Second England player found to have made offensive tweet at the age of 15

There are reports of James Anderson deleting a 10 year old tweet calling Broad as a 15 year old lesbian.

Dom Bess has deactivated his social media account.

Morgan and Buttler are under scrutiny for their tweets with racist tones 

ECB have opened a can of worms by suspending Robinson for 8-10 year old tweets 

45 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

There are reports of James Anderson deleting a 10 year old tweet calling Broad as a 15 year old lesbian.

Dom Bess has deactivated his social media account.

Morgan and Buttler are under scrutiny for their tweets with racist tones 

ECB have opened a can of worms by suspending Robinson for 8-10 year old tweets 

what else could they do. they literally wore and paraded anti racism t shirts before the match started. they can't just let it slide. suspension pending investigation is the right action in my view.

At this rate they are going to rename some fielding positions to make them gender neutral, third man :wp107:...some moron may suggest that fine leg, long leg are sexist and more madness like we saw with Myntra logo. Excessive wokoharampanti, PCness->clown world. Don't tell me these recent actions have anything to do with anti-racism/homophobia measures. 

How ECB wants to handle such old cases is their prerogative but I hope that there are lessons learned including guidelines laid out so ppl understand what is acceptable 

From what I understand, many Asian cricketers or cricketers of Asian origin have suffered abuse to in England 

13 minutes ago, zen said:

From what I understand, many Asian cricketers or cricketers of Asian origin have suffered abuse to in England 

But they aren't addressing that. More interested in digging up old SM messages and making examples of some rookies. Let us see if they have the guts to hand out punishments to Anderson, Buttler, Morgan who tweeted similar stuff in the past. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

But they aren't addressing that. More interested in digging up old SM messages and making examples of some rookies. Let us see if they have the guts to hand out punishments to Anderson, Buttler, Morgan who tweeted similar stuff in the past. 

Right now, it does appear like a random process but hope that this serves as a starting point, leading to setting up proper guidelines and educating on such subjects 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

what Ollie Robinson tweeted was far worse that what the above names tweeted. take a look. it was right out of the gutter

5 hours ago, goose said:

how many 'indians' here were born in a white country? grew up, spent your formative years being excluded, feeling like you don't belong? i find it interesting so many Indians, i assume born and raised in India, think this is a non issue

The great Indian hope is that when it comes to them they will be seen as White :laugh:. Poor souls these type will get crushed. Buggers you are sand ngrs for the white right wing, those skin heads don't differentiate between an Indian pakistani Arab Hindu Muslim sikh.. 

10 hours ago, MechEng said:

Old school cricket banter will be a thing of history in this sterilized and politically correct culture.

Yes yes racism and sexism are the only topics possible for any banter ever. All the other millions of joke topics won't work, we NEED racism and sexism for banter

. And I laugh at people who think there is a new PC or cancel culture. These jokes always used to hurt people, the only difference is that people being hurt now have the power to hit back and the racists don't like this one bit 

There are documented cases of players wanting to commit suicide of immigrants giving the same racism which makes their life miserable. But hey banter 

Edited by New guy
9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Robinson case will serve as a good example of conduct. Imo he should be given a slap on the wrist and ECB should use this opportunity to educate players 

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

At this rate they are going to rename some fielding positions to make them gender neutral, third man :wp107:...some moron may suggest that fine leg, long leg are sexist and more madness like we saw with Myntra logo. Excessive wokoharampanti, PCness->clown world. Don't tell me these recent actions have anything to do with anti-racism/homophobia measures. 

Yea addressing  racism and sexism is so so bad you guys. We should let players contemplate suicide and immigrants be racially abused and let celebrities set examples

I love so many Indians think these clowns mocking Doesn't apply to them. These same Indians will parrot about nationalism patriotism and Indian pride. These same Indians will abuse Sanjay manjerekar befuse he dares to praise Pakistani.

But when white skinned peole take our money and mock us back  they bow down and prostrate to their masters. Because being snd supporting racists and sexism is so much more important than Indians being discriminated. There is a reason these people also like Trump. 

There were many Indians during  British era with the exact same mentality. They actually supported British racism in Indians and constantly downplayed them. To them being superior caste was more important and they equally looked down on other Indians 

34 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yea addressing  racism and sexism is so so bad you guys. We should let players contemplate suicide and immigrants be racially abused and let celebrities set examples

I love so many Indians think these clowns mocking Doesn't apply to them. These same Indians will parrot about nationalism patriotism and Indian pride. These same Indians will abuse Sanjay manjerekar befuse he dares to praise Pakistani.

But when white skinned peole take our money and mock us back  they bow down and prostrate to their masters. Because being snd supporting racists and sexism is so much more important than Indians being discriminated. There is a reason these people also like Trump. 

There were many Indians during  British era with the exact same mentality. They actually supported British racism in Indians and constantly downplayed them. To them being superior caste was more important and they equally looked down on other Indians 

Preach about morality and then use horrible stereotypes. Well done :hatsoff:

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Again going on a tangent and making hysterical posts, second nature to you I guess? Can you list the steps taken by their board/counties to address racism here? I mean there were a number of cases of racism at Yorkshire CC and this is what minorities like him have to say Azeem Rafiq: I've lost faith in racism investigation at Yorkshire

More:

References and abuses: Yorkshire and its history of racism against Asian cricketers

Yorkshire: Pujara was called ‘Steve’, racist reference to people of colour, reveals former staff

Remember when Anderson assaulted Jadeja near the changing room corridor (2014 tour) and surprisingly all cameras were out of service that day? 

So yeah let me know when they take concrete action against real perpetrators rather than going after soft targets. Western societies have a habit of pretending to be saviors whilst doing nothing or very little to address their shortcomings when it comes to race/ethnic relations, colonialism and a host of other issues. They'll never go after their big names, the ones who will be made examples of are all low hanging fruits. Unlike you I don't get so easily swayed by nautanki. 

2 hours ago, New guy said:

I love so many Indians think these clowns mocking Doesn't apply to them.

How did you come to this conclusion? I mean you do love to connect unrelated things and go on angry rants, meltdown etc but I would suggest: don't project. 

These same Indians will parrot about nationalism patriotism and Indian pride.

Again a rant about Indians, you do this so often. You don't like 'many' Indians, you think ICF is a terror hub....chill the * down. 

These same Indians will abuse Sanjay manjerekar befuse he dares to praise Pakistani.

Gavaskar praises Pakistani cricketers, Bhogle does that, so does Ashwin on twitter. Problem with Manju is he always finds ways to belittle Indians. Do you not see the difference?

But when white skinned peole take our money and mock us back  they bow down and prostrate to their masters. 

No they don't. But we know which category of Indians is guilty of the same, always asking foreign countries (including our erstwhile colonizer) to interfere in India's internal matters. 

There is a reason these people also like Trump.

US politics in a cricket thread? Open a thread on chit-chat 

Ok now history? And sociology....

See I don't like to be rude or confrontational whilst engaging with other posters here. If you want to go on incoherent rants about 'bad' India/Indians/ICF, go ahead, we have FOE unlike some other forums. But don't tag or quote me, zero interest. 

PS: I think you are a good poster/contributor especially in cricket related topics. But you have got to chill dude, you go out of control when it comes to certain topics. And you treat every contrarian (or simply people who happen to have a different view/approach reg said topics) here as a personal enemy, most of us ICFers are just normal people looking to pass time. Doubt we folks will ever engage with each other in real life, so why not just be cordial and respectfully disagree, move on when it comes to polarizing topics...this is just a cricket forum having zero impact on the world around us. 

Edited by Gollum