Smith

Root

Shakib

Rizwan(Wk) 

Cummins

Lyon

Yasir Shah

Archer

Latham is such a pain in the a** always..  Root Kane Smith would be tough trio to knock over.   A fit & firing Rabada is different level to Archer but ever since that injury in 2018 he has lost some pace.  I'll take Wood who can sustain his pace longer. 

I'll take Embuldeniya over Yasir ATM..  I think a leggie in tests against India is a bad idea especially the one who doesn't has a googly.  Agree with the rest. 

Karunaratne

Latham

Kane

Smith

Root (c) 

Shakib

Rizwan (wk) 

Cummins

Lyon

Embuldeniya 

Mark Wood 

ideal india 11 

gill or mayank

rohit

pujara

kohli

rahul

pant

thakur or sundar

ashwin

jadeja

shami

umesh

too good of a team. no respite in batting. each and everyone one can take the game away from you. i would have mayank over gill because mayank in asian conditions is a beast and he is an extremely good player of spin. rahul too would be a handful in middle order. he scored 199 vs australia not too long ago. 

thakur has insanely good reverse swing and can bat. 

no respite with shami umesh, jadeja, ashwin and even thakur who can all bowl oppositon out. reverse swing plus depth in batting and add in spinners. its a nightmare team for any world 11. 

Lol why is everyone picking Azhar Ali? I know he was a class player once but now he is just another Rahane who comes good once in a series....

Latham

Elgar

Root

Smith

Williamson

Shakib

Rizwan (WK)

Cummins

Archer

Lyon

Maharaj

If this team wins the toss and bats first, then it'll be a close game. Any other case, we'll win.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

ideal india 11 

gill or mayank

rohit

pujara

kohli

rahul

pant

thakur or sundar

ashwin

jadeja

shami

umesh

too good of a team. no respite in batting. each and everyone one can take the game away from you. i would have mayank over gill because mayank in asian conditions is a beast and he is an extremely good player of spin. rahul too would be a handful in middle order. he scored 199 vs australia not too long ago. 

thakur has insanely good reverse swing and can bat. 

no respite with shami umesh, jadeja, ashwin and even thakur who can all bowl oppositon out. reverse swing plus depth in batting and add in spinners. its a nightmare team for any world 11. 

No. 7 is too high for Shardul.

4 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

What would be the best XI to overturn the might of India at home?

My thoughts:

Azhar Ali

Kane Williamson (c)

Joe Root

Steve Smith 

Barbar Azam

Shakib Al Hasan

Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)

Pat Cummins

Nathan Lyon 

KG Rabada

James Anderson

Babar Azam, Azhar Ali..... Azam was shitting against Maharaj bowling. Against ashwin and Jadeja his test career ll get over.

9 hours ago, sage said:

Babar/Kane/Root/Smith is a hell of a middle order to be up against 

Babar struggles against spin. Kane is poor overseas, was made to look like a tailender by Ashwin on our pitches previously. I think Mushfiqur is a more credible threat than these two. 

Root and Smith are gold, them batting together will make things tough for us. 

In my team I will look to minimize number of LHBs though not completely avoidable, at least one major threat (Ashwin) can be managed that way....you just have to check his record against the likes of Warner, Stokes, Karunaratne, Elgar, Latham, Bravo, Kock....free wickets and I don't care how good they are. No respite even as opener since Ash can bowl with the new ball. I don't rate Babar Azam against quality spin, he may require more experience in SC conditions.

I'll go with:

Azhar

Kane (c)...more for his shrewd captaincy

Root

Smith

Angelo (thought of Ross Taylor but the Lankan loves our bowling)

Shakib

Mushfiqur (wk)

Holder

Moeen

Cummins

Lyon

Will look to stack up the batting, only way to beat this India on normal Indian decks is to put huge totals in 1st/2nd innings of the match and enable bowlers to use the psychological advantage of scorecard pressure. Moeen at 9, Cummins at 10 and Lyon is no mug at 11. 

Holder bowled well in India last time, way better than Rabada, NZ/Eng quicks. For a moment thought of Hazlewood but as an overall package Holder offers more.

This is a batting lineup which can give max trouble to our bowling unit and on pattas can score enough (and bat long enough) to at least make comfortable draws. If rank turner, the deep batting can help them in a low scoring shoot-out. 

Bowling attack of Cummins, Holder, Lyon, Shakib, Moeen and Root/Mathews/Azhar to bowl a couple of overs here and there if required. 

Edited by Gollum

Darren Bravo might be a good option for the team, aside from the common players listed already.

He is the Windies version of Rahane, good on spinning pitches in the ISC, but terrible at home. 

Overall a 54+ average in Asia. 

He has a fantastic record vs LA-spin, averages over 70 vs that type of bowling, so he would need to be in the MO to try and negate Jaddu. He would need a partner who takes on Ashwin more comfortably as he relatively struggles against RA-spin. 

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/277472.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/277472.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting;view=dismissal_summary

Edited by Tibarn

People are selecting Rizwan ahead of de kock, watling, bestrow and buttler. 

No clue why would anyone pick azhar ali as opener for world xi when his own team doesnt play him as opener. 

No marnus ? also in India why isnt anyone considering Yasir Shah

Edited by jf1gp_1