Who were the most stylish or elegant batsman of the last 25 years in order of merit?

Who was the most stylish or elegant batsman of the last 25 years?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the most stylish or elegant batsman of the last 25 years?

• Mark Waugh
    • Damien Martyn
    • Brian Lara
    • Saed Anwar
    • Sachin Tendulkar
    • Mohammad Yousuf
    • Kumar Sangakkara
    • Aravinda De'Silva
    • Hashim Amla
    • VVS Laxman
    • Mohammad Azharrudin
    • Saurav Ganguly
    • Mahela Jayewardene
    • Sannath Jayasuriya
    • Rahul Dravid
    • Carl Hooper
    • Rohit Sharma

My list of the most stylish or elegant batsmen of the last 25 years in order of merit.Not rating in terms of class or technical correctness,but in terms of artistry.

1.Mohammad Azharrudin

2.Mohammad Yousuf

3.Damien Martyn

4.Mark Waugh

5.V.V.S.Laxman

6.Mahela Jayewardene

7.Saed Anwar

8.Brian Lara

9.Yuvraj Singh

10.Saurav Ganguly

11.Kane Williamson

12.Aravinda De 'Silva

13.Hashim Amla

14.Rohit Sharma

15.Michael Vaughan

Azhar and Yousuf literally took grace to regions of divinty carrying a widow like a violin .Their strokes resembled the touches of a painters brush.Marytn and Waugh were elegance personified .VVS Laxman to artistry to dimensions rarely traversed.Mahela's strokes gave vibrations of the notes of a flute.Even if more than often carrying out a combing operation Anwar ,Yuvraj and Lara never lost their artistic touch.Ganguly often looked like an incarnate of David Gower in terms of fluidity.Williamson,Aravinda and Amla could single-handedly carry their teams over the line to achieve victories but stlil never at the cost of grace.

Laxman  was the ultimate champion in bissecting a field as well as Lara .Azhar's leg glance or leg side play was magical .Even if hitting sixes Yuvraj revealed the grace of a poet,as few ever did.On the onside Mark Waugh wast he most virtuous.When driving Mohammad Yousuf depicted the grace of  a priest bowing before God.Ganguly was the ultimate master of offside play.

Edited by Harsh Thakor
9 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

I am sorry but I found Hasim Amla and Mohammed Yousuf extremely ugly to watch and weren't aesthetically pleasing to my eye, Ganguly's off side was Great but was extremely awkward playing anything on the leg stump. Some noteable misses are Marcus Trescothick, Ricky Ponting, Rahul Dravid, Jaques Kallis. 

Ponting or Kallis stylish?Yousuf not elegant? What about my other inclusions like Lara,Yuvraj,.Azhar.,Martyn ,Jayewardene and Waugh?Anything to say?

Edited by Harsh Thakor
44 minutes ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Ponting or Kallis stylish?Yousuf not elegant? What about my other inclusions like Lara,Yuvraj,.Azhar.,Martyn ,Jayewardene and Waugh?Anything to say?

So Kallis is not stylish according to you? A perfectly still batting stance, picture perfect cover drives, what makes Mohammed Yousuf elegant? Nothing elegant about the exaggerated high bat lift, if Mohammed Yousuf was elegant then so was Roshan Mahanama. Ponting not stylish? Front foot pulls, beautiful drives...Maybe the definition of elegance and style is different for you and me.