Worrying signs for India

Cricketics

7 hours ago, velu said:

How  privatisation will bring job loss ? :dontknow:

governments first job is to govern the country ,  not run business 

Privatization is great on paper but it can bring troubles too. For example if railways get privatized, new logistics will replace the old ones and it will bring high quality services, but then many people in railways will lose jobs because corporates believe in cost cutting, it's good for business but India is highly populated and new technologies/automation while they suit aging countries like Japan it may bring joblessness to Indian youth which still forms a large percentage of our country.

9 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Privatization is great on paper but it can bring troubles too. For example if railways get privatized, new logistics will replace the old ones and it will bring high quality services, but then many people in railways will lose jobs because corporates believe in cost cutting, it's good for business but India is highly populated and new technologies/automation while they suit aging countries like Japan it may bring joblessness to Indian youth which still forms a large percentage of our country.

benefits of removing the inefficiency will be far better than those job losses .. railways is profitable , they can survive with inefficiency .but most loss making industries cant.  

and i highly doubt our public sector employs youth by a big margin  .. most of the government employees are middle age 

take bsnl , it keep making losses .. how long you keep pumping money in it ?

privatization is the best thing for the most inefficiently run public companies in india ..  

11 hours ago, MechEng said:

You have to make decisions based on population, privatization will throw many out of work and create chaos. We will see a repeat of what happened when East India Company took over subcontinent from Mughals, India as we know it will cease to exist and will be owned by corporations.

If many educated people think like that, the country is doomed.

India is too big that no one single institution (government) can handle it all. We have 70 years of failure of trying to run a welfare and freebies system.  So why should India persist with it? With your logic, you would say 1991 liberalization was a big mistake?

Get government job and then earn for next 45 years and then take pension for rest of your life. 

public service, serving nation, honesty, efficiency, corruptionless system??? What is all this non-sense?  Old congy raj was best man. My caste gets me into government job. I dont know **** yet I get employment. My family is permanently congy loyal for generations.

Desh gaya tel lene. 

We are old enough and seen all this everywhere, all our lives. These same people are in forefront criticizing India and indian systems and government and its inefficiencies. They shamelessly go gaga over how China is best. They dont realize that if these lazy asses were in china, they would have been shot in their a$$es for their behavior.  

Truth is any hardworking, skillful workers/labors, engineers and educated people dont have to worry about anything. They will be fine.

10 hours ago, someone said:

If many educated people think like that, the country is doomed.

India is too big that no one single institution (government) can handle it all. We have 70 years of failure of trying to run a welfare and freebies system.  So why should India persist with it? With your logic, you would say 1991 liberalization was a big mistake?

India is overpopulated and you need to accept this truth. Get into privatization but not the way Modi is doing.

Progress is important but not at the cost of quality of life.

Modi does a lot of mann ki baat but it's all monologue, spending money on new lok sabha building and other fancy stuff to show 'atma nirbhar bharat' is just showmanship.

20 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Get government job and then earn for next 45 years and then take pension for rest of your life. 

public service, serving nation, honesty, efficiency, corruptionless system??? What is all this non-sense?  Old congy raj was best man. My caste gets me into government job. I dont know **** yet I get employment. My family is permanently congy loyal for generations.

Desh gaya tel lene. 

We are old enough and seen all this everywhere, all our lives. These same people are in forefront criticizing India and indian systems and government and its inefficiencies. They shamelessly go gaga over how China is best. They dont realize that if these lazy asses were in china, they would have been shot in their a$$es for their behavior.  

Truth is any hardworking, skillful workers/labors, engineers and educated people dont have to worry about anything. They will be fine.

Absolutely. We have a high ratio of "incompetent" people. From your small street worker to your top level babu, they are everywhere. Call it lazy, lack of work ethics, chalta hai attitude, quantity over quality. And it has resulted in a society with large number of people with little incentive, motivation and accountability.

The corruption is in the effort itself.

10 hours ago, MechEng said:

India is overpopulated and you need to accept this truth. Get into privatization but not the way Modi is doing.

Progress is important but not at the cost of quality of life.

Modi does a lot of mann ki baat but it's all monologue, spending money on new lok sabha building and other fancy stuff to show 'atma nirbhar bharat' is just showmanship.

Overpopulation is a symptom of the problem. Government focus is rightly on improving the "ease of business" in all sectors. That's the way a country can progress as both producers, consumers directly benefit. If you are against liberalization, then maybe we should stop all technology. Like with a washing machine, many maids lose work?

And if you expect government support everywhere and, then that makes the government the "annadata". So that the protest itself is farzi...

14 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Best way to end the India vs Pakistan Kashmir war is to have a cricket match that decides the fate of Kashmir. The winner wins the land. This may favor India the most since China does not have a cricket team. 

In order to stop the China conflict they need to have a MMA fight between Akshay Kumar and Jackie Chan.

Let us be practical and make current border an IB.

How many protests did we see in the current fascist regime? It's a good thing that people are not taking it for granted and are ready to hit the streets to defend the core values they truly believe in, even at the risk of their lives. I have to say these are some of the best times that we are living. 

This thread is exactly why Indians need to be thankful for NRIs. Unlike clueless Indians, NRIs always have their ear on the ground and know exactly when the country is going through worrying times.

Deluded Indians living in the country would worry when
1) half the country was shitting in open,

2) living without electricity, no recourse to even basic banking while Mallayas and Niravs were phoning banks for thousands of crores in loans with zero due diligence,

3) when there was a terror attack literally every few months.

4) when China would occupy thousands of square KM of our land and our then Defence Minister wouldn't inform the parliament, and, instead, brazenly justify NOT building border infrastructure.

How wrong were we? Those weren't the worrying times at all.

It's when the country begins to stand for itself against China, building border infra, and punishes pakistan for its misadventures, or when a handful of zamindar protestors living like leeches start protesting for their privileges being taken down, that's when the worrying times start.

Awesome post.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, speedheat said:

Lord save us!

IMG_20201213_174153.jpg

I think Indians donate least and hence most of our NGOs are relying on foreign funding. There are a lot of work which can be done if indigenous funded NGO start working. This is an area which has lot of potential 

16 hours ago, Lannister said:

How many protests did we see in the current fascist regime? It's a good thing that people are not taking it for granted and are ready to hit the streets to defend the core values they truly believe in, even at the risk of their lives. I have to say these are some of the best times that we are living. 

JNU used to protest every week. Quitened. Article 370 19 minths, quietened. Shaheen  bagh for six months, quietened . It was riots but nevertheless quietened. Farmers protest is not going to be anywhere close to it. By end of nxt 4 years, when BJP ED NSA will be done, we won’t have fake protests.

As far as opposition is concerned, their space is shrinking in democratic institutions. So, don worry about it.

16 hours ago, Khota said:

Let us be practical and make current border an IB.

Pakistan never gives up without fighting. Bangladesh got created after Danda. Forget India, they protected Osama even against America. Thats how tenacious they are.
Unless there is a danda, Pakistan will not agree.. Imo, we need to get right locations on LoC, once we got the right spots and Pakistan realises that there is not much it can do, then only We will be able to route it out.

if it was as simple as u think, we would have got open borders between the two nations.

16 hours ago, Khota said:

Biggest worrying sign for India is that whatever the current bureaucracy and BJP government is doing is not working.

It is. People have allmost forgotten from bofors to 2g scam and now talk about policy. This is a major shift

24 minutes ago, mishra said:

Pakistan never gives up without fighting. Bangladesh got created after Danda. Forget India, they protected Osama even against America. Thats how tenacious they are.
Unless there is a danda, Pakistan will not agree.. Imo, we need to get right locations on LoC, once we got the right spots and Pakistan realises that there is not much it can do, then only We will be able to route it out.

if it was as simple as u think, we would have got open borders between the two nations.

India never made them paythe price that is why. It needs to be drilled in their heads that Kashmir belongs to India.