Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

Who is the Most Overrated current Indian player on this forum ??  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

• Kuldeep yadav
    • Ravi ashwin
    • KL rahul
    • Hardik Pandya
    • Sir Jadeja
    • Navdeep saini
    • Shreyas Iyer
    • Bhuvi
    • Rishabh pant
    • Mayank aggarwal
    • Pujara
    • Rohit sharma
    • Siraj
    • Sundar

Surprised to see Pandya with max votes, is he really overrated here? I think he has more haters than fans. For a player like him we must look beyond stats, very tough role what he is doing, pace A/R is the most demanding job in cricket and he bats at a position where he must be judged on impact, not numbers. Batting at #6 is a thankless job, a reason why most batsmen prefer to cement themselves up the order. Also unlucky, with injuries, with playing most of his tests in Eng/RSA. He has been pretty clutch, game changer and that must add some credit points. Hope he has a good few years henceforth and people change their opinion, for Indian cricket to shine players like Pandya, Sundar are key. 

Edited by Gollum
3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Pujara. Not saying he isn't good but when comparisons with genuine ATGs (and GOAT contenders) crop up, really a joke. Avg 29 in Eng, 20 in NZ, 20 in WI, 31 in RSA.....read more like Thirimanne's stats than those of Dravid/YK. 

Had one very good tour of Aus, but absolutely dismal in SENAW otherwise. Goes missing across full tours like Eng/Aus 2014-15, NZ 2014, WI 2016 etc, zero utility. Very limited, come on even Ishant had better batting numbers last time both played CC. These days he can't even handle spin, declined massively post 2019 and the only reason he is still in the team is cos of past reputation. Not even HTB these days. Extremely limited, can't bowl/field, poor fitness, can't play other formats and even his batting has zero flair.......ugliness and passive approach makes cricket unwatchable when he is batting. India has produced several HTBs, limited batsmen etc. but never such an ugly and uninspiring one like him, he is the kind of person who will drive kids away from cricket. 

Deserves credit for maximizing his lack of talent/ability, and I will be the first one to admit that he has been very clutch/courageous, outstanding on turners in the past (peak Che is one of the best ever batsmen in SC conditions, ahead of many ATGs). Saying he is overrated doesn't mean he is bad per se, he is an overachiever and I always respect that category. But hopefully no youngster imitates his batting style in the future.....ok to be a grafter but please not an eyesore. 

I don't think anyone rates Pujara as an ATG. For major part of his career he was known as FTB & then 2017 onwards got some good scores in Eng & Aus. But that is about it. 

I think most of our youngsters are overrated by us fans at one point or another. We liken them to greats of previous era based on our ingenious imaginations. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Surprised to see Pandya with max votes, is he really overrated here?

Post dhoni, kohli  if u see he is the one who has extracted very extreme views. Some including me rate him very high and some dont rate him much . Had i made underrated cricketers post i think he still wud have gotten a good amount of votes 

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I don't think anyone rates Pujara as an ATG. For major part of his career he was known as FTB & then 2017 onwards got some good scores in Eng & Aus. But that is about it. 

I think most of our youngsters are overrated by us fans at one point or another. We liken them to greats of previous era based on our ingenious imaginations. 

I think in Indian conditions he is an ATG but when he goes out he is at max above avg but when ppl call him 2nd coming of dravid thats to much and specially when they talk about his technique. I dnt think his technique is that solid 

4 hours ago, raki05 said:

why not kohli been there for his captaincy he is quite overrated for his captaincy. Pujara is quite overrated in-spite of his mediocre average overseas. Pandya is overrated due to his ipl exploits , as for main events he hardly played in his 5 years of career due to injury ,another example of how fitness is overrated even though you are matching captain standard of 6 packs and chiseled body. he performed well in his limited chances in odi and test but in t20 international he has yet to perform.

i wanted to but then realised no one rated his captaincy apart from 1-2

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pant no votes till now- he is another guy who has had very extreme views 

In this forum Pant has had very few detractors. Only in the outside world he wasn't rated that much. But the perception is started changing a bit since Aus tour.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

In this forum Pant has had very few detractors. Only in the outside world he wasn't rated that much. But the perception is started changing a bit since Aus tour.

yea i think a lot is due to recent form. Let him have 4-5 bad matches n 2-3 spilled catches and he might top the charts

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

KL rahul hands down. Only one innings till date in difficult conditions which suits bowlers. Bangalore 2017. All other matches i repeat every one of them ( i have pored through his stats in terms of his score and score of team and opposition and conditions) has been on flat tracks or good batting tracks. 

I will go for Shikhar Dhawan, his name is not in tbe list though. But he is inconsistent, rarely plays a top innings in a difficult circumstance (have forgotten last time he played it). There are some flashes of brilliance at times but those are in flat tracks and limited to consider him a dependable match winner.