Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

Who is the Most Overrated current Indian player on this forum ??  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Most Overrated Indian player on this forum ??

• Kuldeep yadav
    • Ravi ashwin
    • KL rahul
    • Hardik Pandya
    • Sir Jadeja
    • Navdeep saini
    • Shreyas Iyer
    • Bhuvi
    • Rishabh pant
    • Mayank aggarwal
    • Pujara
    • Rohit sharma
    • Siraj
    • Sundar

Voted for Ashwin from those on the poll (guys like Rohit are not listed) 

• Appears disabled without those Ind pitches 
  • Mostly successful v left handers (so if a line up has no left handers, would he not do well?) 
  • Relatively poor in SENA among spinners (only Sundar avgs higher than him in recent period as I recall from posting stats somewhere) 

PS some old stats posted on other threads

image.png.e84383ec7756f518cef11ca25be4e85c.png

In SENA since 2018

Primary team India 
Opposition team Australia  or England  or New Zealand  or South Africa 
Home or away away (home of opposition) 
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2018 
Type of bowler (by style) spin bowler 
Qualifications wickets taken greater than or equal to 3 
Ordered by bowling average (ascending)

Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
GH Vihari 2018-2021 9 7 45.3 9 132 5 3/37 3/38 26.40 2.90 54.6 0 0  
RA Jadeja 2018-2021 6 10 218.3 39 609 23 4/62 7/258 26.47 2.78 57.0 0 0  
Kuldeep Yadav 2018-2019 2 2 40.5 7 143 5 5/99 5/99 28.60 3.50 49.0 1 0  
R Ashwin 2018-2021 11 20 466.1 89 1169 39 4/55 7/121 29.97 2.50 71.7 0 0  
Washington Sundar 2021-2021 1 2 49.0 7 169 4 3/89 4/169 42.25 3.44 73.5 0 0

Edited by zen
10 minutes ago, zen said:

Voted for Ashwin from those on the poll (guys like Rohit are not listed) 

• Appears disabled without those Ind pitches 
  • Mostly successful v left handers (so if a line up has no left handers, would he not do well?) 
  • Relatively poor outside Asia (only Sundar avgs lower than him in recent period as I recall from posting stats somewhere) 

Added 

Pandya is definitely the most overrated player here, by this i don’t mean that he is a liability or something, he is a must in our lois team but he has many weaknesses, some posters believe that he is a top quality bat which i don't think is true. As we saw in the last game too he can't accelerate against quick bowlers when they start bowling on the off side or when they use short pitch stuff. 
I have seen only two Indian allrounders since 2000 who got a crazy amount of hype, one was Irfan Pathan second is Hardik and i truely believe that based on pure talent Irfan was atleast a level ahead of Pandya, there are people who compare him with dev, LOL, i just want him to equal Irfan , that alone would be enough.

Among the options provided, I have to say Saini. At least everyone else in this list has done something of note during their international careers. Saini has so far done nothing. I hope he goes on to become a great cricketer, but as of now, I have to say him, especially after seeing the manner in which he was hyped up on this forum. 

why not kohli been there for his captaincy he is quite overrated for his captaincy. Pujara is quite overrated in-spite of his mediocre average overseas. Pandya is overrated due to his ipl exploits , as for main events he hardly played in his 5 years of career due to injury ,another example of how fitness is overrated even though you are matching captain standard of 6 packs and chiseled body. he performed well in his limited chances in odi and test but in t20 international he has yet to perform.

Pujara. Not saying he isn't good but when comparisons with genuine ATGs (and GOAT contenders) crop up, really a joke. Avg 29 in Eng, 20 in NZ, 20 in WI, 31 in RSA.....read more like Thirimanne's stats than those of Dravid/YK. 

Had one very good tour of Aus, but absolutely dismal in SENAW otherwise. Goes missing across full tours like Eng/Aus 2014-15, NZ 2014, WI 2016 etc, zero utility. Very limited, come on even Ishant had better batting numbers last time both played CC. These days he can't even handle spin, declined massively post 2019 and the only reason he is still in the team is cos of past reputation. Not even HTB these days. Extremely limited, can't bowl/field, poor fitness, can't play other formats and even his batting has zero flair.......ugliness and passive approach makes cricket unwatchable when he is batting. India has produced several HTBs, limited batsmen etc. but never such an ugly and uninspiring one like him, he is the kind of person who will drive kids away from cricket. 

Deserves credit for maximizing his lack of talent/ability, and I will be the first one to admit that he has been very clutch/courageous, outstanding on turners in the past (peak Che is one of the best ever batsmen in SC conditions, ahead of many ATGs). Saying he is overrated doesn't mean he is bad per se, he is an overachiever and I always respect that category. But hopefully no youngster imitates his batting style in the future.....ok to be a grafter but please not an eyesore. 

Edited by Gollum