Give Rahane Captaincy and Ashwin Vice Captaincy right now

22 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

The passenger who was a flop on our last tours to England, New Zealand and South Africa. His record in India is mediocre as well.

I don’t care if he averages zero for rest of his career as long as India wins under him. 

Like I said, our obsession with individuals is to a point of disease. We have lost track of what the end goal of this game is. 

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I don’t care if he averages zero for rest of his career as long as India wins under him.

Like I said, our obsession with individuals is to a point of disease. We have lost track of what the end goal of this game is.

Which would be great if players, staff etc. were all raving about what a great captain he is, how he motivated players in a tough situation, tactical masterstrokes where he out-thought Australia etc. but literally none of them gave him any credit in their post-series interviews. Shastri was given a lot of it, which doesn't say much about Rahane the leader. His poor numbers with the bat don't make up for it. 

The team lifts itself and performs like a miracle. He himself played that tremendous innings in the second test. Make Rahane the captain. Kohli is negative and his negativity rubs on everyone.Plus he is in shitty form and a HUGE liability on this team. He should be stripped off captaincy and allowed to play purely as a batsman. May be he can score then.

13 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

He himself played that tremendous innings in the second test. 

Then went missing in the rest of the series like he always does. 

13 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Plus he is in shitty form and a HUGE liability on this team. He should be stripped off captaincy and allowed to play purely as a batsman. May be he can score then.

He was the highest scorer from either side in the last Test he played. 2nd and 1st highest scorer in the ODI and T20I series respectively.

I understand removing him from LOI captaincy because he backs all the wrong players and we've got Sharma who's a successful IPL captain but giving the Test captaincy to Rahane? One of the most mediocre batsmen we've had in Tests in recent memory, because we won a series in Australia, though none within the team itself gave him credit in any interview.

I believe tennis has non playing captain. Maybe Rahane can try that instead of practicing binary language (1 ,0) in a home test.

Pujara seems to be the logical pick for me, he's a certainty in tests and u need that to avoid rotating captains. I'm not sure of Ashwin only because Jadeja should play ahead of him in my book in case we need a lone spinner on green tops in Eng/SA.