Anyone remembers DOUGLAS MARILLIER's knock against India?

Zak was 4-16 or something like that in 7-8 overs. Ended up with figures of 4-42?

60+ needed in 6 overs. First he kept hittng after making room and then scoops. Captain was clueless what to do.

Sweeps and reverse sweeps reminded me of this. I had went out thinking it was won match, later when I watched 8 PM news, I was shocked.

Another match - pitch was helpful to bowler, India got bowled out cheaply. In reply, Travis Friend kept hitting Zak by making room. Scored 62 probably.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Infact this series was very memorable, Zim were neck to neck with India till 40th over of the 4th ODI of the series. Yuvi was making his comeback in that game & he literally demoralised the Zimboks into submission in that & subsequent deciding ODI.

75 off 52 balls IIRC, he was brutal in that game.

Dinesh Mongia pulled off one in lifetime knock of 151 to win last game.

9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

That was a shocking loss. Obviously I wasn't aware of Marilliers exploits against McGrath a year earlier, so those ramp shots were something like "ye aise bhi hota hai kya" :lol:

Zak was completely taken apart in his last 2 overs. 

This Faridabad ground was panauti ground for Indian cricket.

Just saw that, didn't know it earlier.

Will remember that game. Big pwnge to our bowling attack that game single handedly by Doug Mariier.I remember even Kumble got taken apart same fashion in that game.

Man we had lot of crazy losses to Zimbabwe. I even remember the 1997 tie with Prasad and Robin Singh getting run out of a wide when Eddo Brandes bowled a wide and they tried running kn wide and game ended in a tie. Tri series in South Africa.

The less said the better about 1999 wc game. We were given penalty of 4 overs for bowling 40 odd extras. Tendulkar missed this particular gamr due to his dad’s death. 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:01 AM, SK_IH said:

Infact this series was very memorable, Zim were neck to neck with India till 40th over of the 4th ODI of the series. Yuvi was making his comeback in that game & he literally demoralised the Zimboks into submission in that & subsequent deciding ODI.

That match saw the birth of Yuvi, the chaser! We were down and out when Dravid was dismissed around 32nd over and needed 6+ RPO to win (which was very very difficult then). It was unbelievable how comfortably we closed out the chase. In a way, this match was a precursor to Natwest Final.

Had gone to play football in the park with my classmates in school uniform, we were comfortably placed then. When I came back home was shocked to know we had lost. Remember that day clearly. 

That entire series in fact, such a well contested one. Became a fan of Dinesh Mongia after his 150, oh well.