How much is Rohit's captaincy worth to a team?

sage

How many runs?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many runs is Rohit's captaincy worth?

All these paindu talks of not reacting to a wicket or no ball, really? 

I haven't seen Kohli abusing Bumrah when he bowled a no ball, which he has done so many freaking times.

As for reacting to a wicket, how does that lower the team's confidence. 

I have seen Ricky Ponting and Shane warne's captaincy, both were aggressive and won titles, actually they were thrice the captain Rohit would ever be.  So all this BS regarding showing a docile face in pressure situations is plain dumb. 

Gautam Gambir, yet another successful Ipl captain, i wonder he was also a docile, calm and collected captain. 

Also he never abused other players, he fought with Rahul Dravid of all people FGS. 

I hope this idiotic agenda of not having an aggressive player as captain ends soon. Zero logic behind it, has been proven wrong thousands of time

9 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bro thoda technical baat karega kya, ya fir sirf emotions reactions mai hi deal karega. 

Aisa kya use kiya Rohit ne Boult ka, please do tell. He is a world class new ball bowler so every captain will use him for opening the bowling and then 2 overs left which you can use as per your convenience. 

cricket is 50% mental side of the game

• If ur nerveous try bowling yorker....full toss hi girega
  • If u try hard ull loose timing
  • IF ur overconfident ull often play rash shots

Ye sab emotion ka hi farq hai . Its with everything in life try doing same thing that u do every day when ur nervous or panicked farq pata chal jayega

Technical kya hai ? Har experienced player ko malum hai kya karna hai u dnt need to tell them bas they need to keep calm to execute it. Sab plan karte hai...baat execution ki hoti hai

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

cricket is 50% mental side of the game

• If ur nerveous try bowling yorker....full toss hi girega
  • If u try hard ull loose timing
  • IF ur overconfident ull often play rash shots

Ye sab emotion ka hi farq hai . Its with everything in life try doing same thing that u do every day when ur nervous or panicked farq pata chal jayega

Technical kya hai ? Har experienced player ko malum hai kya karna hai u dnt need to tell them bas they need to keep calm to execute it. Sab plan karte hai...baat execution ki hoti hai

Bumrah performs well in tests, t20s and odis under the same Kohli

So does Shami, Sundar, Ishant etc etc

You are making a big deal of how a captain behaves. It's 90% upto player's skill and the rest is luck not this emotional Bs

Edited by Adamant

7 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Bumrah performs well in tests, t20s and odis under the same Kohli

So does Shami, Sundar, Ishant etc etc

You are making a big deal of how a captain behaves. It's 90% upto player's skill and the rest is luck not this emotional Bs

and bumrah choked under him in CT 2017 final . Sundar played his best under Rising pune not RCB.

how else do u explain players under performing in RCB and same going n performing in other sides.  Hear from players who have been under him- pathiv n nehra have become very vocal about it. \

How else do u explain his empty cabinet, u say he has played only one-one tournament but Dhoni won his 1st t20 Wc, 1st 50 over

7 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Team selection and recognising a talent, that's two things on which i rate Rohit highly. Apart from it all these emotional and reaction talks are just vague. 

wait for few more chokes n ull understand. Start observing players body language under him in league games vs Semi's n Finals ....if u observe well ull get ur answer . 

Here is what will happen - if things go against us in 1st 10 overs, he ll become agitated and his face will look like as if game is slipping away and soon it ll rub on everyone.

• Infact go see if u find out full CT 2017 final...sit n observe .
  • In 2019 Chase watch his body langauge in dressing room while chasing vs Rohit when Jaddu was batting, ull see the difference 
  • Go watch ganguly body language in finals during his time, reason why he lost 13 finals 

This is where dhoni's poker face most days was so good, even if he was oosing grip he didnt show on his face. 

IF u dnt wanna do this excercise...u can live in denial but be rest assured choke will happen again n again

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

wait for few more chokes n ull understand. Start observing players body language under him in league games vs Semi's n Finals ....if u observe well ull get ur answer . 

Here is what will happen - if things go against us in 1st 10 overs, he ll become agitated and his face will look like as if game is slipping away and soon it ll rub on everyone.

• Infact go see if u find out full CT 2017 final...sit n observe .
  • In 2019 Chase watch his body langauge in dressing room while chasing vs Rohit when Jaddu was batting, ull see the difference 
  • Go watch ganguly body language in finals during his time, reason why he lost 13 finals 

This is where dhoni's poker face most days was so good, even if he was oosing grip he didnt show on his face. 

IF u dnt wanna do this excercise...u can live in denial but be rest assured choke will happen again n again

Apply this calmness theory on Gautam Gambhir, Ricky Ponting and Shane warne and i will be on board with you. 

Before that, all this is as vague as it gets, koi bhi tangible point hai hi nahi

Edited by Adamant

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Apply this calmness theory on Gautam Gambhir, Ricky Ponting and Shane warne and i will be on board with you. 

Before that, all this is intangible 

being hassled under pressure vs loosing tamper are two different things . Getting angry isnt loosing control of situation, u think rohit or a dhoni hasnt lost their tampers on field 

All 3 has trophies and u know why coz their face in pressure situation never looked like they are loosing grip with kohl when he looses his kohl his body languages screams that game is slipping away 

6 hours ago, Adamant said:

All these paindu talks of not reacting to a wicket or no ball, really? 

I haven't seen Kohli abusing Bumrah when he bowled a no ball, which he has done so many freaking times.

As for reacting to a wicket, how does that lower the team's confidence. 

I have seen Ricky Ponting and Shane warne's captaincy, both were aggressive and won titles, actually they were thrice the captain Rohit would ever be.  So all this BS regarding showing a docile face in pressure situations is plain dumb. 

Gautam Gambir, yet another successful Ipl captain, i wonder he was also a docile, calm and collected captain. 

Also he never abused other players, he fought with Rahul Dravid of all people FGS. 

I hope this idiotic agenda of not having an aggressive player as captain ends soon. Zero logic behind it, has been proven wrong thousands of time

Kohli is manhoos. We are winning games despite his manhoosiyat is testament to our players will to win.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

That panicked face belongs in a pixar cartoon flick

Off late I associate Kohli with the infinite monkey theorem. His simian face in front of the camera means the comparison is very natural.

Give a monkey an infinite time in front of a typewriter and it would come up with prose at some point.

Give Kohli a long rope as a captain and one can only hope he clicks in *some* crucial world cup game.:((

Edited by Mariyam

13 hours ago, Adamant said:

Bro thoda technical baat karega kya, ya fir sirf emotions reactions mai hi deal karega. 

Aisa kya use kiya Rohit ne Boult ka, please do tell. He is a world class new ball bowler so every captain will use him for opening the bowling and then 2 overs left which you can use as per your convenience. 

IDK about Boult. Not a good example. A foreign player is a finished product. That's why he is inducted into an IPL side. Or a has been. Never will you find an 18 year old Aussie in an IPL side .

Players like Hardik Krunal, SKY and even Ishaan have been given ample opportunity by Rohit Sharma. Contrast that with Kohli who would try and get batting talent out of his franchise due to strange ( and unnecessary, one may add) insecurities about the said talent being the bigger batting star. There is a huge difference between the pre MI Hardik and the Hardik of today. And a lot of it is do with the regime at the franchise.

In fact Ishaan has gone on to say that he does his net training under the watchful gaze of RS, who has also helped him iron out some foot placement issues or something.

Edited by Mariyam

The Kohli PR mafia is going after Parthiv Patel just because he was critical of their move to hold back ABDV. The paid PR trolls are calling him salty, a traitor, running an agenda and what not. Going by his tweet, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him in the IPL comm box

https://twitter.com/parthiv9/status/1382218952164601856?s=19

The earlier this cancerous mafia culture is destroyed, better it is for Indian cricket. 

Didn't take a day, as i said these so called experts don't know zilch. 

Those who themselves have played cricket at any level know how much of an effect this emotional or facial reaction has. 

The bowler is going into a fight with the opposition batsman,  he has to decide where to bowl what to bowl, captain taking credit of all this effort is as idiotic as it gets. 

4 minutes ago, zen said:

:hysterical: at the thread w/ RCB defending a low total too on that "pitch" with an inferior bowling attack than MI's ... the thread reduced to the dust (as most fanboys threads go)

These fanboys are meant to be owned 

The problem with them is they don't use their brain and in some cases(read sarchasm) they don't have one. 

They just go with the flow, jo ho raha hai bas vaise ka vaisa chipka do aur use analysis bol do