not Martin's), he is turning into Martin Kohli :shock:

9 hours ago, zen said:

Martin Crowe was a legendary player who performed exceptionally with the both bat and captaincy (considered among the best)  .... If Kohli emulates that (better captaincy per his capacity not Martin's), he is turning into Martin Kohli :shock:

I thought it was Jacob Martin a player for India in 2000 or Chris Martin, the New zealand bowler famous for his bowling and ducks while batting :lol:

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@zen You make such meta threads.

I read the OP twice and understood nothing.

I feel very very stupid now. :cry: 

What exactly is Martin Kohli again?

zen is obsessed with NZ players. Watch out for Richard XXXX thread next if some quick or pace AR catches his eye....his fav being Richard Hadlee. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Today's game featured two of the most clueless captains in the history of the IPL.

posted something on the match thread .... whether it was an Intentional or unintentional move, but not a bad one .... below my posts from the match thread: 

If you want to win a tournament, you should try to ensure that every player gets in to good form. From that perspective, not a bad idea to give some of the lower middle order batsmen to get hit early esp. v K11 attack at Sharjah .... A loss here does not hurt RCB chances in the playoffs but its players becoming better prepared for the playoffs may help them if they want to win the tournament .... Cannot always rely on one player 

Ind had the top 3 batting for most parts even against struggling teams in WC19, denying others the opportunity to bat more in the middle 

I am pointing at the positives. RCB has ABDV. If he does well, great. The question that needs to be answered is what if ABDV gets a 0, potentially curtains for  RCB in a KO game. Now if they have guys, who are in form, they can look to address such situations with more confidence. 

PS In one of the games, they can even experiment by having these two bat at 3 & 4. Give them more responsibilities with the bat to get them acquainted to taking on new challenges. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Today's game featured two of the most clueless captains in the history of the IPL.

Basically the captain that made the second last mistake won.

Its interesting how two of the most boneheaded captains of recent times - Dhoni and Kohli, get extended captaincy runs of the Indian team, while the one who is making the right decisions, winning matches and IPL trophies for his team (Rohit Sharma) never gets to captain the Indian team. 

48 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just remembered @Sir john, he used to root for BD/Zim minnows always. 

As for me, I support good cricket .... btw, NZ is not a minnow - has made it to many SF & F of key events 

Edited by zen

7 hours ago, Texan said:

Its interesting how two of the most boneheaded captains of recent times - Dhoni and Kohli, get extended captaincy runs of the Indian team, while the one who is making the right decisions, winning matches and IPL trophies for his team (Rohit Sharma) never gets to captain the Indian team. 

I meant Kohli and KL Rahul! 

FWIW, Dhoni has always been a good captain. One may argue that his place in the team as a batsman was undeserved. But he is to date a top quality keeper and someone the bowler can turn to when the going gets tough.