Get shaw in right now

This guy is best batting talent to come out of India after Sachin, sehwag

He will break all batting records and entertain everyone and win many matches

How can someone with such prodigious talent be kept out

He should immediately play all 3 forms of game as opener

Dhawan gill mayak Rahul can't even tie hua shoelaces as a batting talent

Get him in now

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

I read a lot of suggestions about opening with Pant for explosive starts. But Pant does well when he takes 15+ deliveries to get set. And has great finishing skills. Should bat in the middle order. 

If we want an explosive opener in T20s, the answer is Shaw. He can start hitting from ball one. 

Ignoring players like Shaw,  in white ball cricket, makes no sense to me.

I would rather have Pant than Dhawan at the top, even if Pant does take 15+ to get going which is not really the case, he generally needs 6-9 balls to get his eye in.

As an opener he could play his "risky" shots with only two men outside the circle.

Problem with India is that Pant is so important to us, we cannot take the risk to open with him and for him to get out cheaply.

This Indian batting lineup is predictable to some extent, if Hitman, Pandya or Pant fails, team India fails. We need all the top 6-7 batsmen to "save" India. Unfortunately only 3 players can take this role.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

I read a lot of suggestions about opening with Pant for explosive starts. But Pant does well when he takes 15+ deliveries to get set. And has great finishing skills. Should bat in the middle order. 

If we want an explosive opener in T20s, the answer is Shaw. He can start hitting from ball one. 

Ignoring players like Shaw,  in white ball cricket, makes no sense to me.

I would disagree with regards to Pant.

Even in this last T20, he was able to get going after 3-4 balls and his S/R was good in the powerplay where he can hit over the infield. He started struggling when England spread out the field. 

Agree about Shaw. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I would rather have Pant than Dhawan at the top, even if Pant does take 15+ to get going which is not really the case, he generally needs 6-9 balls to get his eye in.

As an opener he could play his "risky" shots with only two men outside the circle.

Problem with India is that Pant is so important to us, we cannot take the risk to open with him and for him to get out cheaply.

This Indian batting lineup is predictable to some extent, if Hitman, Pandya or Pant fails, team India fails. We need all the top 6-7 batsmen to "save" India. Unfortunately only 3 players can take this role.

Which is probably why Shaw could be a good replacement for Dhawan if hit man is being rested. 

Dhawan looks finished, an attacking batsman like Shaw is precisely what we need. His weakness against the incoming ball ins’t such big deal in this format & conditions. If India’s plan was to attack they went in with the wrong team to implement the plan.

Edited by IndianRenegade