Ind must play Siraj in the WTC final 

zen

On 6/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, voldy666 said:

Play all 4 pacers. Don't repeat the 2019 WC mistake of dropping Shami .Bumrah seems out of form to me since the last year.

Niggle out Rahane & play both Ashwin & Jadeja. With 6 bowlers,get the pacers to bowl in short spells with full steam.

Yes. I think players who are deserving should play. All 4 are deserving. So yes play all 4.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, Tridibans_16 said:

It is a tough call to make.

Siraj, by far, is the most inform Indian bowler along with Ishant. He has a knack of picking early wickets. Further, Kiwis haven't played him earlier. So the surprise factor is there other than his obvious strengths of him being able to swing it both ways.

But, you don't bench your top performers because of whom you are playing the Final in the first place. If i am not wrong, Shami averages around 18 in the last 2 years. People saying Siraj did well in Australia, Shami has done in past too. Further, he bowls those sudden magic spells (especially in the second innings) with the old ball where he can single handedly change an innings in 4-5 overs.

Personally, I would prefer Shami (tried and tested and you know what to expect) but won't be disappointed even if Siraj is selected.

Further, if current form is the precedence, then Thakur should have played instead of Bumrah while Kohli or Rahane should have been benched to adjust Washington or Mayank.

Game is played in England where he has been pretty below par on the last two tours.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:36 PM, Lord said:

If we go by form,Bumrah misses out lol

called it :((

Most wanted him place of Shami who ended up doing  well in first innings

Bumrah is still tough to drop,but Siraj has to come in

Dropping Lambu is the option here and assess Bumrah after 1st game

17 hours ago, Lord said:

called it :((

Most wanted him place of Shami who ended up doing  well in first innings

Bumrah is still tough to drop,but Siraj has to come in

Dropping Lambu is the option here and assess Bumrah after 1st game

Nope.. Play all 4 and drop Jaddu

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rahul Mayank can play anywhere & are quality stroke players who can bat with Tail unlike Jaddu. 

Both are top order players.It'll be a massive switch.They should replace top order players.

And no evidence of batting with tail.Lets not make assumptions

2 hours ago, Lord said:

Both are top order players.It'll be a massive switch.They should replace top order players.

And no evidence of batting with tail.Lets not make assumptions

In IPl we have seen Rahul & Mayank batting with lower order..  Plus batting at 6-7 requires stroke making.  Like England uses Buttler who is an opener in T20s. 

Rahul & Mayank have technical flaws as well but positive mindset & solid array of strokes mean they can do the damage in lower order.  Mayank batted at no 5 in Gabba & looked flawless in his 1st inns too. 

Pant needs another quality stroke maker to partner him down the order.  The guy alone can't do all the heavy lifting & we know how inept our tail is. 

On 6/15/2021 at 2:00 PM, Lord said:

Are you saying Siraj is the best bowler we have?

Isnt is obvious from the just concluded game but it's clear bumrah Ishant and Shami are very good too, it's a very special bowling lineup, if Rahane and Pujara were good India could have afforded Ashwin in place of Jadeja that would be a dominant attack. Three 300 to 400 scores and then to bowl out opposition in 60 overs it's a freaking special bowling win

On 6/15/2021 at 10:59 PM, voldy666 said:

Play all 4 pacers. Don't repeat the 2019 WC mistake of dropping Shami .Bumrah seems out of form to me since the last year.

Niggle out Rahane & play both Ashwin & Jadeja. With 6 bowlers,get the pacers to bowl in short spells with full steam.

Batting will become too weak, problem is even if Jadeja is capable of replacing a middle order bat Ash is not really capable of replacing Jadeja in lower middle.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Isnt is obvious from the just concluded game but it's clear bumrah Ishant and Shami are very good too, it's a very special bowling lineup, if Rahane and Pujara were good India could have afforded Ashwin in place of Jadeja that would be a dominant attack. Three 300 to 400 scores and then to bowl out opposition in 60 overs it's a freaking special bowling win

why are you quoting my 2 months old post?

I don't remember the context