Curious case of Manju’s Itchy Tongue

Rasgulla

Just now, express bowling said:

Jadeja 2.0 is a very effective batsman.

He has the numbers in tests in the last 3.5 years 

And numbers will follow in the other 2 formats too.

the problem with Jadeja is he has no brains of his own. Usually he hits well when there is no time to think or it is desperation, he goes into tuk tuk mode only when he is over thinking which he is not good for anyways. More like a allrounder version of DK.

I have seen him follow the Dhoni template of trying for a not out to boost average many times.

Jadeja is one of those players who will do better if he is given a full license  that Warne did when he was with RR

We should judge players based on what they are (or have become) than what they were in the past .... In this IPL, Jadeja has batted with extreme confidence

However a note on his Achilles' heel - > the tiny amount of selfish elements and propensity to be in the limelight which can make him a) want to remain not out, b) not sacrifice his wkt in a run out even when the batsman at the other end is performing better, c) take the strike to finish the game even when a big hitter is at non striker's end, and d) so on  

Edited by zen

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

the problem with Jadeja is he has no brains of his own. Usually he hits well when there is no time to think or it is desperation, he goes into tuk tuk mode only when he is over thinking which he is not good for anyways. More like a allrounder version of DK.

I have seen him follow the Dhoni template of trying for a not out to boost average many times.

Jadeja is one of those players who will do better if he is given a full license  that Warne did when he was with RR

Another fallacy. I don;t know any Dhoni fan that knows what his average or SR is but every Sachin fan knows every little number about him. His 100 centuries, 200 tests, 200 no in ODI, etc. I agree that Warne is a better captain than Dhoni especially in tests where Dhoni is clueless

Jadeja does show his ability here and there with the bat but i actually don't remember him winning match for india in last 5 - 6 years. He averages 12 with bat in 49 t20 matches he has played. In odis his numbers might be good looking but most of his knocks have come when team has lost and he has failed to win us match. 

Regarding comparison even axar won delhi one match against csk in last over (similar situation) and there isn't even debate about axar being better bowler in this ipl season than jaddu.

Axar is indeed a better option in T20.

Look at Jaddu's international numbers, and only possible vacancy will be in lower middle order where he is a misfit. IMO he has made a case for selection in ODIs more than T20s with improved batting, bowling has declined sadly. 

Edited by Gollum

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Another fallacy. I don;t know any Dhoni fan that knows what his average or SR is but every Sachin fan knows every little number about him. His 100 centuries, 200 tests, 200 no in ODI, etc. I agree that Warne is a better captain than Dhoni especially in tests where Dhoni is clueless

How is this a fallacy? Dhoni does it for himself, not his fans

And the very fact you have to drag sachin into this shows your points does not stand on its own

But but but sachin by dhoni fans seems the exact pathetic gaslighting trump supoorters indulge in when their cult leader is questioned (they go - but but but Obama)

Anyways a sri lankan shouldn't concern himself either with dhoni or with  sachin 

Edited by New guy

2 hours ago, New guy said:

And the very fact you have to drag sachin into this shows your points does not stand on its own

But but but sachin by dhoni fans seems the exact pathetic gaslighting trump supoorters indulge in when their cult leader is questioned (they go - but but but Obama)

Anyways a sri lankan shouldn't concern himself either with dhoni or with  sachin 

woah woah easy dragon. Sachin fans gets violent for nothing. Was that last line really necessary ? Grow up man

5 hours ago, Nikola said:

Jadeja does show his ability here and there with the bat but i actually don't remember him winning match for india in last 5 - 6 years. He averages 12 with bat in 49 t20 matches he has played. In odis his numbers might be good looking but most of his knocks have come when team has lost and he has failed to win us match. 

Regarding comparison even axar won delhi one match against csk in last over (similar situation) and there isn't even debate about axar being better bowler in this ipl season than jaddu.

Mirrors what he has done this IPL for the most part. Tuk tuk till the coast is clear aka the contest is dead, score cheap runs and remain not out as the opposition doesn't care how many they concede. He is I'll suited for LOIs because he is neither a competent batsman nor a strike bowler. He will of course have the odd good game here and there and flatter with his excellent fielding.

10 hours ago, New guy said:

Yet you don't question the guy I was replying to who inserted Dhoni in a thread about Jadeja :winky: I know why. You are both a bunch of rabid sachinistas with maniac being a polite version of a sachinista than you. Maybe you should learn a thing or two from him.

You are going off on a tangent with trump obama but you are accusing me of the same. atleast I'm somewhere near the ballpark as Sachin, Dhoni and Jadeja are all cricketers and played ipl. Did trump and obama play in ipl. stop frothing at the mouth that sachin was being dragged. everybody is dragged here in ICF. you were laughing at Dhoni jokes but get butthurt when Sachin is made fun of. Take your opinion and stick it where the sun dont shine :mama:

you have been accusing me of being a sri lankan for a long time. its ironic that you being a mallu have the most foreign genes of all people in India except for goa. why do mallu girls give me the looks. is it because mallu men are ugly and wife beaters. why do you live in bengaluru. why cant you live in "gods own country". maybe internet connection there is not good enough :phehe: