Jump to content
velu

2020 US election results watch !!!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Hillary was winning all the polls with 70%-30% in 2016. Just saying. 

 

That's something people don't seem to grasp, what it meant was 3 out of 10 times Trump was expected to beat Hillary, which is what happened in the end. 

 

I never understood the flak pollsters and analysts got, don't recall them claiming Hillary is going to win 100%. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clarke said:

 

That's something people don't seem to grasp, what it meant was 3 out of 10 times Trump was expected to beat Hillary, which is what happened in the end. 

 

I never understood the flak pollsters and analysts got, don't recall them claiming Hillary is going to win 100%. 

If you watch CNN AND Fox, journalists on both sides claim big time about polls, so you can't fault people buying into them. Both will broadcast polls all day and share how Trump is back in the race in polls or how Biden has taken the lead. So their whole agenda also gets driven through polls too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If you watch CNN AND Fox, journalists on both sides claim big time about polls, so you can't fault people buying into them. Both will broadcast polls all day and share how Trump is back in the race in polls or how Biden has taken the lead. So their whole agenda also gets driven through polls too.

 

Again, what do they claim ? X is leading by these points and has y% chance or X is 100% winning, you can get your house on it ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clarke said:

 

Again, what do they claim ? X is leading by these points and has y% chance or X is 100% winning, you can get your house on it ?


Then why even broadcast, thats my point. As I said, polls are nothing to go by especialy in an electoral college and pandemic like situation with  now mail-in ballot becoming as big, this is a totally different thing and polls should be ignored or not be made much of. 

 

I am not a believer of polls hence I mentioned indirectly that don’t worry about polls when i shared the example of Hillary’s score from 2016. People shouldn’t take anything to another level.But unfortunately people do.

 

 Its an unneeded info from the media.

Half truth is worse than a lie sometimes and is border line fake news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...