3rd Test - India vs England, Pink Test - D/N - *WTC Knockout Encounter*

SK_IH

2 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Does anyone truly believe that this pitch will allow cricket for 4 days , leave alone the 5th day.

This was probably an extreme over-precaution in ensuring that the pitch didn't aid their seam/swing bowling - I have seen such p[itches in the [past but never where the groundmen had to delicately balance so many aspects of the game! In that sense his job was 4x more difficult than you image it'd been otherwise, just imagine a little bit of live grass on this deck & Eng ripping through our chumps. Kohli would've eaten that guy alive :ahhhhh:Watch: Virat Kohli's Animated Celebration After Joe Root's Wicket On Day 1  Of Pink-Ball Test

3 minutes ago, RajBan said:

The batting is atrocious but the pitch is not properly made as well. We can't deny one on pretext of highlighting the other. Does anyone truly believe that this pitch will allow cricket for 4 days , leave alone the 5th day.

A pitch where the bowling mark erodes the surface and create dunks on second session of day 1 definitely should raise serious questions..

Let me put it this way the pitch ain't that bad as the scores reflect. I remember a pitch in Kanpur against SA in 2008 which was rated as poor (& it was under prepared), where batting in comparison to the **** show we saw in this match was of different level. This looks relatively easier than that turner but batsman had no resort here apart from sweeps or lunging forward.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Did Bhajji and Kumble play on as many turners as Ashwin played in his career?

Kumble yes, 90s was infamous for our turners. Almost all matches produced results.

Bhajji not so much, I can count maybe 4 genuine rank turners in his career, with Ashwin I'd say 6 and that number is likely to shoot up in his remaining career. But OTOH offies now can't bowl doosra. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

This looks relatively easier than that turner but batsman had no resort here apart from sweeps or lunging forward.

Yeah it wasn't that bad, the difference in red soil pitches like Mumbai (2004) or Nagpur (2015) is that the ball zips through & has a lot more pace on it. The turn is big, sometimes explosive & really quick. Black soil or really any other soil doesn't afford that kind of pace.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kumble yes, 90s was infamous for our turners. Almost all matches produced results.

Bhajji not so much, I can count maybe 4 genuine rank turners in his career, with Ashwin I'd say 6 and that number is likely to shoot up in his remaining career. But OTOH offies now can't bowl doosra. 

Sorry but Ashwin is way better than Harbhajan. Harbhajan always lived under the shadow of Kumble. For most of his career, Harbhajan was too much on-off with his performance. Played a pivotal part in one of India's greatest series, that his legacy 

Sorry but Ashwin is way better than Harbhajan. Harbhajan always lived under the shadow of Kumble. For most of his career, Harbhajan was too much on-off with his performance. Played a pivotal part in one of India's greatest series, that his legacy 

I agree Bhajji also had knack of developing injuries when pitches did not suit him.

I have always maintained that. People also forget how pivotal doosra (impossible without chucking) was for Bhajji's success.